Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff Compo plus Nelson. Realistically you get something this year or nothing next year. He has 3 very young noongar kids. Sorry Geelong but we all know how thats gonna end. They need family. WA Indigenous boys always return to WA clubs.

This was a silly move recruiting an indigenous fella out of WA with 3 very young children. Facts are Facts Stop talking garbage that he will still be in Geelong colours next season. Its just as bad as Neil Balme saying Dustin Martin was right to go. That decision just cost Richmonds back to back attempt. Now lets talk what gets this done.

Take the Gaff compo pick and trade for a ruckman. Preuss or Darcy whichever you want.

100 pages over something pretty simple. Kelly had a great first year and there nothing suggest he wont have another one next year considering it be his contract year. I would think he have a better output in 2019 to any first year player we get from a second round pick from west coast.

If he indeed have a another great year and wants to leave, West Coast will again offer us a 2 nd rounder again then I take it. A WC supporter will say take him from pre season draft, except fremantle probably have an earlier pick. And another one will say we have nothing to lose, we offer you 5th round pick or you get nothing and we let freo take him blah blah blah.

Fact is I am happy to keep kelly for next year to see if he can take his game further and if he still want to leave. I am happy to take a second rounder from west coast.

Atleast 4 of them will fail and be nobodies. Another 3 will take three years just to be standard afl players.

2013 (5 seasons of footy) & 2012 (6):

Boyd - GOP
Kelly - star
Billings - GOP
Bontempelli - star
K Kolodjashnij - GOP
Scharenberg - injured for years, showing star promise then injured again
Aish - GOP
McDonald - GOP
Salem - GOP
Freeman - gone

Whitfield - star
O'Rourke - soon to be gone
Plowman - GOP
Toumpas - gone
Stringer - was star, currently GOP, possible star again
Macrae - star
Wines - star
Mayes - GOP
Vlasutin - GOP/star
Daniher - star

Depending on the draft the hit/miss rate varies. 4 out of 10 gone within 10 years is a bit pessimistic. Two gone from 08, 3 from 07, 3 from 06. Even guys like Lachie Hansen who are gone had reasonable careers.

Plus I would rather give away dangerfield or mitch duncan then kelly. Kelly is dramatically undervalued. Strong likelihood he will finish next season as our clear best midfielder.

Problem is that neither Dangerfield or Duncan want to leave. Arguably Kelly doesn't, but he's the subject matter of speculation RE: his family. Duncan has his own silly thread too, so I guess Dangerfield wants to move to Perth also. * it, come on down Paddy. Get your mug all over Channel 7 Perth.

Trade week sucks dicks because whenever a player you don't want to lose says 'I would like to leave' you immediately expect to be unhappy with what you get in return. Hell in some parallel universe where Freo trade you pick 5 for Tim Kelly there are still going to be unhappy Geelong supporters if pick 5 doesn't turn into a star.

Gaff Compo plus Nelson. Realistically you get something this year or nothing next year. He has 3 very young noongar kids. Sorry Geelong but we all know how thats gonna end. They need family. WA Indigenous boys always return to WA clubs.

This was a silly move recruiting an indigenous fella out of WA with 3 very young children. Facts are Facts Stop talking garbage that he will still be in Geelong colours next season. Its just as bad as Neil Balme saying Dustin Martin was right to go. That decision just cost Richmonds back to back attempt. Now lets talk what gets this done.

Take the Gaff compo pick and trade for a ruckman. Preuss or Darcy whichever you want.

LOL... Yeah right...Haha. Facts are Facts Stop talking garbage... YOU couldn't of said it better. Listen to yourself for once, you are kinda hilarious.
I love this type of La La Land stuff so just you hand over ex Geelong Grammar boy Jarrod Brander, Dan Venables & Gaff Pick (18) and we'll give you Tim Kelly and our first round pick 11 which will get you Ian Hill or Jordan Clark and our 3rd round Pick 52. As for Jacko Nelson you can keep him.
If not, i'm pretty sure he'll play a significant part of our 2019 season and from there we'll just see what comes.
Cheers & Thanks for the laughs.

Lol thats ridiculous. Its going to be pick 10 as a minimum. Kelly is the best under 26 player at our club.
No it isnt a badge of honour. Although one of them was all australian this year and kelly is a better prospect then him. So its still worth top 10. Just not top 3 like most other teams best under 26.

West coast can always trade their first and their future first. Or on trade other picks they get from say trading gaff. Ofcourse there is no reason why has to go to west coast. There is freo or simply staying where he is as he is contracted.

I thought you were pulling the piss when you thought he was worth a top 10 pick but you're serious.

Lol's.

Pick in the late teens would get it done if he was homesick but who's to say he's going to leave in 2018.

LOL... Yeah right...Haha. Facts are Facts Stop talking garbage... YOU couldn't of said it better. Listen to yourself for once, you are kinda hilarious.
I love this type of La La Land stuff so just you hand over ex Geelong Grammar boy Jarrod Brander, Dan Venables & Gaff Pick (18) and we'll give you Tim Kelly and our first round pick 11 which will get you Ian Hill or Jordan Clark and our 3rd round Pick 52. As for Jacko Nelson you can keep him.
If not, i'm pretty sure he'll play a significant part of our 2019 season and from there we'll just see what comes.
Cheers & Thanks for the laughs.

Facts
1. Brander is a diehard Eagles fan.
2. Not one of those boys have 3 very young children and are indigenous.

Now offer a contract to Gaff and we match and Gaff for Kelly and a pick.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/w...er-fell-in-love-with-west-coast-ng-b88671437z

You think he is going to forgo a wage to go back to perth even though he has 3 kids to support? If so why did he even come to geelong?

Oh my goodness school holidays brings out all the year 9s posing as adults. What a pile of garbage.

He went to Geelong because you drafted him duh..Remember you snuck just in before we were going to draft him. Your fault not ours. Players are doing this more often now. They know they get a paid holiday out of it. Most young blokes would love going interstate of home for a couple years.

Forget Tim now. Start thinking about his young family growing up without all of their family. By that i mean not just Tims i mean their mums family too. This was a silly draft pick Geelong. The Go home factor is getting more and more and you picked the most difficult of difficult cases.

If he stays that 2nd year he comes home for free in 2020. First up drafted players dont enter free agency.. Rather simple choice Geelong.

Last edited:
Nic Nat and JK off contract next year..They will take big pay cuts. Nic is 30 in 2020. Hes only on 700k from Eagles and 300k from AFL as ambassador. JK is 33 in 2020.
Not to mention Lecras, Emac, Masten and Hurn, Jetta etc entering the end.

oh the the best fact last.

#TimKelly is an avid West Coast Supporter..

I thought Kelly was one of Geelongs better players this year and when it counted in the finals. He looked good. He should at the very least command a top 10 pick. At the very least. Draft picks are overrated. Tim Kelly had some year this year. I can't see Geelong trading him for anything less than a top 10 pick. Perhaps they might even ask for a bit more than that. They within their rights to. He was exceptional this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff compo plus swap our last 3rd round pick for your 2nd round pick?

Nic Nat and JK off contract next year..They will take big pay cuts. Nic is 30 in 2020. Hes only on 700k from Eagles and 300k from AFL as ambassador. JK is 33 in 2020.

Actually I think he was Carlton.

Obviously not, but why would they trade a know quantity in Kelly for an unknown quantity in Darcy?

25 year old mids are known, 20 year old rucks won't be completely known until much later.

You can grab a young ruck later in the draft.

Darcy has already shown last year he can do something that no ruck at the Cats can do. Carry the ruck by himself. I'd prefer to keep him anyway but I'm just loving how there's literally no reasonable trade possible from Geelong people.

He went to Geelong because you drafted him duh..Remember you snuck just in before we were going to draft him. Your fault not ours. Players are doing this more often now. They know they get a paid holiday out of it. Most young blokes would love going interstate of home for a couple years.

Forget Tim now. Start thinking about his young family growing up without all of their family. By that i mean not just Tims i mean their mums family too. This was a silly draft pick Geelong. The Go home factor is getting more and more and you picked the most difficult of difficult cases.

If he stays that 2nd year he comes home for free in 2020. First up drafted players dont enter free agency.. Rather simple choice Geelong.
LOL

I presume the Eagles will make a play on Cripps at some stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back