Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Remove this Banner Ad

Without having navy glasses on it was pretty obvious SoS was sinking last night.
So typical...come on here and find all the usual haters hanging it on sos...whilst those with any sort of credibility applaud him.

So Pickett, a bloke who went to jail can be fully turned around but Stocker, who won the Morrish Medal but lacked elite endurance can’t be saved. Lol that makes zero sense.

I’m sure Pickett was lazy when he was playing up in his early days. Or was he burning up the time trials then too?

We got him for nothing and he won a flag already, he could never play another game and would still have been a great pick.

Where did I suggest otherwise?

Stop confusing yourself.

Because you are missing the point champ with your first pick you don't want to reach on one way runners just because you are worried another team might take him.
With rookie picks and mid season picks you can take risks on talented but troubled blokes and back our system to turn them around.

Because you are missing the point champ with your first pick you don't want to reach on one way runners just because you are worried another team might take him.
With rookie picks and mid season picks you can take risks on talented but troubled blokes and back our system to turn them around.
No champ you’re missing the point.

You’re carrying on like we took a flaky troubled teen in the first round. Stocker won the Morrish medal despite being injured for a chunk of the year, is a good character, was a leader for Sandgrinham but had average endurance.

He was projected top 20 in most phantoms and we took him at 19. He wasn’t going to be around much longer.

You’re carrying on like we took a flaky troubled teen in the first round. Stocker won the Morrish medal despite being injured for a chunk of the year, is a good character, was a leader for Sandgrinham but had average endurance.

He was projected top 20 in most phantoms and we took him at 19. He wasn’t going to be around much longer.

I never said that, i said Richmond didn't rate him and were never going to take him, then you cut up rough about it.

And Richmond wanted him. So much they made up a story on their board about him crying in an interview. Ditto sam philps. Don’t know why they can’t be humble and say yep we wanted him and missed. No big deal.

And Richmond wanted him. So much they made up a story on their board about him crying in an interview. Ditto sam philps. Don’t know why they can’t be humble and say yep we wanted him and missed. No big deal.

Lol there is an article on the Carlton website with stocker saying richmond roasted him in the interview

Lol there is an article on the Carlton website with stocker saying richmond roasted him in the interview
But not crying. Glad you agree. Why would richmond interview him just to tell him he’s not good enough. I think it was a motivational meeting and they were going to pick him at 20. Which a lot agree with.

But not crying. Glad you agree. Why would richmond interview him just to tell him he’s not good enough. I think it was a motivational meeting and they were going to pick him at 20. Which a lot agree with.

We obviously rated him but had doubts and wanted to challenge him and see his reaction.
His reaction was no good so we struck him off the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they say that after you didn’t get him. You’d also say the same about philp but it was all over radio today.
Jon Ralph actually tweeted Richmond weren’t interested. If you haven’t noticed, he is a Richmond supporter and if there’s one thing he is reliant on it is Richmond mail.

Instead of buying everything the media feeds you, do some homework. I was told from two player managers at a conference last year about Stocker’s pre-draft interview with Richmond. It was a controversial subject within the industry last off-season and no journalists wanted to touch it because he was barely 18. It only surfaced because Stocker himself described the interview as “confronting” and “brutal” and used it as motivation. From all reports he was visibly shaken and Richmond recruiters consequently pulled the pin. We don’t draft boys anymore.

You guys rated him as the 6th best in the 2008 super draft (which is amazing considering the talent in that draft) and that is why you made the trade with Adelaide to draft him. Collier-Dawkins was still on the board when we didn’t expect him to be so we were stoked when we snagged him and no doubt relieved when you pulled the trigger on the cry baby and not the next Bontempelli.

Stocker is playing back pocket in the twos for arguably the second sh*ttest list in the league when you drafted him as a pure midfielder. You guys tell yourselves you “stole” him from us to convince yourselves drafting him resembles some kind of win. I think your list management team have deluded themselves into sharing that same sentiment. “Draft whoever we think Richmond will draft” is your philosophy. I’ll tell you what. If Richmond’s philosophy was to “draft whoever we think Carlton will draft”, I would be happy if our club folded.

I have no mail on Philp but if it was so well known he was our first choice then why wasn’t he invited last night? The general consensus was we were going to take Cooper Stephens and I don’t recall seeing one Phantom Draft with us taking him with our first (others had us taking Day and Rivers). We were probably linked to Philp because he’s a Richmond fan and a Knights boy. Lazy journalism is my guess.

If you did manage to steal him off us I genuinely hope you did it because you actually rate him, not because we wanted him. It just reeks of desperation and highlights your inability to identify talent for yourselves.

And you may have Philp, but you don’t have strong culture, development, leadership and recent on field success. Every chance he ends up playing for Heidelberg in a couple of years, while Thomson Dow has a premiership medal around his neck.

But anyway, happy to clear things up for you. Let me know if there’s anything else you need.

SOS again failed at the draft. Choosing a player coming off an ACL over Flanders who was rated as top 5 in the phantom drafts. He also took a player at pick 20 who would have still been there at the 35-50 range. Completely embarrassing!
You can see that these kids have failed before they’ve even started?
Some (and by some I say would say genius...I say clueless nuffie that’s got no grip on reality.
You do provide the laughs though, I’ll give any spud clown their rightful space to make an utter fool of themself.

Jon Ralph actually tweeted Richmond weren’t interested. If you haven’t noticed, he is a Richmond supporter and if there’s one thing he is reliant on it is Richmond mail.

Instead of buying everything the media feeds you, do some homework. I was told from two player managers at a conference last year about Stocker’s pre-draft interview with Richmond. It was a controversial subject within the industry last off-season and no journalists wanted to touch it because he was barely 18. It only surfaced because Stocker himself described the interview as “confronting” and “brutal” and used it as motivation. From all reports he was visibly shaken and Richmond recruiters consequently pulled the pin. We don’t draft boys anymore.

You guys rated him as the 6th best in the 2008 super draft (which is amazing considering the talent in that draft) and that is why you made the trade with Adelaide to draft him. Collier-Dawkins was still on the board when we didn’t expect him to be so we were stoked when we snagged him and no doubt relieved when you pulled the trigger on the cry baby and not the next Bontempelli.

Stocker is playing back pocket in the twos for arguably the second sh*ttest list in the league when you drafted him as a pure midfielder. You guys tell yourselves you “stole” him from us to convince yourselves drafting him resembles some kind of win. I think your list management team have deluded themselves into sharing that same sentiment. “Draft whoever we think Richmond will draft” is your philosophy. I’ll tell you what. If Richmond’s philosophy was to “draft whoever we think Carlton will draft”, I would be happy if our club folded.

I have no mail on Philp but if it was so well known he was our first choice then why wasn’t he invited last night? The general consensus was we were going to take Cooper Stephens and I don’t recall seeing one Phantom Draft with us taking him with our first (others had us taking Day and Rivers). We were probably linked to Philp because he’s a Richmond fan and a Knights boy. Lazy journalism is my guess.

If you did manage to steal him off us I genuinely hope you did it because you actually rate him, not because we wanted him. It just reeks of desperation and highlights your inability to identify talent for yourselves.

And you may have Philp, but you don’t have strong culture, development, leadership and recent on field success. Every chance he ends up playing for Heidelberg in a couple of years, while Thomson Dow has a premiership medal around his neck.

But anyway, happy to clear things up for you. Let me know if there’s anything else you need.
Jesus, unsure what’s worse with this post, the fact you think Jon Ralph has good mall, or the fact you’re sitting at your laptop on Bigfooty calling 18 yr old draftees ‘cry babys’ and writing their careers off.

What a sad and odd little rant.

Jesus, unsure what’s worse with this post, the fact you think Jon Ralph has good mall, or the fact you’re sitting at your laptop on Bigfooty calling 18 yr old draftees ‘cry babys’ and writing their careers off.

What a sad and odd little rant.
I don’t like either, but Jon Ralph and Caro are very well informed when it comes to Richmond.

Once you step into the system you should be prepared to be criticised. If you can’t handle criticism maybe you’re just not cut out to be an AFL footballer (see: Liam Stocker). Imagine if Dusty ever gave him a spray during a game. He’d go through a Kleenex box.

Anyway. It will be interesting what you do with your top four pick next season. Hopefully our recruiters learn to not leak to Riley Beveridge on who we’re going to take now that the geniuses at Carlton have jumped us twice lol.

Carlton supporters will always think they stole stocker
Richmond will always say stocker cried and we didn't want him

The only sure thing here is that a recruiting strategy of picking blokes because you think Richmond want them is bonkers.

Also lol at criticising jon ralph but at the same time saying we definately wanted philip because ******* riley Beveridge said so.....

I don’t like either, but Jon Ralph and Caro are very well informed when it comes to Richmond.

Once you step into the system you should be prepared to be criticised. If you can’t handle criticism maybe you’re just not cut out to be an AFL footballer (see: Liam Stocker). Imagine if Dusty ever gave him a spray during a game. He’d go through a Kleenex box.

Anyway. It will be interesting what you do with your top four pick next season. Hopefully our recruiters learn to not leak to Riley Beveridge on who we’re going to take now that the geniuses at Carlton have jumped us twice lol.
Hahahaha yes I’m sure he’d crawl up into a ball if Dusty gave him lip during a game 😂. He seems to like a bit of push and shove on field which is good. Where’s the verification of of Stocker having a whinge anyway? I know he got smashed by then in the meeting but nowhere did I read he sooked it up.

Carlton supporters will always think they stole stocker
Richmond will always say stocker cried and we didn't want him

The only sure thing here is that a recruiting strategy of picking blokes because you think Richmond want them is bonkers.

Also lol at criticising jon ralph but at the same time saying we definately wanted philip because ******* riley Beveridge said so.....
I didn’t say anything about Riley Beveridge? Just said Jon Ralph and his biased ‘inside knowledge’ on Richmond suuuucks. Nor anything about building a strategy about beating Richmond to players. I reckon we initially wanted De Koning, who was taken, then took Phlip, who was a stretch but would be gone at 55 which would’ve been our next pick. I don’t think we ‘stole’ Stocker from you either - he was predicted top 20 and we had pick 19, he would’ve been gone in the next few picks.

Hahahaha yes I’m sure he’d crawl up into a ball if Dusty gave him lip during a game 😂. He seems to like a bit of push and shove on field which is good. Where’s the verification of of Stocker having a whinge anyway? I know he got smashed by then in the meeting but nowhere did I read he sooked it up.

I didn’t say anything about Riley Beveridge? Just said Jon Ralph and his biased ‘inside knowledge’ on Richmond suuuucks. Nor anything about building a strategy about beating Richmond to players. I reckon we initially wanted De Koning, who was taken, then took Phlip, who was a stretch but would be gone at 55 which would’ve been our next pick. I don’t think we ‘stole’ Stocker from you either - he was predicted top 20 and we had pick 19, he would’ve been gone in the next few picks.

Do you realise how insane admitting to crying in the interview would be.
For the rest of his career in the vfl everyone would sledge the * out of him.

All the Carlton supporters are quoting beveridge as the source of us wanting philip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back