Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

First 3 picks is massive massive overs.

But on face value we appear set for the next year or two anyway Eagles nay not value those picks as highly as others.

Trading 3 picks for a player who'll be immediately in the best 22 (and make a strong positive impact to our best 22) is probably still worth the 3 picks in my opinion.

There is a big swell of our A-graders around the 27-28yr old mark (Gaff/Darkling/Cripps/McGovern/Vardy/Hutchings/Sheppard/Hickey/Redden). Shuey/NicNat are 29.

So this is probably the last year I would be ok with selling our of the draft for 1 player.

If there's any hint of Gaff going though I'd rather hit the draft tbh.

They are mid range picks 14 22 and 32 you are really overvaluing their value. Kelly is a known quantity and the draft is a lottery.

The logic is last years draft was stronger in the top 15 than this years draft.

That has been reported by several papers and discussed on here already.

Feeling is pick 9 this year wont land you the quality of pick 13 last year. After pick 2/3 this year the quality is even and deeper. Hence why four clubs this year have already stated they would be prepared to trade their top 10 picks. Melbourne, Crows, Blues and Saints. These clubs are chasing multiple targets and obviously do not value those top picks as highly as clubs did last year. Last year noone wanted to trade out of the top 10.

But if you are a club auctioning pick 9 you would get way better offers than 22 and 32 so why would you trade it for that?

They are mid range picks 14 22 and 32 you are really overvaluing their value. Kelly is a known quantity and the draft is a lottery.

Agree which is why I said this the last year Id be ok with it.

But the argument of overvaluing picks is redundant when a club has to think long term. Just look at Freo in their first 10 years for selling out of every draft to get 'known quantities'.

Yes drafts are lotteries,
But I can almost guarantee you that pick 14, 22 and 32 this draft will combined play more AFL games than Kelly will. That has to be factored in too. Fyi last years draft they were: Hately, OHalloran, Valente. Would those 3 be worth Kelly? I would have thought so.

But in reality, our age profile is getting up there so we've got maybe one more year max to sell the farm and keep the window well and truely perched open for another 1-2years before we'll decline badly if we continue selling the farm (ie we dont get some young blood coming through).

Which is also why I dont want us to trade next years future picks under any circumstance.

The inability from West Coast to secure this deal last off season has officially come back to bite. Eliminated by a Tim Kelly led Geelong would be the last thing the big wigs at the Eagles would have hoped happen. All face has been lost.
But you're going to be eliminated next week with a Tim Kelly led Geelong, so it's a moot point. I don't think management will be too fussed, the talent was there to win.

Back on topic, I doubt WC can outbid Freo. At this point it's up to Tim, or WC being able to find a pick swap.

But you're going to be eliminated next week with a Tim Kelly led Geelong, so it's a moot point. I don't think management will be too fussed, the talent was there to win.

Back on topic, I doubt WC can outbid Freo. At this point it's up to Tim, or WC being able to find a pick swap.
A future first round pick could have been the difference between back to back and a limp semi final exit. Rawlings has already moved on, but those that remain will have to assess what went wrong last trade period.

A future first round pick could have been the difference between back to back and a limp semi final exit. Rawlings has already moved on, but those that remain will have to assess what went wrong last trade period.
Geelong didn't want a future first rounder, they wanted a top ten pick. Wells is a liar anyway, he gave the game away when he said they don't want to make WC stronger. Weren't going to trade him regardless.

Rawlings helped WC win a flag and the team he consolidated will still be there next season.

I realise you're just trolling but we actually did really well in the draft last year from the picks we had. Quit trying to bait.

Geelong didn't want a future first rounder, they wanted a top ten pick. Wells is a liar anyway, he gave the game away when he said they don't want to make WC stronger. Weren't going to trade him regardless.

Rawlings helped WC win a flag and the team he consolidated will still be there next season.
A year older

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I realise you're just trolling but we actually did really well in the draft last year from the picks we had. Quit trying to bait.
It's not trolling at all. Trying to haggle until your blue in the face is all well and good, but as we saw last night having a quality player trumps the difference between a 2020 future first and future second. Eagles were always going to be among it again this year, refusing to hand over the future first seemed a silly decision at the time, and even more foolish now. You just wonder if the lesson learned will make them easier to deal with this off-season.

Eventhough he actually does have family support in Geelong.

You have zero logical arguments thats kinda the point. PIck 22 and 32 is not getting you in the vicinity of PIck 9 and thats proven by whats happened in every trade period ever. Im not throwing insults around at all. You interpret pointing out how your posts are absurd as being an insult because you cant argue your way out of a wet paper bag, while throwing insults at anyone who points out the massive logic flaws in what you write. If you dont want debate why bother posting anything? That's not a personal insult its a basic observation based. By the way Im not sure how you can say teams want to trade out of the top ten. In a shallow draft the opposite of what you say is always true (teams want to trade up). No team shows their hand to the media before trade week and they havent even had the Draft Combine. THere's a heap of things for clubs to go throw before they even form their final view of the quality of the draft. Every year there is also always players who rise dramatically after the afl draft combine and after teams do their final assessments of players. Logue, Brayshaw and Tarranto are some of the players who rose dramatically in rankings in the weeks before the draft in recent years

You're using rumour and innuendo as facts and they are not. Unless the actual quotes that teams want to trade out for much later picks have been confirmed by direct quotes from clubs, then all you are doing is quoting hyperbole from the media.Speculation articles (like the one you originally quoted) or on-line draft opinions mean next to nothing in reality.

Speaking of reality versus fiction. Tim Kelly's finish to the year continues to be outstanding. After tonight he would have been in Geelongs' best four players in at least five of the last seven games. Kicks left and right foot. Wins the 1oth amount of clearances of any player in the afl regular season. Covers more distance than any other player in the last quarter of an afl final. Seven inside 50's and two goals. Deadset gun.

LOL

Wharever mate. If anyone is bleating on without backing the view up with facts or logic its you.

Time will tell. When top 10 picks start getting traded down for multiple later picks you are going to look like a fool. I look forward to bumping this post when it happens.

It's not trolling at all. Trying to haggle until your blue in the face is all well and good, but as we saw last night having a quality player trumps the difference between a 2020 future first and future second. Eagles were always going to be among it again this year, refusing to hand over the future first seemed a silly decision at the time, and even more foolish now. You just wonder if the lesson learned will make them easier to deal with this off-season.

It’s not so much the lesson learned, more the price paid by the Eagles.

Brownlow is going to be interesting.

Limp! LOL.

The Cats shat themselves after the start they had and the Eagles fought back and hit the front. It is pretty obvious the Tigers will hand out an almighty flogging next week. Selwood and Ablett are finished and Kelly will leave. Hawkins wont be playing next week and the Cats will exit 1 week after the Eagles, at least Scott won a final again.

Cant win the flag every year and next year we will be back strionger again.

Limp! LOL.

The Cats shat themselves after the start they had and the Eagles fought back and hit the front. It is pretty obvious the Tigers will hand out an almighty flogging next week. Selwood and Ablett are finished and Kelly will leave. Hawkins wont be playing next week and the Cats will exit 1 week after the Eagles, at least Scott final won a final again.

Don't really matter just need to solve the urine you will be fine.

Limp! LOL.

The Cats shat themselves after the start they had and the Eagles fought back and hit the front. It is pretty obvious the Tigers will hand out an almighty flogging next week. Selwood and Ablett are finished and Kelly will leave. Hawkins wont be playing next week and the Cats will exit 1 week after the Eagles, at least Scott won a final again.

What I'm saying is subtract Kelly from Geelong last night and add him to the Eagles and your mob are potentially into a Prelim. Is that not worth the difference between a 2020 second round and 2020 first round? I'd say it absolutely is, especially when you consider it's going to cost you that pick this year + more anyway. Squeezing in a Tim Kelly on rookie wages to this current Eagles lineup would have been a massive boon for 2019.

I think if Geelong demand too much for Kelly then Kelly should nominate for the draft and eagles can trade with GC for pick 1.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eagles could give GC picks 43 and 78 because their points equivalent of pick 1. GC would humbly accept it and be forever thankful that they were ever thought about by such a powerful club as the Eagles.

Eagles could give GC picks 43 and 78 because their points equivalent of pick 1. GC would humbly accept it and be forever thankful that they were ever thought about by such a powerful club as the Eagles.

Indeed it will be their yearly 'good deed for WA club' policy.

Seriously though haven't GC had enough troubles with keeping talented players who don't want to be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back