Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pigs fly too. Everything has to do with money, but I don't blame him or any other player seeking more money elsewhere, at the end of the day these players only have a short career span.
first off all ill say this, I ACKNOWLEGE THESE ARE ONLY RUMOURS, now that's out the way.. If the rumours are true about him already having talks with hawthorn, he would know that he isn't going to be getting (if any wouldn't be much more) money coming to us so if he ends up with us next year then maybe "pigs do fly"!!!!

How are you getting a Fremantle first rounder?

No Chance Hawks would give up two first round picks for Tom Mitchell. One 1st rounder at best

I can see Hill to Freo, Mitchell to Hawks, Freo to Give Sydney Draft picks that allow Sydney to expose the draft loophole they are able to with the academy. Win wins for everyone

So Hill = Mitchell?
Outside mid vs inside mid

Quality Outside mids are less common then inside, they are also not the type of player you can just develop. You need to draft one. The more athletic types always go higher in the draft.

Quality inside mids are usually the better player because they have alot more competition. They can be drafted from anywhere but the genuine ball magnets go highish in the draft.

Hill = late 1st - early 2nd - not required . Depending on who's trading for him.

Mitchell = mid 1st - late 1st.
To the right club.

No Chance Hawks would give up two first round picks for Tom Mitchell. One 1st rounder at best

I can see Hill to Freo, Mitchell to Hawks, Freo to Give Sydney Draft picks that allow Sydney to expose the draft loophole they are able to with the academy. Win wins for everyone
Swans don't have any academy players coming through this year do they

Swans don't have any academy players coming through this year do they

Ok would Freo be allowed to give up next years draft picks? Or is there a rule that if they have given them up for this year, they cant do it again the following year? I thought the AFL made a rule to stop clubs giving up future draft picks in consecutive years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From AFL.com.au ....27 June 2016
"MIDFIELDER Tom Mitchell has put contract talks with the Sydney Swans on hold for at least the next month to focus on his football."

Ner, ner, née, ner , ner!!!
Old article mate.

"It was probably a month ago now, that (Mitchell's manager) Phil Mullen and I agreed to just hold off until the end of the season, so Tom could focus on his football," Harley said.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-07-23/mitchell-talks-on-hold

Bradley Hill is seriously overrated, worth an early second rounder at best.

Tom mitchell is one of the most promising inside midfielders in the game. Top 8 pick or 2 late first rounders in the teens.
Blokes who can run all day, and deliver well inside 50 are certified gold. Pay attention to how football is being played and where it is trending.

Blokes who can run all day, and deliver well inside 50 are certified gold. Pay attention to how football is being played and where it is trending.
If being able to run all day is one of the only 2 requirements to attract a first rounder, then I'm worth one too...
Bradley Hill is a classic example of a mediocre player who plays OK footy at a top football club.
Outside classy midfielders are worth gold (Gaff, Stephen Hill, Josh Kelly), but Bradley is average at best.

If being able to run all day is one of the only 2 requirements to attract a first rounder, then I'm worth one too...
Bradley Hill is a classic example of a mediocre player who plays OK footy at a top football club.
Outside classy midfielders are worth gold (Gaff, Stephen Hill, Josh Kelly), but Bradley is average at best.
Lets see what happens in a couple of months, and if this "mediocre" player gets a high pick.

Footnote: Jed Anderson went for a first rounder and some late pick shuffling.

Whether or not Hawks get a first rounder for Hill is irrelevant to what he is worth. He's certainly not going for Freo's top 5 pick this year, even they wouldn't do that...surely?

Hawks don't want Mitchell. He was their backup plan if they couldn't land Brad Crouch.
Would this indicate that Crouch is unavailable as they seem to be chasing Mitchell a lot harder and Mitchell has officially out off talks were as crouch and his management are in negotiations?

Back