Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Any ever wondered if Ken just actually hates the PAFC and its supporters?

I kind of feel like he does.
I doubt Hinkley hates the PAFC and it's supporters.

He would see the PAFC as his cash cow that funds his and his family's lifestyle. No hate, just contempt.

He would see the members and supporters as an irritation when they question his genius but other than that completely irrelevant.

Doesn’t even drink coffee. Coke Zero only. Very weird unit.
There's about 80 mg of caffeine in an average coffee and 34 mg in a can of Coke Zero which Daddy Donuts guzzles by the gallon.

He's just a simple country bumpkin with simple tastes.

It's great having a super genius like Nicks at the helm.

He routinely takes a gaggle of plodders and spuds that struggle to routinely beat anyone bar North and West Coast, and yet has them humming like the tabernacle choir against their crosstown rival despite not finishing above them on the ladder since 2017.

Imagine if you could replace the McHenrys, Joneses, Keayses, Sholls and Smiths with actual footballers.

You’d never lose a Showdown again.

Popped in for a laugh because I'm pathetic, but you guys are all sombre and defeated.

This is no fun. Now I feel bad.
Our only rivalry in 2024 is with our own coaches and administration.

Adelaide is just one of 17 secondary antagonists now.

Non drinker always a red flag.
And yet, balls deep in gambling activities. One wonders what caused him to stop drinking. No way he has been that way his whole life. Especially not being a country type.

I bet drinking makes him like a returned solider who saw way too much.

Not to pour fuel on the fire lads....

I've spotted Rozee trying to be subtle and stretch the hammy out less than 5 mins into the first Q whilst he was on the bench.

He then feels his hammy, so you can bet he's aware of it THAT early into the game...

Footage is at 7.45 on the full replay

View attachment 1977859
Geez good eye, you're on the ball picking this up. Good to confirm he wasn't right even at the start.

Two things regarding Ken that have confused me over the last couple of years have been 1) that the players really seem to get behind him as an almost cult like figure and 2) that he escapes any sort of media pressure, analysis or criticism.

Point 1 I can somewhat understand given he appears to be final decision maker so if you want a game then be nice, particularly if you become a favourite of his you won't get dropped despite your on field performance.

Point 2 I really struggle to get my head around.

Just depressing watching the range of emotions from Voss and McRae from the bench tonight.

There was anger, frustration, excitement and nerves all on display.

In stark contrast to Ken who sits on the bench blank as a brick wall with his hands in his pockets. When will he get called out for this pathetic gameday “coaching”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole regime is so stagnant, bereft of ideas and unable to break out of the same problems as they have become completely engrained. What we are witnessing is unprecedented, the result of unfathomable negligence from the board to let the rot set in this much with a coach who has been absolutely dead in the water for 3 years.

What a privilege for us supporters.

2) that he escapes any sort of media pressure, analysis or criticism.

There is only real possible answer is that the media are in on it.

The AFL mainstream media is probably the most tightly regulated media in the sports world and that is why it is just so boring. You can't really go outside the narratives of the AFL. There are huge areas of discussion that are not allowed for public consumption. There is no controversial figures in the media anymore and those are usually pushed to the sides or not given AFL media badges.

If you want to know what the AFL is thinking about or wanting to change, you just have to listen to the heavy hitters like Gerard Whateley or Damien Barret. They are just extensions or mouthpieces of the AFL. They will tell you what the AFL will be doing. Last year, Barrett, who I don't mind, was rabbiting on about the concerns that the AFL has with concussions and that there would be change and then this year there have been very strong penalties for head high collisions.

This is why it has been interesting to see the media allowed to criticise Hinkley and the team recently for beating up on poor sides and struggling in big games. It has been apparent for a long time to the casual fan but the media has recently been allowed to talk about it. Interestingly, in the Showdown post-match presser, it was basically the first time that Bottom Ten Ken actually talked about how his gameplan isn't working. I mean 11 years!!!

In the NBA, the most powerful journalist got his power essentially from writing positive articles about the GMs and teams that were blatantly bias. It's just the way of the world.

This is the best thread on bigfooty.
No I didn’t burn ants with a magnify glass as a kid, just admire and enjoy the humour used during this trying time.
I may have a sarcastic quip on the main board once or twice but am so enthralled in this story that I actually looked into ordering Sack Hinkley stickers prior to coming over to watch the dockers vs port game but mailing time was after I was leaving to SA.
Surely between all you talented and funny posters you can get the stickers going.
This is the time to attack whilst kern is on the back foot.

Just depressing watching the range of emotions from Voss and McRae from the bench tonight.

There was anger, frustration, excitement and nerves all on display.

In stark contrast to Ken who sits on the bench blank as a brick wall with his hands in his pockets. When will he get called out for this pathetic gameday “coaching”.
Even his body language can't string two coherent syllables together.

"I feel that as a group we didn't quite believe and in a Showdown that hurts" - Zac Butters

When their Daddy is talking up the opposition and telling the players how scary it is to play in a Showdown it's no wonder the playing group didn't have the belief that they could win. :mad:

As a kid I followed Centrals.

We made the finals one year and we had a player called John Platten who " strained " his hamstring in a game the week before.

Managed to convince Kevin Neale (I think was coaching) he could get though the final and it wasn't like we were going anywhere without him so he played.

Just about ripped the hamstring off the bone in the first quarter.

Ever since anytime anyone reckons they can play though any hamstring issue I just roll my eyes and think about Platts.

Last edited:
"I feel that as a group we didn't quite believe and in a Showdown that hurts" - Zac Butters

When their Daddy is talking up the opposition and telling the players how scary it is to play in a Showdown it's no wonder the playing group didn't have the belief that they could win. :mad:

You wouldn’t think it’s that simple, but it is.

His negativity is a cancer.

Is anything going to come from this or is it all just gonna bet swept under the carpet once again ???
This is bullshit somethings got to change now and Ken needs to step down do you have any idea how many fans have washed their hands with the club now, how many have lost the passion wake the f*#k up port the club is legit divided now !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back