Recommitted Tom Clurey [contracted and staying at Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's no star but he's a very solid FB who has plenty left in the tank.

Port might feel like he is a bit same same as Trent McKenzie and want to pair him with someone younger and taller (rumours of Harrison Petty).

Key defender Tom Clurey is being courted by several Victorian clubs.

Essendon are currently leading the race to secure his services, followed by Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn and St Kilda

.https://www.facebook.com/AFLinsider/posts/143196324611852

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be honest I didn't check the source properly. I thought it was one of those afl.com shows.

Is that page that bad?

It's not actually and afl insider if that's what you're asking.

Couldn't see them moving Clurey on and couldn't see him interested in moving tbh

To be honest I didn't check the source properly. I thought it was one of those afl.com shows.

Is that page that bad?

It's a kid that makes up stories. I'm pretty sure it was him that had Stringer signing with Geelong - or similar - last week.

St Kilda have shared their interest with Clurey's manager according to Tom Morris.

I'm unsure of why he wasn't getting a game late in the year as I thought he was in good form earlier in the season.

Port seem to happy with the idea of one key defender, but I'm not sure he'd leave?

Clurey has interest from the Crows too.
Why? We just cut Talia as we already have young key defenders going forward.

Who is your source as this makes absolutely no sense?

St Kilda have shared their interest with Clurey's manager according to Tom Morris.

I'm unsure of why he wasn't getting a game late in the year as I thought he was in good form earlier in the season.

Port seem to happy with the idea of one key defender, but I'm not sure he'd leave?
He makes a lot of sense for the saints.

We currently have 4 first 22 quality key defenders.

I actually prefer clurey and think he’s underrated cause he’s a bit of an old school deep 1 on 1 fb.

But the club obviously likes McKenzie’s speed which is great and his super long kick coming out.

Clureys been first 22 for us for years and arguably still is.

But with our 4 key defenders all being similar ages it makes sense to move one if we can get a good trade value for him. Though I doubt we get enough to make it worthwhile.
Why? We just cut Talia as we already have young key defenders going forward.

Who is your source as this makes absolutely no sense?
You obviously cut talia cause he’s cooked.

Though I see why you might have some interest in clurey it just makes more sense to keep developing your own and drafting / trading in younger options as your not a fb away from competing right now anyway. Most likely if there’s interest from the crows it’s just lightly monitoring the situation I guess.

He makes a lot of sense for the saints.

We currently have 4 first 22 quality key defenders.

I actually prefer clurey and think he’s underrated cause he’s a bit of an old school deep 1 on 1 fb.

But the club obviously likes McKenzie’s speed which is great and his super long kick coming out.

Clureys been first 22 for us for years and arguably still is.

But with our 4 key defenders all being similar ages it makes sense to move one if we can get a good trade value for him. Though I doubt we get enough to make it worthwhile.

Though I see why you might have some interest in clurey it just makes more sense to keep developing your own and drafting / trading in younger options as your not a fb away from competing right now anyway. Most likely if there’s interest from the crows it’s just lightly monitoring the situation I guess.
Who are the 4 quality key defenders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clurey Jonas Alir and McKenzie.
None of these are a quality lockdown defender on a big tall forward imo. 2 are better suited to mediums.

Aliir could, but better suited to a looser role.

We cut Talia because we have confidence in Butts & Murray. Also, have McAsey developing. Frampton break glass option.

Can he play as a legitimate 2nd KPD or is he more of a 3rd tall? I’d like him to replace Cordy from last nights lineup.
Miles better than a 3rd tall defender, very capable KPD.
Unlucky to have not been playing AFL, went out at the wrong time with injury and just couldn't force his way in ahead of McKenzie who's been incredible since coming in as a KPD last year.

Would make a lot of sense for St. Kilda. Has 4-5 years left, partnered well with Howard whilst he was at PA, allows Highmore and Wilkie play as mediums rather than talls.

Surely Clurey is being told he's a required player who is under contract. The injury was bad timing and while McKenzie played well, when it mattered we needed the bigger defender.

What planet do you live on? Talia cut to free up cap space and you want to put games into Butts and fair enough too he's is extremely good.
Your post doesn't even make sense in relation to my post.

Crows don't have a cap problem & this was not the reason we cut him. We would have more space than nearly every club.

We did so for the reasons in my post.

Love it when an opposition know it all reckons they know more...

Your post doesn't even make sense in relation to my post.

Crows don't have a cap problem & this was not the reason we cut him. We would have more space than nearly every club.

We did so for the reasons in my post.

Love it when an opposition know it all reckons they know more...
I didn't say you have a cap problem I said that you cut him to get the cap space. Same with Lynch. It's different. If you have the cap space you can then target ready made players like Dawson and say maybe Rankine. Or if you were to say to Horne-Francis that he would get an instant new contract $400k + he might say to North that he would want to go back to Adelaide after his first contract. But if you don't have the $$$ you can't get creative.

I love it when people mis-quote you - NOT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back