Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a damning statistic which indicates we’re 20% worse than the 17th ranked team alone (Lions).

There can only be 3 possible causes:

1) Fitness
2) Game plan
3) Mentally weak

You can immediately rule out fitness as the cause, which leaves Game Plan & Mental Weakness as the possible reasons.

In conclusion, it all points to a dysfunctional leadership group overseen & run by Bottom Ten Ken.

I’m fully convinced Ken wouldn’t be able to lead an AA side to a Premiership.

Is it because Hinkleyball requires so much two way running that our players are cooked? I often notice other teams have players (Ted is one that comes to mind) who are more "stay at home".
This, plus poor injury management, where players are rushed back/played underdone, where the comparative lack of fitness compared to opponents gets worse as the quarters go on. You can also add in late in quarters is when Port often 'shuts up shop' and trys to slow down the play. Which Port also would be one of the worst in the league at.

I never thought I'd be so invested in another clubs' board/thread.
Hope you get your way but I think your list is far too talented to capitulate and miss the 8 for him to be sacked.

If the chairman was worth his salt he should have a GF as a minimum requirement this season.
Not that I can say much, with our track record of sacking coaches!

Not surprised. I’ve said for years we leak like a sieve more often than not once the ball is in our defensive zone. We have fumbly big guys who panic once the ball is on the ground, then we have the unsure ball handling of Jones plus two guys who don’t really like the pressure of defending.
Its not personnel its the system. I flagged the Tuesday before the game how we would be punished and where we will lose the game.
Surely if I can see it you would think that everyone in the industry MUST know.
As long as Hinkley is here and we do not change the gameplan this will continue no matter who is playing for us.

He's been questioned before, many times, but usually the Melb media get attracted by something else that takes their focus away swiftly because they really are not interested in Port, or if the attention appears to linger then the club actions ever so reliable Kane and Rucci to spin the 'good bloke' and 'players love him' to deter further attention on this loser.

People I know that attended the after-match assembly last week told me that Carr rocked up and claimed that we're a young side blah blah blah. I am so sick of the young side excuse.

how dare the assistant coach peddle club propaganda at a club propaganda peddling event like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a damning statistic which indicates we’re 20% worse than the 17th ranked team alone (Lions).

There can only be 3 possible causes:

1) Fitness
2) Game plan
3) Mentally weak

You can immediately rule out fitness as the cause, which leaves Game Plan & Mental Weakness as the possible reasons.

In conclusion, it all points to a dysfunctional leadership group overseen & run by Bottom Ten Ken.

I’m fully convinced Ken wouldn’t be able to lead an AA side to a Premiership.
Why can we immediately rule out fitness?

Why can we immediately rule out fitness?
The majority of AFL sides are trained to the minute, the only exception would be the clubs with very young developing lists.

We bleed points at the end quarters because we lack discipline & resilience. That’s a leadership problem, not fitness. If you’re a player peering over to your bench & see your coach looking complacent with his hands in his pockets, what type of message do you think that sends?

Ken is the court jester of Senior Coaches, he’s an unprofessional clown who belongs in the back roads of a country league, not an elite sporting program.

It doesn't surprise me our small and medium 'defenders'.

Burton would have to be seriously looked at.
It's 100% selection, coaching and game plan

We have a significant imbalance in our D50 with ball carriers vs defenders

Houston, Farrell, Burton and to a lesser extent Jones are all "attacking" defenders. It's too many. We've seen the difference BZT has made with a defense first mindset for our talls.

I suggested in the preseason that 3 is too many back there let alone the drop off that we've seen with Jones as well meaning we have no actually good small defenders at all. None. Zero. Zilch.

There are also very few on our list. Would love a Vlastuin or Starcevich or Quanor.

We then make the problem worse by pushing up very high with our press to use the kicks to our supposed advantage...

I have not been to a game since the start of the 2023 season.

I went to every home game since 1997 and at least 2 games interstate every year.

Even went to the footy instead of going to weddings and family catch ups which clashed on the same day. Like you Port Adelaide was my religion.

As each day passes I am that closer to never coming back. I love the club but I won't give them any money under this current regime.

Yesterday I had to go for a walk after the game to cool down. I was that angry with what happened once again.

But why should I care when no one at the club cares about on field results. It hurts so much what we have become.
I guy I work with was adamant today when he told me, "Mark my words - if Hinkley doesn't win at least 1 final this year, he's definitely gone." I want to believe him.......

I guy I work with was adamant today when he told me, "Mark my words - if Hinkley doesn't win at least 1 final this year, he's definitely gone." I want to believe him.......
The board doesn’t care about winning finals, they only care about making finals. They extended Ken last year after finals were secured but before the epic straight sets exit

The board doesn’t care about winning finals, they only care about making finals. They extended Ken last year after finals were secured but before the epic straight sets exit
This still shits me so much....Koch and co are ******* idiots. Koch and Davies need to go when the new coach is finally appointed in 2056.

We sacked Williams in our 140th for less?

Ken should have gotten the flick with the loss to Brisbane, where we postured we'd rough up Neale, then lose by 48 points. Let’s not mention the loss to North by 86 points.

Fast forward 2024, we extended a coach who coming of straight sets exit in the finals

How is this even acceptable

Even now Warren Tredrea has said absolutely nothing just like everyone else within the club

View attachment xi17F-7P2nn015jC.mp4

Isn't it funny how all the things bigfooty says is an issue, turns out to be an issue.

We know nothing though. Hey small Dix?

We just need to convert the lingering spanners who bemoan ‘negativity’.

As if there isn’t literally a dozen seasons of justification for it (not including the embarrassment and dross from 2005-2012 before this mercury-addled jibberish-merchant darkened our door).

We sacked Williams in our 140th for less?

Ken should have gotten the flick with the loss to Brisbane, where we postured we'd rough up Neale, then lose by 48 points. Let’s not mention the loss to North by 86 points.

Fast forward 2024, we extended a coach who coming of straight sets exit in the finals

How is this even acceptable

Even now Warren Tredrea has said absolutely nothing just like everyone else within the club

View attachment 1969576
Smug, arrogant pr*ck is Ken Hinkley.

Is this legit? Never won a H2H count vs top 4 and once vs top 8 in 11 years? I didn't even know that was statistically possible.
Totally legit. People here have been pointing it out for years already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back