Adelaide
The good:
Petrenko's good form
Talia and Otten
Sloanes first half.
Tambling's second half

The bad:
our kicking into the forward line
Ricky Henderson's lack of second efforts - he falls to the ground and stays on the ground. His poor kicking for goal from 15m out.
Our switching of the ball in the thrid quarter when the opposition pressed up on our players and the ability to cope with this.
Our lack of ability to stop momentum, when it occurs.

The ugly:
Reilly - this guy makes key mistakes at key times and is nowhere near the player we thought he would be.
Moran - he is soft and lacks any form of intensity. He is not an AFL ruckmans ringpiece.

Good
Thompson, Sloane, Jacobs - carried the team, really good players.
Petrenko backed up his last game.
Talia - Great first few games. Not only is he a 19 year old hulk, he also has good skills and awareness.
Johncock's first quarter - Jesus Christ...

Bad
2/3 of the way through the season and we still have no discernible forward line structure.
David Mackay - Utterly useless game, should not escape criticism.

Ugly
Our two best rebounding defenders injured in the same night.
Game should have been over in the first half. At the same time you always knew it was going down to the wire... this club is so bloody predictable.
That muppet Kim Dillon on 5AA after the game: Give Neil another contract right now, just to end the discussion.

That muppet Kim Dillon on 5AA after the game: Give Neil another contract right now, just to end the discussion.

LOL did he really say that?

Regardless of whether or not you think he should coach next year or not, how does a media personality like Dillon not know Craig is not on a contract basis anymore?!

The Good
We played a proper forward line with no loose men in defence. Meant we didn't have a Hurn/Scarlett mopping up all our F50 entries. We actually gave ourselves a chance of winning as a result.

The Bad
Clearances. Still. Neil said after the game that we would experiment with Mackay in there, rather than on the wing :rolleyes:

The Ugly
The sense of inevitability about the result. Did anyone seriously think we were going to win at half time?

The Good

Stiffy, Thommo, Talia, Otten, Smith, Jaensch, Rutten, Sloane, Petrenko and Jacobs. These guys are the core. Throw Danger and Tippett in and this is the group that will lead our resurgence.

Our rebound from the backline in the first half.

Jaensch has sublime skills

Thompson's 3rd quarter was absolutely immense

I love Petrenko. Seriously is awesome in traffic.

The Bad

The capitualtion. Nuff said. Not acceptable.

Jacobs' taps going down the throat of Essendon's midfield. Was awesome tonight but far out that second half they roved his taps to perfection. Partly due to lack of class midfielders of our own and partly due to lack of communication.

My kingdom for a team that can STICK A TACKLE

If this game doesn't signal the winds of change in SOME capacity (cleanout of assistant coaches at the end of the year MINIMUM) then I may stab something.

The ugly

Brad Moran - His name is an anagram for 'Bad Man or' & 'Ran Mad Bro'. Coincidence? I think not.

If Moran is on our list next year I will dead set spit ****ing chips.

The least natural footballer on any AFL list atm hands down.

The Good
We played a proper forward line with no loose men in defence. Meant we didn't have a Hurn/Scarlett mopping up all our F50 entries. We actually gave ourselves a chance of winning as a result.

The Bad
Clearances. Still. Neil said after the game that we would experiment with Mackay in there, rather than on the wing :rolleyes:

The Ugly
The sense of inevitability about the result. Did anyone seriously think we were going to win at half time?

Not I sir, especially after Hendo had missed the sitter after the siren, and then absolutely confident a loss beckoned when no stiffy and jaensch.

Good
Thompson, Sloane, Jacobs - carried the team, really good players.
Petrenko backed up his last game.
Talia - Great first few games. Not only is he a 19 year old hulk, he also has good skills and awareness.
Johncock's first quarter - Jesus Christ...

Bad
2/3 of the way through the season and we still have no discernible forward line structure.
David Mackay - Utterly useless game, should not escape criticism.

Ugly
Our two best rebounding defenders injured in the same night.
Game should have been over in the first half. At the same time you always knew it was going down to the wire... this club is so bloody predictable.
HE IS A FREAKING JOKE. :thumbsdown: He makes listening to FiveAA before, during and after the game very difficult. He absolutely adores Craig, in his eyes he can do nothing wrong. He defends him EVERY SINGLE WEEK, EVERY WEEK!! Every negative comment about him, and he'll come up with some ridiculous excuse. He goes on about how Worsfold and how they didn’t sack him and look at the Eagles now. David Wilde always responds by saying that he won a premiership and another GF, whereas Craig has done neither, in 7 years. He just reels off garbage fact after garbage fact in an attempt to back Craig.

“Re-sign Craig now to end the discussion”. – Kim Dillon, worst quote of 2011. Says something as he is building quite a list!

I wanted to start a thread on him but this will do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At quarter time I wondered if the "Neil Craig Special" thread was being bumped in readiness.

Mr Smooth and I were watching after half time together and this thread kept getting mentioned right from the start of the second half.

The ugly: The coach sprinting up the race as fast as he could leaving his players to cop the fans abuse :thumbsdown: poor form Neil, great teamwork shown there. :thumbsu:

The good: priority pick still alive. Some of our youngsters showed some abilities which makes me somewhat hopeful.

The bad: Most everything after Henderson took the mark.

The ugly: 5 posters and horrible shots on goal, and the second half in general.

Having just finished watching the game here in Perth (didn't look up the result because I thought we might be a chance of winning) I'm not really in the mood for in depth analysis.

HE IS A FREAKING JOKE. :thumbsdown: He makes listening to FiveAA before, during and after the game very difficult. He absolutely adores Craig, in his eyes he can do nothing wrong. He defends him EVERY SINGLE WEEK, EVERY WEEK!! Every negative comment about him, and he'll come up with some ridiculous excuse. He goes on about how Worsfold and how they didn’t sack him and look at the Eagles now. David Wilde always responds by saying that he won a premiership and another GF, whereas Craig has done neither, in 7 years. He just reels off garbage fact after garbage fact in an attempt to back Craig.

“Re-sign Craig now to end the discussion”. – Kim Dillon, worst quote of 2011. Says something as he is building quite a list!

I wanted to start a thread on him but this will do.

He was unbearable to listen to in morning radio. His "special comments" are laughable. To call him a muppet is to insult the great Jim Henson; i prefer to think of him as a total w***er. Arseclown also comes to mind.

The Ugly
The sad thing is that the players feel the same way. We're losing games not because the team isn't capable of beating the opposition, but because they're mentally beaten before they start - they don't think that they'll win, even when they get themselves into a good position to do so.
negative comment about him, and he'll come up with some ridiculous excuse. He goes on about how Worsfold and how they didn’t sack him and look at the Eagles now. David Wilde always responds by saying that he won a premiership and another GF, whereas Craig has done neither, in 7 years. He just reels off garbage fact after garbage fact in an attempt to back Craig.
The thing is.. they're both right - and both wrong.

Worsfold has taken West Coast from wooden spooners to genuine finals contenders in just 12 months. However, the fact that Worsfold has done it is no indicator that Craig would be able to achieve the same result next year. Conversely, the fact that Worsfold has a premiership to his name and Craig does not is completely irrelevant in discussing the probability of Craig replicating Worsfold's turnaround.

The Good
Talia
Petrenko
Jacobs
Otten
Johncock and Jaensch before they were injured.
7 weeks left of this BS season.

The Bad
The bye

The Ugly
More injuries
Choking
Having so many many mentally weak players in the team who are talented.
Davey tunnelling one of our players.
Time keepers stuffing up not that it had an impact either way.
Umpiring for both teams.
Coaching
Goal kicking
Skill level while under pressure
Tippett needs help
Moran
Game plan
The crowd where were they during the losing streak?
Tippet missing shots on goal before Henderson.

Tambling's second half
Agree that he deserves a mention. Seems to be finding a niche doing the little things for the team. Not exactly what I though his role would be when he got here. Seems to have improved his tackling, one of the few people that does this with the intention of locking up the ball carrier rather than pussy bumping for the sake of it.

Moran should NEVER pull on an AFC gurnsey EVER again.

Once again I told eveyone when he was traded he was a spud...........howled down once again haha

Only managed to see second half but Bling fumbled a few easy marks putting himself under pressure. Didappointing amongst so much to be disappointed about

Who in our team wasn't fumbling in the 2nd half?
Yes, other than maybe Stiffy and Thomo (probably our 2 best players) most others have been consistently fumbly all year.

I thought it was ugly some of the new rules the umpires introduced Friday night that never seemed to make it to Saturday...Vince being tackled and with an arm pinned dropped the ball on his boot and cleared to an Adelaide player but got done for "throwing it away"....
I looked on the AFl site and can't find anything about this new rule.......:rolleyes:

I thought it was bad we again fell away in the last term, even though compared to the Collingwood game we didn't leak quite so much and this time we had an issue that would reflect why....

I thought it was good the style of play we had when everything was running smoothly, i though our midfields starting to gel as a unit better and quite skilled on the handball at stoppages, I liked our field kicking to break up there press and thought the brand of footy was exhilerating when it worked...

The indifference i thought was we lost, we conceed more in the last quarter than the first three, essendon think they did something, yet we are actualy moving forward....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back