Seriously is Daniel Motlop the laziest footballer currently playing???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2005
Perth WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
East Freo
If I was a Port supporter I would be absolutely p**sed off with the attitude of this guy. He has that much talent to burn but has also been blessed with the heart the size of shrunken pea.

He basically cost you guy's the game tonight with his forward line pressure or lack of it in the first 3 quarters.

I would be interested in hearing what Port supporters think off him????:mad:

he's a good player if you only watch the highlights

fat lazy showpony if you actually watch the game

Lazy, pretentious, arrogant, self important ****.

Ever since that video came out of him kicking goals out his arse at training hes been very very ordinary and poncing around like hes gods gift of footballers.

Whilst hes been injured for most of that time, theres no excuse for the 4 or 5 real half hearted "efforts" he put in tonight. 2-3 times he was pushed off the ball by Garland and simply gave up, leaving Garland to run off with the ball. Not good enough.

I watched him play for North Adelaide 3 weeks ago against Central Districts. When he wasn't gaving away undisciplined frees (including one when a North teammate was lining up for goal) and trying to slam a Centrals player's head into the fence, he looked disinterested and it looked like playing in the SANFL was beneath him. What was most interesting that game was that his direct opponent was Power teammate Jay Nash, Nash absolutely pantsed him, yet it was Motlop, not Nash, that got the call up to the Power.

Unfortunately, it looks like he's let his ability to kick skilful goals get to his head, and only wants to do the fancy stuff without doing the basic, hard work to win the football.

He's probably the most talented forward in the AFL (yes including Franklin) but he's never been about defensive pressure. I didn't see the game, as I was at the Essendon-Richmond game but against us he was pretty ordinary, but he does one or two really nice things which can which you the game.

If I was Choco I would demand from him that he does the defensive stuff better, as modern forwards can't survive if their defensive efforts are not up to scratch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has an appalling attitude.

He did not care one iota about the result of the game tonight.

In front of his home town, that was pretty ordinary.

He has to be closed to finished, surely?

I think he's great. sure, didnt look great tonight, but in the past he's been known for his chasing and tackling pressure at port. people have short memories.

Ala the Bible, if you want the good, accept that there is also a fair bit of bad.

He was only a metre or two away from winning the game today with a couple of last quarter goals.

Really, really want him out of our club. He infests the team with laziness.

The coaches and some supporters have over-talked his chasing and second efforts in previous seasons. I'm not convinced that he's ever been effective at applying defensive effort on a consistent basis.

His indiscipline cost us severely against Carlton last week and his lack of effort against Frawley tonight was just as harmful to our chances.

The sooner he and Ebert are no longer relied on by the coach to lead our forward line, the closer we'll be to progressing our chances of making the 8.

Like both Burgoynes before him, Motlop's career has been hindered, not helped by the fact that he is a favourite of Choco's and has gotten away without working hard enough on doing team-oriented things.

Very frustrating. Having said that if he had kicked a goal instead of those points that came from nowhere in the last, I might be able to forgive him. But he doesn't deserve that. Shocking attitude, we don't need it.

Along with Westhoff the biggest problem in the Port side at the moment. The times the ball went near him close to the boundry line he was brushed aside and didn't go back in to apply any pressure - suddenly woke up in the last quater, but it was too late.

He came in underdone a few weeks ago after aparently spitting the dummy for not being picked for the Crows game, had an argument with his vice captains girlfriend at a bar. Yet Choco and the selection commitee bring him straight back in:thumbsdown:

His attitude is deplorable and the sooner he packs his bags the better. He is a shadow of the player he was in 2007, at least then he applied forward pressure as well as kicking goals out his backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back