Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, Hinkley presser was refreshingly honest. He owned up that he made a mistake playing Connor - he explained that Connor felt fine and medical team okayed but ultimately it was his call.

Also regarding the domestic violence comment, Nicks did the same thing so I'm assuming it's an agreed thing.

Nevertheless, Hinkley must go.

I ACTUALLY no longer give a s**t.
I mean, you probably wouldn't be here, if you genuinely didn't give a s**t. But I think we can all relate with what you're saying, for the most part. It's been such a looooong time with this delusional fraud, it's draining.

This exchange with reporters in the presser, what a dope, lol

Ken… was it a mistake to play Connor Rozee tonight?
Yeah, we did. Yeah, I made a mistake playing Connor Rozee tonight. That was clear. It was obvious. All the testing that we done, all the medical support that we could get, all the information I could get was Connor was able to. And I seen it with my own eyes. He was actually able to run as fast as he needed to, kick as long as he needed to. But once fatigue set in tonight, it was clear. You can be - I can try and hide behind it. But I’m not. I’m not. I’m not a coward when it comes to owning a mistake and that’s what it was.
Was it your call in the end?
Yep. Mine. My call.
So, is it worse now - the same issue?
No worse. It’s no worse but it’s the same issue, which suggests to me that if he had the week off he would be better the next week. So.

Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 11.08.10 pm.png

Last edited:
I've had a bit of time to reflect on my comment from earlier in the week, and I now believe that Garry Hocking has edged ahead of Ken as our best coach in the last 11 years.

I mean, you probably wouldn't be here, if you genuinely didn't give a s**t. But I think we can all relate with what you're saying, for the most part. It's been such a looooong time with this delusional fraud, it's draining.
I'm here because i knew there'd be good value posting tonight. I probably watched a total of about 15 minutes of tonight's game in bits and pieces. i do not follow this club anymore. But yes, i do come here occasionally for the quality posting of certain individuals, like Alyx for example.

This is a guy that's been saying in pressers they wont risk players & want to manage seasons better.

Screams of a guy that can't even stick to own 'learnings' .. I mean it's no surprise as he cooked half a dozen blokes chasing his extension last year.
This might be a little left field, but is there any possibility he may be lying?

Sorry if I'm intruding. Ken probably thinks he's being a great leader here by owning a mistake. But everything he said here is appallingly bad. He's coached for how/too long and didn't realise he was jeopardising Rozee's fitness and the team's performance. You guys might be used to it but I find it staggering.
He did the same last year with Dixon , lycett , wines and McKenzie. Nothing new

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never would normally intrude on an oppositon board but do feel for you guys, I feel the Buckley years were similar for myself although we made a GF (some Collingwood supporters would disagree), I have to ask what is stopping Port from sacking him, I do assume your club receives AFL assistance, so that is only a 6mth payout regardless of contract so is it really just Koch keeping him at club?

I never would normally intrude on an oppositon board but do feel for you guys, I feel the Buckley years were similar for myself although we made a GF (some Collingwood supporters would disagree), I have to ask what is stopping Port from sacking him, I do assume your club receives AFL assistance, so that is only a 6mth payout regardless of contract so is it really just Koch keeping him at club?
Koch is the reason.

Ken on our conversion: "it's either game style, personnel or training of how to manage the stress of those moments."

It's been the same for so many years, it's clearly ******* game style. High press means lots of entries into congestion. We try to kick long goals over 50, set shots from the pocket where the only space is, if the ball hits the ground crumbling goals are much harder. Add to this, were massively disincentivised to look for short lead up forwards because if the ball is turned over with a shallow entry we're completely exposed on rebound because our defenders can't get back quick enough.

Just doesn't work and feels like we keep getting sucked into i50 counts

Last edited:
This exchange with reporters in the presser, what a dope, lol

Ken… was it a mistake to play Connor Rozee tonight?
Yeah, we did. Yeah, I made a mistake playing Connor Rozee tonight. That was clear. It was obvious. All the testing that we done, all the medical support that we could get, all the information I could get was Connor was able to. And I seen it with my own eyes. He was actually able to run as fast as he needed to, kick as long as he needed to. But once fatigue set in tonight, it was clear. You can be - I can try and hide behind it. But I’m not. I’m not. I’m not a coward when it comes to owning a mistake and that’s what it was.
Was it your call in the end?
Yep. Mine. My call.
So, is it worse now - the same issue?
No worse. It’s no worse but it’s the same issue, which suggests to me that if he had the week off he would be better the next week. So.
I like how Janus blamed Rozee for putting his hand up in the after debacle thread lol

This is a guy that's been saying in pressers they wont risk players & want to manage seasons better.

Screams of a guy that can't even stick to own 'learnings' .. I mean it's no surprise as he cooked half a dozen blokes chasing his extension last year.
Sounds like a s**t talking used car salesman to me
" WE WONT RISK ANYONE U HEAR ME"

Ken on our conversion: "it's either game style, personnel or training of how to manage the stress of those moments."

It's been the same for so many years, it's clearly ******* game style. High press means lots of entries into congestion. We try to kick long goals over 50, set shots from the pocket where the only space is, if the ball hits the ground crumbling goals are much harder. Just doesn't work and feels like we keep getting sucked into i50 counts
The personnel drop is great. It must be the players, not the Messiah Ken. Should let him oversee another complete list rebuild and maybe then he'll finally have the cattle. The premierships are coming I can taste it

The personnel drop is great. It must be the players, not the Messiah Ken. Should let him oversee another complete list rebuild and maybe then he'll finally have the cattle. The premierships are coming I can taste it
There’s still another 1,235 pieces he needs for his jigsaw puzzle. Patience. He needs our patience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back