Opinion The Apprenticeship is over. Your Job starts now Dimma

Remove this Banner Ad

and where did it get us ??? .....NO WHERE ..... so why keep doing it ?????????

where did it get us? I tell where it got us, we got sucked in by the ******* hype that surrounded we eat our own and held onto 2 absolute spuds for 5 years each, who put us back 20 years. Why? because we wanted to show the comp and any "prospective" coaches that we keep them even though they are s**t. Big ******* deal.
I said it back then, any coach with balls who knows how to coach wouldnt be bothered with if he lasts because he knows his coaching will make it last. Here we were embracing imbeciles and saying thats ok man, you can * up all you like, we just want to not eat our own, even though you are s**t.
Give me a break...i have said it a million times, the coaches we sacked or showed the door were never ever chased by any other club, why? ..because they were s**t and no one wanted them.

and if he did that I can see him getting another head job.
webquest-soccer-red-card.jpg

I think we'll make the 8 so this is kind of beside the point but I actually now don't think Dimma is under any pressure to perform in 2013. He will, but the pressure people are implying I don't think is there. This is a pretty big change of opinion from where I was 12 months ago. Basically I think that if the club can't perform with the players we have, the club management, the facilities, the coaching staff, then a new head coach isn't going to change that. Stability is what we'll need, Dimma will be here in 2014 no matter what.

And the players that we need to get rid of, every club has those, they'll be gone eventually. I'm in a very happy place right now :)

Its Dimmas 4th off season trade/period and now we are well into the 4th pre-season. Dimma has has the luxury of 3 seasons to find his feet without the normal pressure applied to a coach.
The club and supporters have been patient and its a credit to the Richmond football club protecting the Football department from internal and external pressures that has dogged this club for 32 years.
They have been able to do this by communicatiing with the supporters and the media when anything that may have a negative impact on the "direction" the club is taking, y quickly explaining the clubs position. Some may call it "spin" but Hardwick has pretty much survived his first 3 seasons without so much of a scratch.

The practice laps are now over.... the training wheels are off... its time to show the football world that he can mix it with the best coaches in the AFL. His time is now.

There is no more time for "develpment" ..... "putting games into youngsters"...."structures" ...... "maintaining the course".... etc etc That "process" should now well and truly put in place. Do I sound impatient??? I'm not... like everyone I have giebn Dimma the time and space to learn his craft and set this club up for finals football.

We have been fed the fluffy stories...... now its time Dimma ..... RESULTS are now what you will be judged on.... and you will be judges harder than most before you because of the expectations that the club held back since you begain.

The cracks that you have shown in the past that were quickly covered up by the "development" slogan will appear greater than any other coach..... the pressure you have been denied in the past will come down heavily this season.

I am 100% confident that you have learnt the trade and have all the tools to steer us into finals. There will be ups and downs along the way.... Its the downs you will judged heabily on.

Good luck with your new Job Dimma .... Go tigers.
Isn't 4th year still classified an apprentice?

I disagree to an extent. Our BL is proven, no? Our midfield/ruck is proven no? Our FL is proven no? so where do you get your unproven players from? Man we had a trillion inside 50s last year and more often than not we frittered away our ascendency purely on the back of inaccurate kicking. THe number stack up for us all over the field and the only number that didnt stack up for us were the accuracy numbers..be it in killing a game before the big break, be it when we were putting the heat on when it was an arm wrestle, we kick straighter it will equate to 6 more wins, i am adamant of that. Now we can all go gaga suggesting our innacuracy was due to our non direct play and htting flanks...enter Vickery & Azzzzzzzzzzzaaaa!! in particular to straighten us up. JR couldnt do it on his own last year and we still had enough of a feed into the FL and shots for goal to win matches, had we kicked straight.
I dont profess to the idea that bad kicking is bad footy, well in our case, it was that bad in so many matches, i put it down to just one of those ******* years that nothing was happening for us..kicks bouncing left instead of going straight ahead, snaps just missing, you name it we had it. It will turn and that will be the huge difference to where we sit on the ladder.

this point was pointed out by luffy on sen when he talked about the tigers. he said we had a better inside 50 count on most games yet a very poor kick to mark inside 50 rate. need to tighten this up.

this point was pointed out by luffy on sen when he talked about the tigers. he said we had a better inside 50 count on most games yet a very poor kick to mark inside 50 rate. need to tighten this up.

Sounds like we can get it to the 50 and into the 50 but not effectively because a) the delivery isn't good enough, b) the forward line is not good enough or c) a combination of both.

Vindicates to me we have a fair way to improve our forward line though IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be very interested to see where you guys end up next year.

When firing on all cylinders you play a decent game of football that will see you make the eight.

Problem that both our teams have shown is inconsistency. Is that over for the Tiges? I think not for the time being. Your bottom six is still a bit weak but given a good injury run, 6th is possible just unlikely.

I will be honest I would love to see you finish ninth with a choke in the final round but as I have always stated a healthy RFC is good for the AFL.

Most of you maybe highly delusional but when your supporters are in full roar well its good to be at the football with you.

Went to the second game last year and although it was a heartbreaker from your side it was close to the perfect game for me ... got to hear the roar full force without the mega gloating afterwards ... thank Christ!

Good luck next year ... I think Carlton, with a normal run of injured should make the eight so here's some fingers crossed that we meet each other in the finals ... its just been too god damn long!

As for Hardwick ... I like him ... he is the first coach in a long time RFC has had that is not a BS artist of the highest order.

But 4 years is 4 years (by the end of next season) ... he has had his time ... unless you get a shocking run of injuries (which incidentally did not save Ratten) then he might be in trouble depending on where you finish.

Also it will depend what is out there as well. Carlton could not go past Malthouse ... if he was not available I think we would have kept Ratten.

Here's a question for you all .....

If Richmond finished 9th (on percentage) or 8th but got blown away first round of the finals and someone like Roos was available and interested would that be the end of him?

If Richmond finished 9th (on percentage) or 8th but got blown away first round of the finals and someone like Roos was available and interested would that be the end of him?

Of all the what-if variations, being blown away by a huge margin has the least amount of legs.
And actually i think the Tiges have been quite consistent. We don't get blown away by big margins. You guys often either win with a big margin, or lose by a big margin.

I will be honest I would love to see you finish ninth with a choke in the final round but as I have always stated a healthy RFC is good for the AFL.

Most of you maybe highly delusional but when your supporters are in full roar well its good to be at the football with you.

You're skating on very thin ice here sunshine. Be more respectful on other peoples boards.

Sounds like we can get it to the 50 and into the 50 but not effectively because a) the delivery isn't good enough, b) the forward line is not good enough or c) a combination of both.

Vindicates to me we have a fair way to improve our forward line though IMO

i think the loss of vickery hurt us badly but it still needs work.

Will be very interested to see where you guys end up next year.

When firing on all cylinders you play a decent game of football that will see you make the eight.

Problem that both our teams have shown is inconsistency. Is that over for the Tiges? I think not for the time being. Your bottom six is still a bit weak but given a good injury run, 6th is possible just unlikely.

Went to the second game last year and although it was a heartbreaker from your side it was close to the perfect game for me ... got to hear the roar full force without the mega gloating afterwards ... thank Christ!

Good luck next year ... I think Carlton, with a normal run of injured should make the eight so here's some fingers crossed that we meet each other in the finals ... its just been too god damn long!

As for Hardwick ... I like him ... he is the first coach in a long time RFC has had that is not a BS artist of the highest order.

But 4 years is 4 years (by the end of next season) ... he has had his time ... unless you get a shocking run of injuries (which incidentally did not save Ratten) then he might be in trouble depending on where you finish.

Also it will depend what is out there as well. Carlton could not go past Malthouse ... if he was not available I think we would have kept Ratten.

The only thing that maybe highly delusional is the suggestion that Dimma gets the chop next year. As for interest in Roos ? Simple answer NO. 3 years in I see Dimma's job at best only about half done, but I don't know of anyone who's done the same or better job in the time he's done in the last 10 or so years. At the current rate of improvement and work rate I'd like to see Dimma at the club for at least 6-8 yrs if the first 3 yrs is anything to go by.

The only thing that maybe highly delusional is the suggestion that Dimma gets the chop next year. As for interest in Roos ? Simple answer NO. 3 years in I see Dimma's job at best only about half done, but I don't know of anyone who's done the same or better job in the time he's done in the last 10 or so years. At the current rate of improvement and work rate I'd like to see Dimma at the club for at least 6-8 yrs if the first 3 yrs is anything to go by.

But was has he actually achieved? how has he "proved" himself???

I have seen some major stuff ups especially in the last 2 seasons.... in the scheme of things they are not a big deal but they did cost us a berth in the finals 2011 and 2012.

The major thing that Dimma hasn't proven is if he is a good match day coach..... a good coach doesnt lose so many close games as we did last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back