Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

You said your not offering two picks in the 20’s?? No way you said. Not a chance. Not a converted first round pick. So it’s one chance and a long long chance to find somebody better. Stuff better even remotely ball park. I’m not a list manager but you do understand facts don’t you. That’s the ave. Of full time AFL recruitment teams. Like the ones that work at the great WCE

Digressing but you appear to highly regard your list, is Tim in the top 3 or 5 - lets see Dangerwood (2), Hawk, Tom Stewart, Gaz, Blicz .... & Cooky is looking to give the place a good working over.
The days of shortchanging clubs are as far gone as overs.

Last edited:
Personally, losing Neale for a 1 pick upgrade (in the top 6 where it makes more of a diff), Kelly and 11 (I. Hill) seems fair to me and both Geelong, Brissy and Freo would walk away happy.

A lot of Freo posters would rather stay in the top 7 given this years draft and not worry about Kelly. Seems ridiculous to me given he's a great age bracket and proven performer

For starters we'd want pick 4 you get for Neale not 5 so you cant pick ahead of us. Its the sort of trade that would be easier to be done live on draft night (if you could trade players) as Geelong would probably do that if theres a King still there but we dont need mids so that pick upgrade becomes pretty useless to us if GC pick both Kings. I doubt Geelong would do the trade without being sure who the first 3 picks will be. But it's better than most of the suggestions ive seen on here.

Interesting that you find the pick difference the breaking point. I personally think GC are going to take Luko and Rozee (who has just about made it a Fab 8 over Fab 7) as rumored since it makes sense on a lot of levels but I can understand that pick 5 gives a lot more options than pick 6 with this draft.

I think given our bad record with very injury prone players we will want the fit King not the injured one we would be worried that if you are 1 pick ahead (given you need a good tall forward) you will pick the fit King and leave us the other one which is why it would be the sticking point.

The number of you that think you know what's inside his wife's head. It's a bit disturbing.
My sister saw them both today at a play centre and said they both looked quite happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Sam Mitchell smiling the other day, & he's coming home .... :eek:
It's actually quite sad that you blokes are praying that she's in a miserable spot. It probably sums you blokes up. And if I was offering some advice to your parents I'd suggest they monitor the websites you're browsing. I say that because a few of you are coming across as being young and living at home.

We'll leave it there.

For starters we'd want pick 4 you get for Neale not 5 so you cant pick ahead of us. Its the sort of trade that would be easier to be done live on draft night (if you could trade players) as Geelong would probably do that if theres a King still there but we dont need mids so that pick upgrade becomes pretty useless to us if GC pick both Kings. I doubt Geelong would do the trade without being sure who the first 3 picks will be. But it's better than most of the suggestions ive seen on here.

Guess this is where differing opinions come into it based off the draft.

Remember having a chat with knightmare and he thinks max king wouldn’t be available by pick 6, and that Ben king is a more natural defender. And would we take a natural key defender over an elite midfielder like Rankine or smith?? I hope we wouldn’t. I am happy to use it on lukosius or max king but I am not overly keen on picking up Ben.

Pick 4 is a lot more likely to nab us max king, would we really be interested in Ben king over max?? Which is a likelihood to be the difference between pick 4 and pick 5.

Sorry, pick 77 or gagf

He would be a great get for you guys.
The Geelong board all year has been nothing but absolute praise for him.
Against Richmond he was our best player the second time we played at the MCG and really racked it up. His a big time player.

The comeback game we had against bulldogs in the last quarter were we lost with a shot after the siren Taylor missed, kelly racked up 14 disposals that last quarter in the resurgence.

You won’t be disappointed if you nab him.

I think he's worth a mid 1st rounder for what it's worth. If he could improve his kicking (very up and under kicker) he'd be a much better player. His kicking skills (and maybe not just being ready to be a pro athlete at 18) are the reason why he's spent half a dozen years in the WAFL.

I was also responding to an arrogant cats poster who blurted out that Kelly has already gone past O'Meara. This is clearly a load of crap.
If you had seen all of his (Kelly) games this year, he was so good at pin pointing a kick to whoever was leading.

For me, that is a very good trait; if he missed his targets later in the season, understandable to some degree for a 1st year player & maybe a wake call on the player that was receiving at the time.

Eagles first this year would likely be lost to academy bidding wouldn't it? So really no value to the Cats.

That's why next years first plus a fringe player this year is more logical.

A bit left field but what about Jake Waterman?

I will get bashed for suggesting a club legends son gets traded but we seem to have a surplus of 190 cm third tall forwards and Hawkins and the Cats need more taller goal scoring options.

Played well this year, got a rising star nomination but ran out of petrol together with Kennedy and Darling coming back from injury.

Certainly not a dud and something the Cats need.
I've seen both Venables & Waterman offered in this thread, I liked both these guys in their draft year but then again, I think long term.

Neither got taken there but did get picked up a bit further along and both have shown promise but.. Does Geelong need either of them.?

It's actually quite sad that you blokes are praying that she's in a miserable spot. It probably sums you blokes up. And if I was offering some advice to your parents I'd suggest they monitor the websites you're browsing. I say that because a few of you are coming across as being young and living at home.

We'll leave it there.
Yeah man we arrogant West Coast supporters love to see others struggle. It's part of our culture. Nakia, you're the one asking for proof of them wanting to go home and when we provide it you just melt like an icecream sandwich in the hot Perth sun.

Yeah man we arrogant West Coast supporters love to see others struggle. It's part of our culture. Nakia, you're the one asking for proof of them wanting to go home and when we provide it you just melt like an icecream sandwich in the hot Perth sun.
Nobody has provided any proof, child.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back