List Mgmt. Tom Gillies' trade prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I didn't break my leg in 2011 then I would've continued playing footy & got drafted in 2015...

I just literally gave up and stacked on the kgs

I thought you were just wearing a vest.....there ya go then.....

Scenario:

Scott: Look Tom...we have looked at your performances and honestly ...you're not up to it mate.
Gillies: I reckon I am as good as Brian Lake..
Scott: Yea...well good for you mate. Think you need to be more realistic about your ability.
Gillies: I think I'm better than you think
Scott: Well what you think doesn't matter....you're out of here....find yourself another club. We don't rate you here....
Gillies: (Silence)
Scott: Oh...by the way...can you give me a lift home?

This is a misnomer. The meeting where Scott asked for the lift is the one in 2011 where he asked for a trade and was refused not the one in 2012 where he was delisted. Gillies says the 2012 delisting meeting lasted only 90 seconds anyway.

Scenario:

Scott: Look Tom...we have looked at your performances and honestly ...you're not up to it mate.
Gillies: I reckon I am as good as Brian Lake..
Scott: Yea...well good for you mate. Think you need to be more realistic about your ability.
Gillies: I think I'm better than you think
Scott: Well what you think doesn't matter....you're out of here....find yourself another club. We don't rate you here....
Gillies: (Silence)
Scott: Oh...by the way...can you give me a lift home?
That was 12 months after.

The coffee talk was -

Gillies: I want to play for Hawthorn
Scott: You're contacted and we see you playing a big part next year
Gillies: But I really want to play for Hawthorn and win premierships with them. I'll be a premiership hero. Trade me
Scott: We hate Hawthorn and don't deal with them. Suck it up, you're staying for next year... Now drive me home

And don't forget to pay the bill

That was 12 months after.

The coffee talk was -

Gillies: I want to play for Hawthorn
Scott: You're contacted and we see you playing a big part next year
Gillies: But I really want to play for Hawthorn and win premierships with them. I'll be a premiership hero. Trade me
Scott: We hate Hawthorn and don't deal with them. Suck it up, you're staying for next year... Now drive me home

And don't forget to pay the bill
at the time geelong was the premiership winning team and hawthorn had won nothing and were our bitches. So it would of been nothing like that.

Geelong had no room for gillies. Hawthorn were desperate for him. We should of traded.

at the time geelong was the premiership winning team and hawthorn had won nothing and were our bitches. So it would of been nothing like that.

Geelong had no room for gillies. Hawthorn were desperate for him. We should of traded.

Hindsight says you're absolutely right.

Yet was given a 3 year contract by hawthorn
Offered - he never signed a contract with Hawthorn

For all we and Gillies know, he may well have ended up like Vickery where the Hawks pay overs for a guy to sit in the VFL

The fact he cracked the shits at coming back through the VFL Reserves and faked injury to get out of playing for then until he way selected for the VFL senior side shows how arrogant he was.

Play the first week in the reserves and show it to be a mistake - don't act like a 5yr old not getting your way.

His attitude is why he didn't make the grade - not Scott or anyone else

This is a misnomer. The meeting where Scott asked for the lift is the one in 2011 where he asked for a trade and was refused not the one in 2012 where he was delisted. Gillies says the 2012 delisting meeting lasted only 90 seconds anyway.

You spoilt my fantasy :'(:'(

Hindsight says you're absolutely right.
Hindsight does. But i also said it before we rejected it too. More cos i thought Gillies was a dud and he would make hawthorn worse. Unfortunately not trading him may of cost us 2013 flag. If we traded him hawthorn may never have gone after lake who was regarded as a has been at the time. Lake is the number one reason why hawthorn won all their flags.

Offered - he never signed a contract with Hawthorn

For all we and Gillies know, he may well have ended up like Vickery where the Hawks pay overs for a guy to sit in the VFL

The fact he cracked the shits at coming back through the VFL Reserves and faked injury to get out of playing for then until he way selected for the VFL senior side shows how arrogant he was.

Play the first week in the reserves and show it to be a mistake - don't act like a 5yr old not getting your way.

His attitude is why he didn't make the grade - not Scott or anyone else
Im pretty certain he would of been a vickery. But it may have taken hawthorn 3 years to figure it out like it took them three years to figure out simpkin was no good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three of the players Geelong took in that draft are still on AFL lists. None will be playing for Geelong in 2018, however.
Brown at Essendon
Motlop at a yet to be determined club
Hunt will most likely be delisted - done nothing in his time at Richmond

Hindsight does. But i also said it before we rejected it too. More cos i thought Gillies was a dud and he would make hawthorn worse. Unfortunately not trading him may of cost us 2013 flag. If we traded him hawthorn may never have gone after lake who was regarded as a has been at the time. Lake is the number one reason why hawthorn won all their flags.
so sliding door escape for Hawthorn

Wow what a delusional flog.

If he ever has kids he's going to be one of those nutjob parents who push their kids to be everything they wish they were, you know the type who scream obscenities from the sidelines and break umpires noses.

Did he play enough games for father-son eligibility? His poor kid will probably go top 10

I can see why we didn't trade him at the time Drum (who they had brought in to replace Harley and Scarlo ageing) had just retired due to injury lonergan had only played one full season as a defender and Milburn had just retired. They didn't want to release a depth KPD at that stage and strengthen a direct competitor. Pity it didn't work out though.

Scarlett telling us Gillies would be a star and not to trade him and then him being gone 12 months later was interesting. Fortunately his talent spotting has improved since with Stewart.

Brown at Essendon
Motlop at a yet to be determined club
Hunt will most likely be delisted - done nothing in his time at Richmond
You fell for his baiting s**t unfortunately. GFrost is right. Seemingly physically impossible for any comment not to be laced with negativity.

Long summer ahead I feel :(

Wow what a delusional flog.

If he ever has kids he's going to be one of those nutjob parents who push their kids to be everything they wish they were, you know the type who scream obscenities from the sidelines and break umpires noses.

Did he play enough games for father-son eligibility? His poor kid will probably go top 10
As per the article - back living in Grovedale, playing as a forward for St Marys, married and two kids

And I think it was 15 games or so that he played in total.

Maybe he has two daughters (don't think it says anything other than kids in the article) - because only 1 game is required for father/daughter picks in the AFLW

As per the article - back living in Grovedale, playing as a forward for St Marys, married and two kids

And I think it was 15 games or so that he played in total.

Maybe he has two daughters (don't think it says anything other than kids in the article) - because only 1 game is required for father/daughter picks in the AFLW

While playing as a forward he probably thinks AFL coaches robbed him of the chance to be the next Wayne Carey by developing him as a defender #slidingdoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back