Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had given up 20, 22 and our 2018 first as demanded last year that would have missed out on so much.

With trading, those picks (and our 2019 third rounder) ultimately became:
- 3 x 2018 second rounders
- pick 14 this year
- pick 22 this year (Sydney’s pick).

That’s massive overs. Not worth mortgaging your future even when you’re in the window. I’m glad we waited until he was uncontracted.

You may not like reality but that is massive overs already

In the end i hope Tim goes to Freo for free in the draft if Geelong show no heart again. Hopefully other clubs remember this after Adelaide helped Dangerfield to Geelong

Adelaida didn’t help danger to Geelong mate, clearly don’t know how that went down. Geelong were forced to trade for him.

Limp! LOL.

The Cats shat themselves after the start they had and the Eagles fought back and hit the front. It is pretty obvious the Tigers will hand out an almighty flogging next week. Selwood and Ablett are finished and Kelly will leave. Hawkins wont be playing next week and the Cats will exit 1 week after the Eagles, at least Scott won a final again.

Cant win the flag every year and next year we will be back strionger again.

Salty

Limp! LOL.

The Cats shat themselves after the start they had and the Eagles fought back and hit the front. It is pretty obvious the Tigers will hand out an almighty flogging next week. Selwood and Ablett are finished and Kelly will leave. Hawkins wont be playing next week and the Cats will exit 1 week after the Eagles, at least Scott won a final again.

Do you need a tissue?

LOL yep, the brave eagles fight back is what will be remembered! You are taking the urine.

LOL

Wharever mate. If anyone is bleating on without backing the view up with facts or logic its you.

Time will tell. When top 10 picks start getting traded down for multiple later picks you are going to look like a fool. I look forward to bumping this post when it happens.
No drama. Ill put you ignore until after the trade goes through to stop with the frustration of having to point out things as obvious as the sky being blue.

Eventhough he actually does have family support in Geelong.
You are making out that you have insights on his personal situation. Do you understand what he and his family need? I have 3 extended family members that have additional needs and having a cousin move to Geelong is better than nothing but there is a massive difference of another person to help versus an extended family that make a massive difference.

There again from you name, you probably know a parent is like a sheriff and can only perform at their best with a dedicated and aligned posse of deputies.

The inability from West Coast to secure this deal last off season has officially come back to bite. Eliminated by a Tim Kelly led Geelong would be the last thing the big wigs at the Eagles would have hoped happen. All face has been lost.
Ill write the reply from the Eagles fans for you:
No. His trade value has gone done I tell you because he's uncontracted. Geelong blew their chance last trade period to get him.

This year clubs want as many picks as possible in the 30's as well, because its the year the 30's are lucky numbers. (or something else as equally logical)

Reality
Yep, Geelong stuffed up by keeping a player who has played a major role in helping them have a chance of winning a premiership. Who if he had been at West Coast they would have been in a home Prelim and not even be playing last night.

Last edited:
What I'm saying is subtract Kelly from Geelong last night and add him to the Eagles and your mob are potentially into a Prelim. Is that not worth the difference between a 2020 second round and 2020 first round? I'd say it absolutely is, especially when you consider it's going to cost you that pick this year + more anyway. Squeezing in a Tim Kelly on rookie wages to this current Eagles lineup would have been a massive boon for 2019.
Will never really know, will we? We could of got Kelly and he did a knee in his first training session and have been out for the season.
Your R1s will be late teen picks.

There wouldn’t be anything coming back.
This years is either 13 or 14. That’s not late teens. I think you mean a late-ish first round. But there is no gaurantee that we finish top 4 or even finals for that matter. In the Beams and Dylan Shiel deal that included 2 first rounders, a second round pick rebounded back.

Finally some sensible discussion. Our first and Sydneys second.

Ralph is seen as being Vic centric But there again maybe he is joking the rest of the AFL community and seeing the approach of Geelong last year as needing to be corrected

Ha not even brackish mate.

We won last year and things didn't work out over the past few weeks. We'll be back next year bigger and better.

Silly to think or expect you can win every year. Cats fans know this and Freo fans even more so.

I used to get grumpy after f8nals losses but meh. Such is life.

Just looking forward to next week and Scott's sour face after the Tigers ended his season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With thug Hawkins missing next week, the Cats poor drafting of talls in recent years means the the void of a KPF will mean Wells comes harder for Brander.

I, and a number of Eagles fan, do not want to trade Brander. The prospect of a quality KPF in this year’s draft looks unlikely.

Interesting month ahead of both clubs

Geelong didn't want a future first rounder, they wanted a top ten pick. Wells is a liar anyway, he gave the game away when he said they don't want to make WC stronger. Weren't going to trade him regardless.

Rawlings helped WC win a flag and the team he consolidated will still be there next season.

That is a disgraceful statement. Wells is a gent. Basically at the death knell we asked for a future first but WC only offered a second rounder. So he just wasn’t isn’t that important to them. Get him, don’t get him. WC, Don’t care enough. And why would they.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Limp! LOL.

You only got back into it one the back 4 dodgy dodgy Nicholls decisions. Mind you par for the course. When he gave us the same service I knew you were done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I realise you're just trolling but we actually did really well in the draft last year from the picks we had. Quit trying to bait.

Youdid do well and i agree there but the reality is the offer that you thought might be overs for Kelly last year has proven to be unders this year after what he has done.

If we had given up 20, 22 and our 2018 first as demanded last year that would have missed out on so much.

With trading, those picks (and our 2019 third rounder) ultimately became:
- 3 x 2018 second rounders
- pick 14 this year
- pick 22 this year (Sydney’s pick).

That’s massive overs. Not worth mortgaging your future even when you’re in the window. I’m glad we waited until he was uncontracted.

Separate issues. What you did with those picks was a tick but Kelly wont cost you less than 14 + 2 20s picks (or equivalent) this year and you would have got him for less salary (now he will cost you more $) and you may have won a flag with him this year..its not a massive loss but it's not a win either.

Will never really know, will we? We could of got Kelly and he did a knee in his first training session and have been out for the season.

This years is either 13 or 14. That’s not late teens. I think you mean a late-ish first round. But there is no gaurantee that we finish top 4 or even finals for that matter. In the Beams and Dylan Shiel deal that included 2 first rounders, a second round pick rebounded back.

Yes but Shiel involved higher pick in the first round. A single digit.

Are you referring to beams first or second time? It involved pick 5 the first time.

13/14 + a late teens pick next year (you should finish top 4), is vastly different.

Mid - late teen picks wouldn’t bet you anything back. If you could guarantee a single digit high pick then going by previous examples you could probably ask for our late second back

Ralph is seen as being Vic centric But there again maybe he is joking the rest of the AFL community and seeing the approach of Geelong last year as needing to be corrected

This is a dumb comparison. Treloar cost 7 + 7 with 28 going back. Shiel was 9 and 11 with 31 going back. Your 2 R1s are going to be later than these top 10 picks so you cant expect anything going back the other way. Its simple math.

This is a dumb comparison. Treloar cost 7 + 7 with 28 going back. Shiel was 9 and 11 with 31 going back. Your 2 R1s are going to be later than these top 10 picks so you cant expect anything going back the other way. Its simple math.

Stop PO. You’re talking too much sense here.

Ralph and WC fans are incapable of understanding the difference between round number versus actual pick number.

Ha ha they are cute WCE fans

Now Quoting Ralphy and trades involving Treloar, Sheils, Lever and co. I believe I’ve been told 1,841,947,926 times that WCE don’t have a top 10 pick. Let me know which of those trades didn’t involve a top 10 pick. Some of them involved two top 10 picks.

Get us some top 10 picks and im sure we can talk about some 2nd rd picks and junk time pick swaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back