The ridiculous fake news about the history of the MCG pitch - the G is the best ground for results

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh I wasnt referring to the curator discussion. Your posts in this thread basically indicate that because a result occurred that the pitch must be ok which is rubbish and that people 'whine about 2017 and 2018' and rightfully so - thats what I was referring to. Perhaps take your own advice.

Players, officials and a large number of commentators have all said the pitch has been ordinary for sometime - regardless of results.

Well, if you'd read my posts you'd see I never claimed that 2017-2018 was good and therefore talking about the 'whining' in this context was just referring to the fact that the curartor was in charge of the pitches that got everyone riled up, which is the point of the thread.

And yes, results aren't the only measure of the quality of a pitch. But over time, they are the most important measure.

You could replace the MCG in the title with the Adelaide Oval and it would seem like a thread from a few years back. Everyone's forgotten about it because of the absurd pink ball, but AO was regularly criticised for being boring when it consistently produced a result.

The MCG is a worse version of AO, and has been a poor pitch since before the drop-ins came in (just ask Ian Chappell). But as long as it isn't producing the absolutely pathetic matches of a couple of years ago, it's fine. Not every pitch can be as wonderful as the WACA.

You could replace the MCG in the title with the Adelaide Oval and it would seem like a thread from a few years back. Everyone's forgotten about it because of the absurd pink ball, but AO was regularly criticised for being boring when it consistently produced a result.

The MCG is a worse version of AO, and has been a poor pitch since before the drop-ins came in (just ask Ian Chappell). But as long as it isn't producing the absolutely pathetic matches of a couple of years ago, it's fine. Not every pitch can be as wonderful as the WACA.

Lol, flattest pitch in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back