The 2018 finals series.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd laugh my arse off all pre-season if Kelly misses the rest of the finals and GWS wins the flag and players start leaving for big contracts.

So I said it a few weeks back that GW$ the AFL's own lay down against the Swans, next think GW$ the AFL's own kick the s**t out of Sydney in a final, nothing that has happened has suggested my original thought process was wrong.

#AFLaintright

Yeah was kinda looking forward to it. On paper it looked like four top notch games but only one was up to standard.

Ya reckon? I thought I was a bit stiff missing out on a silly multi with Tiges, Melbourne & GWS all to win by 40+. Was only off by around 20pts in total... :)

Hope Giants win the flag. Don’t get the hatred towards them by some to be honest. Phil Davis is the most underrated captain in the comp in my view and someone you’d love to play for. Massive fan of Toby Greene’s work, is lippy, but his teammates walk taller when he’s in the side and he is great to watch. Obviously love to see JK do well. Ward, Conoglio etc all likeable. Don’t have many hateable players and game style is exciting. Tick a lot of boxes for mine

Hope Giants win the flag. Don’t get the hatred towards them by some to be honest. Phil Davis is the most underrated captain in the comp in my view and someone you’d love to play for. Massive fan of Toby Greene’s work, is lippy, but his teammates walk taller when he’s in the side and he is great to watch. Obviously love to see JK do well. Ward, Conoglio etc all likeable. Don’t have many hateable players and game style is exciting. Tick a lot of boxes for mine

Don't think anyone has anything against any individuals there. I guess it's the synthetic nature of the "franchise", the lack of any soul and that they were manufactured by the AFL to win a premiership a soon as possible to make them "real". If they win that premiership there will be something hollow about it.

Ya reckon? I thought I was a bit stiff missing out on a silly multi with Tiges, Melbourne & GWS all to win by 40+. Was only off by around 20pts in total... :)

I had Kamdyn McIntosh three or more goals into Josh Kelly under eight disposals, happy days.

Don't think anyone has anything against any individuals there. I guess it's the synthetic nature of the "franchise", the lack of any soul and that they were manufactured by the AFL to win a premiership a soon as possible to make them "real". If they win that premiership there will be something hollow about it.

It's not just that they're a newly manufactured team either. They are literally the opposite of most clubs, they are owned and operated by head office - why would we barrack for the AFL? No amount of community engagement is going to change that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just that they're a newly manufactured team either. They are literally the opposite of most clubs, they are owned and operated by head office - why would we barrack for the AFL? No amount of community engagement is going to change that.

Wats more sickening is the Media extolling the ‘talent’ like it was some genius recruiting work

Wats more sickening is the Media extolling the ‘talent’ like it was some genius recruiting work

Ugggh. Does my head in. They’ve probably had more round one draft picks since inception than several other teams combined have had since the inception of the draft. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I disagree with them existing but don’t see too many other ways to actually do it (leaving aside quibbles over the nature of concessions), however fluffing their junk and waxing lyrical like it's some sort of achievement to have a bunch of good players when they had essentially unfettered access to 2.5 years of the best players in the country is a bit rich.

Ugggh. Does my head in. They’ve probably had more round one draft picks since inception than several other teams combined have had since the inception of the draft. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I disagree with them existing but don’t see too many other ways to actually do it (leaving aside quibbles over the nature of concessions), however fluffing their junk and waxing lyrical like it's some sort of achievement to have a bunch of good players when they had essentially unfettered access to 2.5 years of the best players in the country is a bit rich.

I will be dead before I know whether or not it was the right time to have started up GWS

My concern is borne out of 20 years of visiting Sydney and Brissy and seeing the scant coverage Swans/Lions get in the Media up there when in the golden eras

I will be dead before I know whether or not it was the right time to have started up GWS

My concern is borne out of 20 years of visiting Sydney and Brissy and seeing the scant coverage Swans/Lions get in the Media up there when in the golden eras

I did not agree with either team. My view was that we had just started to stabilise post the PA & Fremantle inclusions and were approaching equitable terms for father sons and drafting. It takes decades for this to be achieved. It also made the fixture even less equitable.

Being from NSW and spending a lot of time there every year, I have always thought it needed a second team, so I guess I can't complain now they have made it happen and it seems to be actually working. I just can't care about that club one way or another.

Should be two good matches this weekend, anyway. I know the top four has generally recovered to win, but both Giants and Demons came into the finals with momentum so their good form is more than a week old.

Interesting point there gaso. Observing how little interest there was whilst in the UK recently regarding their recent test series against india now that there is no FTA coverage. Comparing that to series in the past when the BBC had broadcast rights.

Saw the same thing with popularity of the EPL locally appears to have wained since SBS lost the rights to Optus.

It appears that the AFL have not been silly enough to move the whole box and dice across to subscription television (yet??) however if nobody is watching in syd/bris its not going to encourage future increase in support.

Yeah, so I'm in the car today and have SEN on listening to North Melbourne's own Nick Dal Santo commenting on the Dees vs Whoreks final.

He has the match committee hat on and opines that you need to forget about cutting Mitchell out of the game and need to focus on tagging the damaging outlet, ie: Smith.

Fast forward 8 hours and on The Finals Lowdon program on Fox, he's agreeing with Joey Montagna that you need to cut it out at the source.

I'm sure he's a bigfooty scatter gun regular.

Knob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back