Toast The Renaissance of Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that I am a big fan of the brownlow as its a mid fielders medal and umps ignore KPP's and rucks in their voting,
but given we are comparing two mids, voting by the coaches suggests brownlow voting could be
Boak 5 x 3 votes + 1 x 2 votes = 17 votes
Neale 6 x 3 votes + 2 x 2 votes = 22 votes

Boak faces Sydney, North, Essendon and Collingwood.

Neale faces Collingwood, Gold Coast, Sydney and Carlton.

Boak brownlow into port premiership.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trav is such a great leader of men, but Tom Jonas is doing a great job as captain too. Perhaps they could share the role in some sort of co-captaincy arrangement? What could go wrong?

The last picture from this week's Behind The Scenes gallery had this photo of what looked like Boaky's player locker given the Red Bull merchandise. I assume its not a set up, but looks like Boaky not only writes things down in a book, but makes a book of quotes. I assume there is some Teddy Roosevelt stuff on that page or the next one.

1598864110254.png

Last edited:
Wonder if Boak would still be captain if we never moved him from the midfield
He's talked about being able to concentrate on his own game has helped him.

Reckon losing all those close games when he was forced to do all that useless running at high half forward, meant he didn't have enough left in the tank in the last quarter to help get the team over the line, was mentally draining.

He's talked about being able to concentrate on his own game has helped him.

Reckon losing all those close games when he was forced to do all that useless running at high half forward, meant he didn't have enough left in the tank in the last quarter to help get the team over the line, was mentally draining.
I really can't wait for his book on that.

Boak is such a champion and would be a very deserved winner of the Brownlow. Likely that Neale will win it, but you never know. It would be nice if his team mates could lift a few gears and ghelp him achieve the ultimate reward in AFL, a premiership medallion. A great of the modern game is Port’s Travis Boak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Kornes said the following. Pity he didn't have the guts to say his mate was playing him in the wrong bloody position. From December 2017.

PORT Adelaide midfielder Ollie Wines could take over the captaincy from Travis Boak as soon as next season, according to club great Kane Cornes, who has questioned whether the skipper is still in Port's best 15 players.

Boak, who has led the Power for the past five seasons, will turn 30 next season and Cornes believes he has been pushed further down the talent order at the club after an aggressive off-season of trading.

The former tagger, who played 300 games for the Power before retiring at the end of 2015, believed Boak's position would be debated at length by the club over the pre-season as it plots an extended finals campaign in 2018.

"Is he still in the best 15 players at Port? I'm not sure that he is now," Cornes told SEN on Wednesday.
"You can't question his character and his work ethic … but he's certainly not in the starting midfield, he wasn't last year, he played a lot of footy across half-forward. "He's probably lost a little bit of that leg power, the penetration in his kick is probably not there, and as a forward he probably doesn't hit the scoreboard like he needs to. It's a big year for him."

Maybe he confused Boak with Sutcliffe. Ok that would involve time travel but let's be honest, that probably is more believable than Kane. ;)

"Is he still in the best 15 players at Port? I'm not sure that he is now," Cornes told SEN on Wednesday.
"You can't question his character and his work ethic … but he's certainly not in the starting midfield, he wasn't last year, he played a lot of footy across half-forward. "He's probably lost a little bit of that leg power, the penetration in his kick is probably not there, and as a forward he probably doesn't hit the scoreboard like he needs to. It's a big year for him."

talk about a freezing cold take

The beauty of Kane Cornes is that he appears just stupid enough to actually believe half the s**t he says, which makes everyone want to actually argue the point with him rather than just see him as a troll and ignore him.

Remember when Kornes said the following. Pity he didn't have the guts to say his mate was playing him in the wrong bloody position. From December 2017.

PORT Adelaide midfielder Ollie Wines could take over the captaincy from Travis Boak as soon as next season, according to club great Kane Cornes, who has questioned whether the skipper is still in Port's best 15 players.

Boak, who has led the Power for the past five seasons, will turn 30 next season and Cornes believes he has been pushed further down the talent order at the club after an aggressive off-season of trading.

The former tagger, who played 300 games for the Power before retiring at the end of 2015, believed Boak's position would be debated at length by the club over the pre-season as it plots an extended finals campaign in 2018.

Performance wise I’m not gonna sit here and act like he was one of our best that year. Obviously he’s made a huge turnaround and is currently one of the best in the league (which is almost unfathomable for someone to be doing that in their 14th season), but back in 2017 and 2018 there were plenty of calls for Boak to be dropped, so Kane wasn’t far off the pace here. Huge kudos to Boak for turning his career around, it’s admirable stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back