Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not stand by and allow Dana's name to be besmirched on here.

She's a lovely lady. I've been speaking to her for several months now and have been helping her out with a few bills here and there.
Shes that "really hot girlfriend from another forum" isn't she?

A couple of curious contributors among those, too.

Paid or unpaid? You decide.

View attachment 1806851
lol I've suspected they've been paying for this for a while. The amount of positive samey comments that spring up quickly after each post reek of paid bots. What a time to be a Port supporter, offset the actual negative replies by hiding them etc with paid bots.

When you actually start laughing along with them you know how far you've drifted from caring anymore.

How's the Connection lol
Yeah its amazing that the average Tingles fan has a way better grasp on what Ken Hinkley's Southern Power FC is now than anybody that seems to actually work in the club's administration or media. I agree with them more than I agree with our own people.

You know what might help? A camp! These always make a bad situation better.

Get the SAS Australia guys, Craig McLachlan, Russell Brand, the GWS club song, this could only end well - right?

Kingy at it again, but 100% spot on. Desperately need more of the media calling this stuff out.

“I think Ken is a good, average AFL coach, I think he’s Kenny average and that’s fine,” King began on SEN’s Whateley.
“The gameplan that they play, for me, exposes their lack of talent in certain areas more than any other gameplan.
If you’re going to win flags on talent, you’re going to take a long time to get a list that’s stacked everywhere.
Sad how long it has taken for this realisation to kick in. First point we've been calling out since 2017, the 3rd point is what has been blindingly obvious all year as a long term failing of our club. Painting this desperate need to stack the entire list before we can challenge.

“We can dance around all these issues and say they won a lot of home and away games. But even when they were winning those games, I kept saying the model is not right. It doesn’t have Preliminary Final integrity,” King added.

No s**t, again what we've been saying for a long time. I can't think of many, if any Port supporters that actually ever thought we were a legitimate chance.

“Change is okay, change is good. Change regenerates the whole thing. Does it need that or does it need stability? They’ve been pretty stable for a decade.
“I think change was at the right time for Port but they’re not going to get it.”

Welcome to 2018 Kingy.

lol I've suspected they've been paying for this for a while. The amount of positive samey comments that spring up quickly after each post reek of paid bots. What a time to be a Port supporter, offset the actual negative replies by hiding them etc with paid bots.
lol as soon as a post is up it's immediate rapid fire just three heart emojis and a rocket or something.

I wish I had the restraint to write such a wall of text without featuring one, single, comma.

No punctuation at all. Just an unbroken stream of consciousness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan Connolly thinks Donuts has done pretty well this season :$

Kingy at it again, but 100% spot on. Desperately need more of the media calling this stuff out.

“I think Ken is a good, average AFL coach, I think he’s Kenny average and that’s fine,” King began on SEN’s Whateley.
“The gameplan that they play, for me, exposes their lack of talent in certain areas more than any other gameplan.
If you’re going to win flags on talent, you’re going to take a long time to get a list that’s stacked everywhere.
How many coaches in their time have had a Brownlow medallist, a runner-up, and two Coaches Award winners, all different? The only reason we get anywhere under Ken is because of talent, and he has wasted all of it.

Rohan Connolly thinks Donuts has done pretty well this season :$

"But, not for the first time, the torrents of criticism coming for Power coach Ken Hinkley from Port Adelaide people have many of us outside the tent scratching our heads."

Let’s face it, the Victorian football media doesn’t care about Port but they care about their Ken. Once we get into the 2024 season, they will forget everything said now and it will all be about how Ken is performing brilliantly again, particularly with a list into which he had no input at all (in fact he only met them in March).

This is why I get pissed off with the spiv citing the Victorian press as support for re-needing Ken’s contract. Those that pay attention are propagandists, the rest run with the herd because doing research on teams West of Geelong is hard.

Has anyone ever gone to Rohan Connolly for football thoughts? I'd think most people have nfi who he even is
He does read Big Footy and he has posted on this board previously.

Can't remember what his user name is.

Average? Average? Average would be making the GF every 9 years.

He's so far below average, he's the least successful coach in AFL/VFL history. Geez it would be good to have some media air cover. You just know that like the last couple of years, there's going to be multiple other coaches fired before we grow any cojones, and mulitple more teams going past us.
Nah, average is fair. He's an average coach who gets average results. He's not a worse coach than, say, Mark Neeld because Neeld has less years coached without a premiership.

It's just that at other clubs, average coaches only get 4 or 5 years in the job rather than 13. Hinkley isn't a historically bad coach, he's an average coach, but the people who keep giving him contracts are historically bad football administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back