Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would take brander + first rounder this year.

You can keep waterman instead.

Otherwise the Gaff compo pick + next years first is fair value.

Steak knife sort of throw ins won’t have any value to us at all and will just serve to clog our list up such as late picks or fringe players.

No deal.

Brander alone is more than enough

We don't have a first round pick this year. We have an early second round and potentially a late first round FA compo pick.

We're not trading two first round picks for Kelly. That's silly.

Then don't bother trading for him this year then but when Geelong will likely get a 15-20 pick for him at worst next year they won't trade him for that same pick this year. That would be dumb.

Because it’s been posted many times before and generally agreed by most realists that Kelly and his wife would rather be in Perth. We’d rather move forward with this discussion.

I've only read innuendo and opinion, I can't find anything online. If links and other actual evidence beyond a posters thoughts has been provided previously, then surely it's not that hard to post them again. Otherwise you are talking out of a hole in your arse and I would suggest that you're being more of an speculative optimist than a realist...

Steak knife sort of throw ins won’t have any value to us at all and will just serve to clog our list up such as late picks or fringe players.

Kelly isnt Chris Judd and Eagles arent Caaaarlton.

No deal.

Brander alone would be enough........but Id say no to that as well.

As for talk of Kelly's worth being a second rounder, I suggest people are being a bit silly there too.

His value has hardly gone down after being drafted at 24 a year ago. The man is in contract and has shown that he is at the minimum a genuinely good AFL contributor, an optimist would suggest his ceiling is much higher given his output after one season in a professional environment.

The whole idea of draft picks is to get good players. Geelong were able to do that with pick 24 and are supposed to give him back for a similar or lesser amount? The only reason this would eventuate is if he indeed is traded on compassionate ground by a club that has proven itself to be professional and empathetic to players and/or clubs at the trade table. If there is no serious issue with Kelly's personal life, WCE and Freo posters are simply dreaming thinking his value is a 2nd round pick.

Kelly isnt Chris Judd and Eagles arent Caaaarlton.

No deal.

Brander alone would be enough........but Id say no to that as well.

That isn’t anything similar to Judd trade. Brander isn’t pick 3 and your first pick isn’t a top 5. It would look something like gaff pick and brander or gaff pick + next years first pick.

You need him to compete for a flag given you add loosing gaff, and you need him for next season

You got the no deal bit right not the rest.

Pick 13 alone this year would be enough.
Brander alone isn’t enough for us. Kelly is a proven top tier mid, brander is an unknown first year product who didn’t play a game.

He played a game.

Pick 13 this year would be enough.

Brander was the highest rated kp forward last year in the draft.

Hence why he wouldnt be traded and if he was would het the deal done.

Especially with most of this years top line kp talent gone by the Cats first pick.

That isn’t anything similar to Judd trade. Brander isn’t pick 3 and your first pick isn’t a top 5. It would look something like gaff pick and brander or gaff pick + next years first pick.

You need him to compete for a flag given you add loosing gaff, and you need him for next season

So now Kelly is the missing piece of the Eagles flag team?

Since Gaff has been out of the side Sheed has averaged 27.5 touches. First final at 85% efficency and a very classy goal.

We have Petruccelle and also Watson who could play wing next season plus who we draft this season.

Bolton just won his 2nd Sandover and at 26 yrs old is a plug and play wing / mid.

So no needed to sell the farm for Kelly.

We can wait 12 months.

Since Gaff has been out of the side Sheed has averaged 27.5 touches. First final at 85% efficency and a very classy goal.

We have Petruccelle and also Watson who could play wing next season plus who we draft this season.

Bolton just won his 2nd Sandover and at 26 yrs old is a plug and play wing / mid.

We can wait 12 months.
Then do it!!!!!!!! Draft whatever player you want play whoever you want on your list. We get it you and your mate Scotland reckon he’s Maybe just worth a pick in the low 20s and isn’t as good as blokes running around in the WAFL.

See you next season but stop lecturing us on list management

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggest the Geelong supporters have been consuming too much of their home made preserves and pickles and need to step back.

Tim Kelly has had a great season. The Kelly pick proves that Stephen Wells is probably the best recruiter in the land. On pure lock and load, Kelly is worth a late first rounder or an early second rounder. Views will differ but what is different is that his football ability is in question. The drag home is massive and an unhappy Kelly will be a major disappointment in 2019 so his value in my mind is probably at the highest.

There was always an issue with Kelly and his family if drafted by a non-Perth club. The issue is there now and the issue is likely to be even greater in 12 months time. I was an expatriate from Perth for 22 years and and this was split about 10 years in Melbourne and the rest internationally. The general consensus is that the partner copes well for the first 12 months of moving and the real crunch comes in the second year. The company I was with had done considerable research into this and I had copies of the report. 2019 will most likely see the Kelly household under pressure and Tim will not enjoy the pressure to go home. This will most likely impact his on field performance.

The good news is that if Kelly's partner lasts for the third year, statistically there is a very good change she'll stay 5 to 8 years. The second year blues in a move is the toughest and has sent a number of relationships into melt down.

The good player agents have stated that they want their players to extend past the first 2 years because they are aware of the second year blues.

And the report that I saw also included some additional pressure when there was a close knot family and some cultures have even more trouble. The indigenous community that Kelly's partner is from is even more tight knitted.

He played a game.

Especially with most of this years top line kp talent gone by the Cats first pick.

Cats first pick was R2. There usually isn't much top end players at that pick... Kelly is proven to be able to handle AFL footy. Brander is a maybe, but could end up being a dud... Just because WCE picked himbup early means jack squat.

Fair value is next years first rounder. As I have said previously it’s not WC problem that you guys burn first rounders and don’t rate them.

He has had 1 year of good performance and is 24/25 and off field problems. That’s discount discount discount.

As for brander - We would rather burn in hell than let him go.

I've only read innuendo and opinion, I can't find anything online. If links and other actual evidence beyond a posters thoughts has been provided previously, then surely it's not that hard to post them again. Otherwise you are talking out of a hole in your arse and I would suggest that you're being more of an speculative optimist than a realist...
Well lets just shut down Bigfooty then. Have you had a read of any other trade forum? It's all the same. The Tim Kelly and Cailtlin Miller homesickness stories are as loud as it can get without saying "we want to come home". If you want to ignore that then good luck to you.

We can wait 12 months.

We both know Sheed isn’t gaff nor is he going to fill the hole or be enough to bolster you into a premiership side. Kelly will go a lot further to filling the gap and helping you compete for a flag. You are in a window and need to bring in talent. You are in no position to ignore that and wait another 12 months.

West coast need kelly more than Geelong needs him, given we probably won’t be competing for a while.

Fair value is next years first rounder. As I have said previously it’s not WC problem that you guys burn first rounders and don’t rate them.

He has had 1 year of good performance and is 24/25 and off field problems. That’s discount discount discount.

As for brander - We would rather burn in hell than let him go.

Well than why would Geelong bother to trade him this year? There are plenty of examples of players now being forced to see out their contracts.

West coast are going to finish top four and either a prelim or grand final in a premiership window, and your going to allow your off season to be losing gaff and bringing nothing in??

Seriously stupid. You are not in a position to loose elite talent, you need to bring established talent in. To not pay a price and bite the bullett when your flag window is open is just crazy.

He played a game.

Geelong is not trading Kelly for pick 13 this year nor are they swapping Brander for him. Im a Brander fan but that's not a deal that would fly.

I suggest the Geelong supporters have been consuming too much of their home made preserves and pickles and need to step back.

Tim Kelly has had a great season. The Kelly pick proves that Stephen Wells is probably the best recruiter in the land. On pure lock and load, Kelly is worth a late first rounder or an early second rounder. Views will differ but what is different is that his football ability is in question. The drag home is massive and an unhappy Kelly will be a major disappointment in 2019 so his value in my mind is probably at the highest.

There was always an issue with Kelly and his family if drafted by a non-Perth club. The issue is there now and the issue is likely to be even greater in 12 months time. I was an expatriate from Perth for 22 years and and this was split about 10 years in Melbourne and the rest internationally. The general consensus is that the partner copes well for the first 12 months of moving and the real crunch comes in the second year. The company I was with had done considerable research into this and I had copies of the report. 2019 will most likely see the Kelly household under pressure and Tim will not enjoy the pressure to go home. This will most likely impact his on field performance.

The good news is that if Kelly's partner lasts for the third year, statistically there is a very good change she'll stay 5 to 8 years. The second year blues in a move is the toughest and has sent a number of relationships into melt down.

The good player agents have stated that they want their players to extend past the first 2 years because they are aware of the second year blues.

And the report that I saw also included some additional pressure when there was a close knot family and some cultures have even more trouble. The indigenous community that Kelly's partner is from is even more tight knitted.
So what deal you think his worth?

All of those issues are relevant to Kelly in making his decision but they have no bearing on the trade price (which you guys dont seem to get).

The relevant points are is he peforming to a high level? Yes
Is WCE's first pick going to be 17ish? Yes
Does that pick have as much value to Geelong as normal this year because of FS bidding? No
At his performance level is he likely to get a R1 in a trade next year while OOC? Probably
Is there a real chance WCE have an earlier R1 next year? (Ie finish lower on the ladder) Probably.

Giving all that can you give me one reason as to why Geelong would trade Kelly for a pick in the teens? There isn't one, WCE supporters just don't engage with this point. If you could accept this we could toss out 95 % of the posts in this thread that have no chance of happening and discuss the 5% that are realistic.

Maybe you arent across whats said in the WA press - are you? No I'm not going to google it for you as you dont appear to be across it.
WA press? Lol

I'm after direct quotes from Tim himself not the rubbish posted in here of late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back