Recommitted Sam Sturt [signs 1 year deal to 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be playing over Banfield but banfield is longmuirs, Ross lyons Zac Dawson cuddly bear

Possibly but I also think he’ll be best 22 by the end of the season. If we make finals, and he’s in the team. He might stay given we appear on the brink of something special.
If he breaks down again, Freo might offer him a shorter deal so moving becomes an option to prolong his career. Another scenario is he’s fit and he never gets a run at AFL level or doesn’t impact in a few games and is dropped. This is the time we can afford to have a few projects on the list with high ceilings.

With Freo’s current depth in every line besides the forwardline, I’d be surprised if he wanted out. I’m more concerned his body just isn’t made for AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still hasn’t featured this year and the freo small forwards seem to be providing enough
Not really a small forward though, is 1.9m he needs to play the third tall role but isn't applying enough pressure at WAFL level so we are playing the extra small or Banfield ahead when one is injured

Is a bit in no mans land as it is right now, when he gets it he is deadly but without the ball he is lacking

A lot has been said about Freo's pace with Frederick, Colyer, Clark, Switta etc but Sturt is often the forgotten one because of injuries. Healthy and fit he's as fast as anyone of those guys, can kick it 50 metres and is 189cm with an accurate kick.

I'm still confident he will feature this year at senior level.

A lot has been said about Freo's pace with Frederick, Colyer, Clark, Switta etc but Sturt is often the forgotten one because of injuries. Healthy and fit he's as fast as anyone of those guys, can kick it 50 metres and is 189cm with an accurate kick.

I'm still confident he will feature this year at senior level.
Im unsure about that mate. In the Peel games I have watched he does exactly seem to be quick or evasive. Unsure if this is due to the injuries. Treacy seems to have a lot more manoeuvrability and he is taller :(

There is a pre-season highlights vid from earlier this season showing Sturt running from half back and away from Clark delivering it into the forward line. He hasn't lost his pace, just not being used for Peel to maximise it - he is still seriously quick.

There is a pre-season highlights vid from earlier this season showing Sturt running from half back and away from Clark delivering it into the forward line. He hasn't lost his pace, just not being used for Peel to maximise it - he is still seriously quick.
Quick in a straight line maybe. But I swear watching him lately he hasn't looked good :/

That was Switkowski he burned off in that piece of play, which is even more impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back