Southern FL Div One 2015

Who will win the SFL Div 1 Flag in 2015

• Total voters
Terech to East Brighton - WRONG try again Super, why would EB sign Terech & Smith when they already have big Hammer and Garvey.....Smith at EB, would suggest Terech isn't and won't be, he won't neccessarily be at Chelsea Heights BUT not EB.
Erish U is apparently training at Sandy, along with a dozen other SFL players.... good on em all for having a crack, if anyone has been down there to watch they would of seen Tait Sabec, Erish, Blenkislop, Jay Bruno and Jaryd Allen all training.
Walsh has signed at Chelsea, that is old news, think you will find two really good kids from Bentleigh are heading south to either Bonbeach or Edi Asp...Trout & law..... Mordi having a huge crack at ex Chelsea Heights bigman C Barr....
Super what's happening with your mob.....gone Martin, Collins, Andrews, Donnell, Nanopolous, Roscoe, any ins as yet Is Grazier still heading up the recruiting and still offering mates way overs.......i hear an ex Mordi / Bonbeach player offered a stack that he can't refuse.

Ok as promised let's look at CH and Chelt

Firstly the side that ended up fourth at the end of the year - CH
Let's look at the out's firstly -
Walsh capt (co) star, best rebounding back man in the comp, probably beat Chelt almost single handlely in the final, massive loss.
Big trex .. Rumour if true he is gone
Young forward erish, potentially huge if he, and he will make the list at Sandy won't play another game at CH ever
Big Show Smith, no return, Steve Murphy, not returning - not great
Apparently Luke newton signed at Bonbeach. Will be a couple of the ex Skye guys leave, apparently they don't like the new pres...
Another two big losses are the president Neil "puppet" Lockhart - he is CH ! And the coach, did a great job especially this year with an average list ..

Ins - maybe Moritz back - the new coach, will be good, did a good job at bentleigh Let's see what he can do at a club with no money !!!!

They will have a tough year - Div 2? In 2016

Chelt -

Where do we start

Out's - B Anderson - apparently has walked away....
Seriously lots of out's again

The Tongalla fellas all heading home -
Barclay out for the year - injured not good for the comp
Roscoe gone - Collins out ( was he ever in) massively disappointing for all concerned - talented but ....
Rowlands back to St bedes ...

Most disappointing club in the last 10 years in southern
Need a complete clean out - good people run the club but too soft on it, need a coach who is not an ex player to harden them up ...

Ins - no one has heard anything but let's assume they will be mates of Grazier !!!

Enough talent to come 7th again

Next
The combine
Clayton
Stay tuned

Harry, I'll help on a few things...

Out's - B Anderson - apparently has walked away – NOT TRUE
The Tongalla fellas all heading home – THEY ARE CHELT LOCALS
Barclay out for the year - injured not good for the comp - AGREE
Roscoe gone - NOT GOING ANYWHERE
Collins out ( was he ever in) massively disappointing for all concerned - talented but - UNSURE ON BERT
Rowlands back to St bedes - NOT TRUE
Most disappointing club in the last 10 years in southern - POSSIBLY, SHOULD HAVE WON AT LEAST 1 FLAG.
Need a complete clean out - good people run the club but too soft on it, need a coach who is not an ex player to harden them up ... PLAYERS WIN FLAGS AT THIS LEVEL, NOT COACHES.
Ins - no one has heard anything but let's assume they will be mates of Grazier !!! - THE BIG FELLA IS DOING AN ENORMOUS JOB
Enough talent to come 7th again - WE'LL SEE

Welcome back super -

Your back which is good thought you were gone for ever - massive profile and following on SEN thought the SFL might be an after thought. Only joking!

roscoe staying ? Good news
Collins - really Cohuna is a good option
Players do win flags but you still need a game plan and a coaching panel ( agree coaches overrated big time) that have an idea about the league / defensive footy / and the opposition.
Look at the last three years and the grand final sides - good coaches where involved in each game, especially one coach three in a row, good stock granted but still.. Put Ben Murphy in charge of Chelt For the last three years .... Reckon you would of gone OK

Sorry Super but I have to agree with Harry.
Look no further than Richard Houston. He took Parkmore and St Kilda City to Premierships and when he left they fell away badly. Tactically brilliant with average lists.
Tactically brilliant with average lists? What planet are you on Raging? Try Poyas, Carroll, J Mac, Casset, Bruno, Johnston, Taisyan, Arvanitis, Quinn etc. etc their list was exceptional. Their 2010 list was probably among the best ever in the SFL and as far as tactically brilliant you only had to witness the players disinterest at huddles to realize that they coached themselves.

Tactically brilliant with average lists? What planet are you on Raging? Try Poyas, Carroll, J Mac, Casset, Bruno, Johnston, Taisyan, Arvanitis, Quinn etc. etc their list was exceptional. Their 2010 list was probably among the best ever in the SFL and as far as tactically brilliant you only had to witness the players disinterest at huddles to realize that they coached themselves.
Lol, someone doesnt understand sarcasm...

Yes Mr Insider, joke on you.
Just on that list, it was very impressive, a list that had that killer instinct, the will to win and played for each other. Similar sides that have had that over past few years are Clayton, St Pauls and East Brighton. Current sides in Cheltenham and Dingley I believe lack that killer instinct. Cheltenham have always been labelled soft and for very good reason. They seem to recruit the wrong types. I think their coach is on the soft side as well.
Dingley I believe are further from premiership success then people think. Asking players to take pay cuts to help pay for there new recruits is a recipe for disaster, especially after playing in the grand final this year. Talk about killer instinct, they showed none of it during that final, and I think their coach has a lot to answer for. He seems to have no killer instinct.
East Brighton were hard, physical and played for each other. Having a good list is one part of it, you need to show what EB showed. Dingley for me need to get some old school leadership in that club, same with Chelt.

Trouble at the dingoes, apparently a few of their good ones and a couple that are hard nuts are exploring options - cutting pays if the clubs are in trouble, example chelsea heights makes sense, to cut pay to fit in a couple of 1100 dollar recruits - really -
Seem to of over reacted - outside runners are out and they have bought in bigs ......

Game plan is your issue dingley - maybe spend less on the coaching panel ????
How is francis going to cope in having to share the forward line with someone on more coin than him !!!!

Yes Mr Insider, joke on you.
Just on that list, it was very impressive, a list that had that killer instinct, the will to win and played for each other. Similar sides that have had that over past few years are Clayton, St Pauls and East Brighton. Current sides in Cheltenham and Dingley I believe lack that killer instinct. Cheltenham have always been labelled soft and for very good reason. They seem to recruit the wrong types. I think their coach is on the soft side as well.
Dingley I believe are further from premiership success then people think. Asking players to take pay cuts to help pay for there new recruits is a recipe for disaster, especially after playing in the grand final this year. Talk about killer instinct, they showed none of it during that final, and I think their coach has a lot to answer for. He seems to have no killer instinct.
East Brighton were hard, physical and played for each other. Having a good list is one part of it, you need to show what EB showed. Dingley for me need to get some old school leadership in that club, same with Chelt.
Mate we have to cop it because we were ordinary in the Grand Final, but that was our one shocker for the year. I know it means nothing now but we were beating St Pauls and East by 8 to 12 goals during the home and away. Finished with a 300 + percentage. And you mention no Killer Instinct? And before you mention injuries, Dingley also had them along the way. Dingley have a budget and it is the same as last year. Some players got pay increases some got asked to take pay cuts and we have lost a few that were getting paid. It all evens out. Pretty sure it happens at every club.

Not sure if it has been mentioned on here but East Malvern have picked up a Great player/leader in Jessie Finnen. Captain of the Shepparton Swans for past 4 years and Premiership side this year, was runner up in league B&F 2014 come 4th this year and missed 5 games, club BnF winner and a runner up in club BnF which included the likes of Adem Yze, Damien Yze, Russell Robinson, Tim Looby, Nathan Brown and Shane Woewondin in his first year of senior football and he is only 23! Big Bodies midfielder who can run all day. Will be a great player down your way guys!

Mate we have to cop it because we were ordinary in the Grand Final, but that was our one shocker for the year. I know it means nothing now but we were beating St Pauls and East by 8 to 12 goals during the home and away. Finished with a 300 + percentage. And you mention no Killer Instinct? And before you mention injuries, Dingley also had them along the way. Dingley have a budget and it is the same as last year. Some players got pay increases some got asked to take pay cuts and we have lost a few that were getting paid. It all evens out. Pretty sure it happens at every club.

Home and away season means nothing all if you can't get it done in the finals.

We knocked you off by 3-4 goals at your home ground in one game, the other you beat us by 6 goals....game was done and dusted with a few late 4th quarter goals to make it a 6 goal deficit.

EB had injuries all year, lots of them......as too did we at times so it was more reflective of that than Dingley's dominance.

Last edited:
Trouble at the dingoes, apparently a few of their good ones and a couple that are hard nuts are exploring options - cutting pays if the clubs are in trouble, example chelsea heights makes sense, to cut pay to fit in a couple of 1100 dollar recruits - really -
Seem to of over reacted - outside runners are out and they have bought in bigs ......

Game plan is your issue dingley - maybe spend less on the coaching panel ????
How is francis going to cope in having to share the forward line with someone on more coin than him !!!!
The boy will probably cope OK it's the interfering influence that hovers around living vicariously through his input that will find it hard to cope. Might have to go and actually get a job!

Home and away season means nothing all if you can't get it done in the finals.

We knocked you off by 3-4 goals at your home ground in one game, the other you beat us by 6 goals....game was done and dusted with a few late 4th quarter goals to make it a 6 goal deficit.

EB had injuries all year, lots of them......as too did we at times so it was more reflective of that than Dingley's dominance.
I did mention all teams had injuries throughout the season, just saying we were no different. Also mentioned that Home and Away games do mean nothing unless you win the flag. Point I was making was to say that Dingley have no killer instict after one bad loss is frogshit.

The word might be flat track billies raging .... Carving up average sides is one thing in the home and away , standing up in finals is what it is all about....
I was unaware jay steet and jaryd Allen are mates with tommy Dearua ..... Don't think you want him to go to St. Paul's ???
Jesse finan is a gun, will be the equal to Rayson at EB

The word might be flat track billies raging .... Carving up average sides is one thing in the home and away , standing up in finals is what it is all about....
I was unaware jay steet and jaryd Allen are mates with tommy Dearua ..... Don't think you want him to go to St. Paul's ???
Jesse finan is a gun, will be the equal to Rayson at EB
Tommy Dureau has already signed. Maybe Jaryd Allen and Jay Street can join the Dingoes. Big raps on Rayson. I know he's a gun but there is a bit of pressure coming back from a reco.

Yeah correct signed At St. Paul's ..... Plus signed what a piece of paper.... Only counts when a clearance is signed..... Contracts mean nothing at local level......

Yeah correct signed At St. Paul's ..... Plus signed what a piece of paper.... Only counts when a clearance is signed..... Contracts mean nothing at local level......
It's only worth something if the player has taken a sign on fee, otherwise you can wipe your backside over and over with it.
East Malvern, St Pauls and Dingley seem to be busy recruiting in the off season, anyone know how the other clubs are shaping up?

Not sure if its true, but hearing that there are a lot of disgruntled players at Dingley. Local boys being asked to take pay cuts to cover the enormous match fees which are rumoured to be $1k+ for the new recruits.

Not sure if its true, but hearing that there are a lot of disgruntled players at Dingley. Local boys being asked to take pay cuts to cover the enormous match fees which are rumoured to be $1k+ for the new recruits.

After accepting a pay cut, Francis old man went back to the club and told them he would leave if they cut him. Dingley weakened and instead will cut lower profile players.FACT
Gaertner & Francis between them are costing the club $1950 a game. FACT
Hope they didn't try and cut Walmsley his $150 a game.

Back