the Strikers

Remove this Banner Ad

Superb knock from Ussy.

Disastrous captaincy from Hodge - never want to see him in blue again
Agree, starting with Holland when we had a light total was silly. We needed to attack. Putland was a mistake too.

God I hate mark waugh on a mic. Arrogant prick.

To the cricket lovers or experts - does the Indian Cricket Board remove the Indian International players from the IPL midway through the tournament?

It's a terrible decision to remove players like Kane Richardson mid tournament.
IPL is generally out of international season so the guns can make huge money. India run cricket.

See, Strikers? The rain gods are displeased by your performance. One thing that irks me more than most things in sport is choking - and the Strikers have pulled off a grand choke two years in a row. Pull your head in - it's Port-like.
As I've said, Port and we have both choked and the Redbacks are famous for it. The 36ers were embarrassed in their last finals tilt too.

The netballers are about the only team with a decent finals record.

As I've said, Port and we have both choked and the Redbacks are famous for it. The 36ers were embarrassed in their last finals tilt too.

The netballers are about the only team with a decent finals record.
Adelaide United...

So, unless you actually win - you have choked?

Isn't choking, losing a game you are supposed to win? The Adelaide Strikers may have been the home side but the 2 sides were very even in talent and it was always a 50/50 game.

That isn't choking.

So, unless you actually win - you have choked?

Isn't choking, losing a game you are supposed to win? The Adelaide Strikers may have been the home side but the 2 sides were very even in talent and it was always a 50/50 game.

That isn't choking.
There's losing when top, and theres being thoroughly smashed when top. That's happened 2 years in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're claiming we're robbed because they made us play their best team we're struggling for excuses.
It's a little funny that Shaun Marsh will miss the Perth final for a dead rubber ODI that he may not even play, but Usman is released for BBL duties. Ussie should have played the first couple of ODIs when Warner was rested, he showed when he made an early BBL 100 that his limited overs form is just as good as his Test form. Mark Waugh also has a massive conflict of interest.

I think we've lost 4 games in 2 years. 2 of those are home finals by large margins.

If that's not choking then I must have no idea. If they wore black, white and teal we'd all be saying it.

It still would not make it true.

Choking is losing a game you are supposed to undisputedly win. The strikers were only 50/50 win loss.

I think we've lost 4 games in 2 years. 2 of those are home finals by large margins.

If that's not choking then I must have no idea. If they wore black, white and teal we'd all be saying it.
Footy is very different from T20 though. On paper, the Thunder's batting and bowling lineup was better than the Strikers, it had more quality. I actually think we were better off playing this away from home without that extra pressure.

The Thunder would have finished top 2 if Ussie played at least 2-3 more games for them. As it is, they still scraped into the top 4, gained him back for the final just as we lose our best pace bowler, and suddenly things change quickly.

The Thunder have the best keeper in Hartley. It allows them to plonk him low in the order and play a pure batsman at the top of the order.

Given that 4 of the 5 matches had crowds of 46000+ I am astounded that Adelaide Metro don't put on extra PT for Strikers games.

These games are bigger than some Port games now, it's about time Adelaide Metro responded accordingly.

Also, if the ACC want to know why the government is taking more and more power from them, they only have to look at their stupid decision to turn on the sprinklers at Elder Park after the game as people were leaving the game. How stupid can they get.

Terrible performance.

I thought we looked casual.at times. Some individuals batted well but overall it was poor.

We were captained very poorly tonight and the bowling was ordinary. I thought we looked slow in the field also.

As always we need to fix the obvious weak links in the team. No point complaining about Richo when all teams lose players.

I hope Dizzy stood up after the game and said it was unacceptable because if they are like most SA Crickets teams they will be half cut by now at a pub with the game a distance memory.

Given that 4 of the 5 matches had crowds of 46000+ I am astounded that Adelaide Metro don't put on extra PT for Strikers games.

These games are bigger than some Port games now, it's about time Adelaide Metro responded accordingly.

I was talking to someone the other day who was working in the city on the same evening as a Strikers' game. She was left stranded as the last bus for the evening was full of people heading home from the cricket by the time it reached her stop.

Hodge is a complete idiot. Fancy having 2 of the best bowlers in the comp wandering around the field while the game is being taken away.

By the time the game was gone they still both had 2 overs not bowled - Laughlin had 1 not bowled at all the finish.

Meantime Putland has 4 and Head 2. And who was responsible for selecting Putland - hadn't played all season and he opens in a final throwing pies.

F....g disgraceful and their ought to be some accountability for such stupidity.

2 top 2 finishes
2 home finals
2 beltings

If that's not rabid choking I don't know what is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back