Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you actually expect someone to tell you who the new sponsor is 2 hours after asking if there’s a wiff, that it required you to Bump* ?
Someone with more knowledge than me was bound to see my post. Thanks for your input mate.

KT was asked in the 5AA interview from Shanghai about a replacement sponsor for Renault. He said
" we don't have one, but have plenty of irons in the fire." "I suspect there's a really good chance they have a Chinese intent - like Oak."

KT was asked in the 5AA interview from Shanghai about a replacement sponsor for Renault. He said
" we don't have one, but have plenty of irons in the fire." "I suspect there's a really good chance they have a Chinese intent - like Oak."
mmm that's a bit of a worry. I would've expected to be a done deal by now.

mmm that's a bit of a worry. I would've expected to be a done deal by now.
Literally - "two weeks"
Sponsorship contracts run to the end of the footy financial year which is 31 st October. I have never expected an announcement before then. Not sure if KT was just playing a dead bat to the question.

Sponsorship contracts run to the end of the footy financial year which is 31 st October. I have never expected an announcement before then. Not sure if KT was just playing a dead bat to the question.
He could've said "yes, we have a sponsor locked in and will announce it in early November in accordance with industry practices" or similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sponsorship contracts run to the end of the footy financial year which is 31 st October.

As a side note, why is this? You can potentially end up having a bunch of trade-ins wearing merch with old sponsors, etc. for their first interviews, and then run those images over an off season when the sponsors have already left.

As a side note, why is this? You can potentially end up having a bunch of trade-ins wearing merch with old sponsors, etc. for their first interviews, and then run those images over an off season when the sponsors have already left.
Because there is a legal contract re press conference visibility etc, and the traded in players wont get to the club until November, they go and take their holidays, so you can kit them up then with the new sponsors.

He could've said "yes, we have a sponsor locked in and will announce it in early November in accordance with industry practices" or similar.
Maybe he is signing up someone over in Shanghai or Hong Kong. Maybe he is playing down expectations so it can be a big surprise launch after 31st October. I don't know.

Yep I'm worried after hearing KT. Hope we find a sponsor by round 1.

On another note I just won a Tyrepower members comp for a signed Guernsey and Signed football. Bonus! They're having them framed as we speak.
I’m not worried.

KT is the main speaker at a potentially big event connecting China and Australia, we have also received the best off season press since 2014.

We will have a sponsor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back