Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Bailey Scott factor is the fly in the ointment.

Surely the Cats would know before trade week if Scott was going to nominate them.
Yeah, they'd have to know. Think he's meeting with North and Geelong next week.

He seems legitimately still undecided.

Just make him play another year at Geelong

He'll see another exciting year at Freo and nominate the Eagles next year

Let's ignore Geelong's CEO when he says Kelly won't be traded and throw around garbage claims of a deal getting done for pick 20-25.

For Geelong to trade him this year it'll need a pick in the first dozen or he stays which is what Cook was virtually saying.

So let's all hold hands and swing around in a circle.

Maintain the rage, maintain the rage.

Ignore the trade that Snuffaluphagus just said that values Kelly at pick 11 and gives you a high pick as well.

This thread is so entertaining. As others have already posted, the thread just keeps on giving.

Let's recap the last 90 plus pages.

Kelly gets drafted at pick 24. How?

West Coast could not resist the Larke Medalist at pick 21 so grab Oscar Allen believing they could let Kelly slip until their next pick at 26 as Carlton were the other club really interested in Kelly.

Bang - Wells is up to his normal brilliance in picking talent and swoops in at pick 24. Problem for Geelong is that it was well known Kelly was likely to have issues leaving Perth and they hoped they could back in their system and pray that the holy trinity would deliver the holy spirit for the rest of the group and take them to the top.

Kelly goes to Corio Bay and leaved his family in Perth to start pre-season and commence his professional new career.

Family eventually move and Kelly flourishing in a full time programme.

Kelly starts for the Cats and is the recruit of the year. Immediate impact and well and truly looks good as the 4th or 5th best midfielder at the Cattery.

Consistent performances are pumped out by Kelly and talk of a contract extension get confused with the previously little known Caitlin Miller.

Social media posts, phone calls to family, general unrest at the home front and the season sees great form but no signature.

Corio Bay starting to get the nervous twitches and people are reminded of the many visits from Detroit by head office to the Ford factory. "What is happening behind closed doors" - the masses are starting to think uncertainty.

Kelly's agent contact Fremantle and West Coast to see if there is interest as he is doing the right thing to get his client back home.

Kelly rightfully states that Ross Lyon is a cancerous tumor and that he would rather stay in Corio Bay. It is the Blue and Gold he wants despite being a South Fremantle player.

Now we are enjoying the multiple posts from our friendly pussy friends and seeing some of the reason Ford were forced to close their plant in Geelong. Simply put - they have a Ford Falcon and are bench-marking it in sales value to a Porsche. A player with 3 young kids and a wife who wants to go home. They have been through their first winter and they now realise how cold it gets in July. Does Kelly want another winter of discontent? Not really but if a deal cannot be done, he will not be extending his contract and might have to face Caitlin moving back at the beginning of the season and he has to FIFO a life seeing family when he can in 2019.

Thank goodness Trevor Nisbett appointed Brady Rawlings to the List Manager role. Vozzo is a lawyer who was known to pay overs. Rawlings was brought up as a Shinboner meaning he was always looking to see if his pay cheque had cleared the bank. I expect there will be a deal done if Gaffe leaves. The 2 clubs are known to just get the deals done and not play silly buggers.

Meanwhile, we have another 4 weeks to go to see what transpires and to be entertained by our astute friendly pussy friends from the south east.

i cant see us possibly doing that. There is no way Kelly is worth a downgrade from 6 to 30+

If your guys want a King (and its looking very likely one will be available at 6), there is no way pick 11 doesnt get involved personally

I can only speak for myself and what other supporters have said on my board but I doubt max king will be available and nobody really seems all as keen on Ben king on our board and neither am I personally.

The difference between what we will get with pick 5/6 and pick 11 is not going to be that vast, we essentially are not gaining a lot at all from that deal. If it was picks 3-5 I would say it’s a lot different discussion as it’s probably a talking point of lukosius,bailey smith, Rankine,max king or Sam Walsh. With pick 6 we probably miss out on all of those as it is looking highly likely that is the set top 5 which I consider above the rest in line. We would have to sit and hope one slides which isn’t ideal.

Given gold coasts compensation it will land at pick 6 almost which is a given right now as we know they will get heavily compensated for lynch.

That’s just my own opinion of cause, but I see a big difference between having pick 3-5 and pick 6 this year as the top 5 are almost a lock from where I see it and the difference between the two standout key forwards and the 3 elite mids.

If you want to hand us pick 4 from the Lachie Neale trade and do the swap of kelly and pick 11, I would take that. But not pick 5/6.

Ignore the trade that Snuffaluphagus just said that values Kelly at pick 11 and gives you a high pick as well.
I can only speak for myself and what other supporters have said on my board but I doubt max king will be available and nobody really seems all as keen on Ben king on our board and neither am I personally.

The difference between what we will get with pick 5/6 and pick 11 is not going to be that vast, we essentially are not gaining a lot at all from that deal. If it was picks 3-5 I would say it’s a lot different discussion as it’s probably a talking point of lukosius,bailey smith, Rankine,max king or Sam Walsh. With pick 6 we probably miss out on all of those as it is looking highly likely that is the set top 5 which I consider above the rest in line. We would have to sit and hope one slides which isn’t ideal.

Given gold coasts compensation it will land at pick 6 almost which is a given right now as we know they will get heavily compensated for lynch.

That’s just my own opinion of cause, but I see a big difference between having pick 3-5 and pick 6 this year as the top 5 are almost a lock from where I see it and the difference between the two standout key forwards and the 3 elite mids.

If you want to hand us pick 4 from the Lachie Neale trade and do the swap of kelly and pick 11, I would take that. But not pick 5/6.
Interesting that you find the pick difference the breaking point. I personally think GC are going to take Luko and Rozee (who has just about made it a Fab 8 over Fab 7) as rumored since it makes sense on a lot of levels but I can understand that pick 5 gives a lot more options than pick 6 with this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont mind all the discussions,
Interesting that you find the pick difference the breaking point. I personally think GC are going to take Luko and Rozee (who has just about made it a Fab 8 over Fab 7) as rumored since it makes sense on a lot of levels but I can understand that pick 5 gives a lot more options than pick 6 with this draft.

Why are you posting about maintain the rage? There is no rage, I am just bringing in discussions and proposals into the thread as it’s boring as bat s**t without it.

Only going off my own information of the draft which I will admit I am not an expert off the bat, but I do love the look of the names I mentioned ( lukosious, smith, max king, Rankine, Walsh ). Pick 4 will enable us to get one of them guaranteed.

I would take pick 4 and give you pick 11 +kelly and call it a deal.

You end up keeping pick 6 and also receiving kelly.

So essentially all your giving up is

Lachie Neale and receiving kelly + pick 11

Not a bad deal really

I dont mind all the discussions,

Why are you posting about maintain the rage? There is no rage, I am just bringing in discussions and proposals into the thread as it’s boring as bat s**t without it.

Only going off my own information of the draft which I will admit I am not an expert off the bat, but I do love the look of the names I mentioned ( lukosious, smith, max king, Rankine, Walsh ). Pick 4 will enable us to get one of them guaranteed.

I would take pick 4 and give you pick 11 +kelly and call it a deal.

You end up keeping pick 6 and also receiving kelly.

So essentially all your giving up is

Lachie Neale and receiving kelly + pick 11

Not a bad deal really
I'm going to assume you didnt see who posted each of the those quotes...

But I would definitely do pick 4 (5) for Kelly & 11 (12)

We had a player who finished in the top 5 of the rising star voting (Freo had none in the top 10)... so there's that.

Have finished above you 11 times out of 12 years, have blooded 15 debutants in the past 2 seasons, and just beat you by 133 points about a month ago.

Since 2010, you have had 8 first round draft picks that haven't received a single vote in the rising star voting as well. I'd be worrying less about Geelong and more about what is happening at Freo, such as your ongoing hunt for someone over 190cm that can kick more than 30 goals perhaps?

I really don’t give a stuff about what happens to Freo mate. I’m an Eagle.

This thread is so entertaining. As others have already posted, the thread just keeps on giving.

Let's recap the last 90 plus pages.

Kelly gets drafted at pick 24. How?

West Coast could not resist the Larke Medalist at pick 21 so grab Oscar Allen believing they could let Kelly slip until their next pick at 26 as Carlton were the other club really interested in Kelly.

Bang - Wells is up to his normal brilliance in picking talent and swoops in at pick 24. Problem for Geelong is that it was well known Kelly was likely to have issues leaving Perth and they hoped they could back in their system and pray that the holy trinity would deliver the holy spirit for the rest of the group and take them to the top.

I was going to read this, I do enjoy a good recap.
I just got the feeling it wasn't going to be a fair and balanced "90 page recap" after the bolded.

Can anybody recap the recap?
Preferably with a hugely over the top Geelong bias.

Thanks,
Ricky

I was going to read this, I do enjoy a good recap.
I just got the feeling it wasn't going to be a fair and balanced "90 page recap" after the bolded.

Can anybody recap the recap?
Preferably with a hugely over the top Geelong bias.

Thanks,
Ricky

I think geelong_crazy26 is the man for the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back