The Official Week 17 'Lebron James hissy fit in 5...4...3...'

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe there's some that still have a heap of faith in them.

2014/2015: the Cavs started slow but that was mainly down to a new coach and chemistry issues stemming from LeBron's return and all the changes.

2015/2016: Kyrie was out for a bit and they had coaching issues. Looking back it was clear they were worried about being healthy for the finals.

2016/17: There's a tiny bit of drama again, but by now they've been to back to back finals and understand the need to stay fresh for June.

Kyrie, LeBron and Love was the constant thing that gave them the advantage in the East.

2017/18: Kyrie is gone, his replacement looks awful and possibly no longer the player he was, their role players are older, their coach cannot control the locker room and there's the threat of LeBron leaving. It's a completely different situation to the other seasons. There is no Kyrie to help LeBron out, they are even worse defensively and even if Thomas regains some of his offence, his defensive weakness is a horrible fit with the Cavs. They have no rim protector and no elite defenders. Anytime Thomas gets beaten on defence they are screwed.

I don't think I've ever seen a team play such bad defence in the regular season and then go on to make the finals. Where does the improvement come from defensively?

Boston and Toronto are better as well than previous years.

Add on that they won't have home court for playing both of them (most likely). The way they are playing they might not even have it in the first round.

I get that they should be priced better than their record based on their history of making the Finals, but to be paying $2, while Toronto and Boston are paying more than $3 seems wrong.

I reckon Minny could well finish third in the West, particularly if they can win a few road games.

Also O/T, but would there be any takers for Gallo if the Clips really do decide to re-set? Their whole roster is in a strange place if they really are rebuilding.

We could use a SF.... :D

You bet on teh Warriors IN Denver?

kek me ded
giphy.gif

We could use a SF.... :D

Faried, Arthur, Mudiay and a lottery protect first.

Only problem is Faried and (potentially) Arthur will still be under contract next season. And you'd be capped to high hell in 19/20.

I don't get what the Clippers are doing - why sign Gallo in the first place if you're going to tear down the foundations? Makes no sense.

Faried, Arthur, Mudiay and a lottery protect first.

Only problem is Faried and (potentially) Arthur will still be under contract next season. And you'd be capped to high hell in 19/20.

I don't get what the Clippers are doing - why sign Gallo in the first place if you're going to tear down the foundations? Makes no sense.

Yeah Clips would have to take on contracts they don't want just to make it work. I do miss the Rooster though.

13 games into IT's season and Celtics fans are still going on about how he won't be the same player he once was and his career is ruined blah blah. This is 13 games into his season after coming off a serious injury.

13 games into IT's season and Celtics fans are still going on about how he won't be the same player he once was and his career is ruined blah blah. This is 13 games into his season after coming off a serious injury.

There's no Brad Stevens to save him now

Nobody said that.

It’s incredibly concerning that after 13 games he still looks so awful.

He didn’t even have surgery so there is every possibility that the hip is going to be a constant problem.

Even if he finds some offensive touch, he’s still going to be ridiculously bad offensively.

Last edited:
Was reading a Boston site article when he did the injury, and I was genuinely surprised by the level of dislike for Smart among some Boston fans.

Maybe the Thunder can trade Jerami Grant for him or something. Westy and Smart in the same backcourt, my god the lulz.
Smart is an incredibly frustrating player.

His shot selection doesn’t match his shooting ability. Sometimes he looks like a stud offensively. Other times he looks like the league’s worst offensive player.

Defensively he’s fantastic. He can literally change a game with his ability. Can defend bigger opponents, constantly knows what the offence is doing and will make life real tough for his man.

The problem is that he’s allover the place offensively. This season he seems to be frustrating his teammates with some of his offensive decision making.

I think he also pisses off a number of Celtics fans because he represents what happens when you don’t commit to being good or bad. If we made more of an effort to be bad in 2014 we end up with Embiid instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there is some game of football on, so its early tips today.

How could you be so Harkless!

Was the Blake trade a win/win?
Who is the next domino to fall?
How long does Lue have?
Or is it a trade that blows the Cavs up?
Will the Clips go the full blow up?
Did the Pels awaken Emeka Okafor from a coma or did they confuse him with Jah?
Can i slot in a derogatory comment about Boston in here?

Nobody said that.

He didn’t even have surgery so there is every possibility that the hip is going to be a constant problem.

Even if he finds some offensive touch, he’s still going to be ridiculously bad offensively.

b94898abf8e0ca1a2a34188b1b3364d0ae905edc5a1497fac778450cdd9f1b78-e1389206373135.jpg

There's no Brad Stevens to save him now

Its amusing that Crowder, IT, Bradley have all left the C's and had massive downturns in play.

Whilst the sole Celtic who left and plays for a quality coach is closing games for them

Smart is an incredibly frustrating player.

His shot selection doesn’t match his shooting ability. Sometimes he looks like a stud offensively. Other times he looks like the league’s worst offensive player.

I think he's equal parts frustrating and hilarious to watch for we *cough* neutrals as well.

The line between avoiding passivity and devolving into irrational confidence can be a pretty fine one. Would actually feel a great deal of sympathy for him if he didn't act like such a pillock half the time. Was fascinated that Celtic fandom was having more or less the same debate.

I think he also pisses off a number of Celtics fans because he represents what happens when you don’t commit to being good or bad. If we made more of an effort to be bad in 2014 we end up with Embiid instead.

Interesting, never thought of it like that.

I will never understand how Jokic went 41st in that draft, the list of flotsam taken before him is eye-watering.

I think he's equal parts frustrating and hilarious to watch for we *cough* neutrals as well.

The line between avoiding passivity and devolving into irrational confidence can be a pretty fine one. Would actually feel a great deal of sympathy for him if he didn't act like such a pillock half the time. Was fascinated that Celtic fandom was having more or less the same debate.

Interesting, never thought of it like that.

I will never understand how Jokic went 41st in that draft, the list of flotsam taken before him is eye-watering.

Neutral lol

Nobody said that.

Look at the team he's playing in. Claiming he's not going to be the same player he once was is just you hoping, since you've said it more than once and no one else is saying it.

Yes he's not playing anywhere near his best but no one in that team is right now. Everyone is trash, even LeBron, so expecting him to come in anywhere near his best with the environment he's currently in is expecting way too much.

Weren't the Kop chanting cheat?

Something something moral high ground

The Kop say a lot of things, being Liverpudlians most of it unintelligible ;)

The only high ground worth taking is that place above another team on the table... like say Tottenham do to Liverpool every season. Isn't that right jod23 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back