Player Watch Tom Wilson (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 crueled or at least slowed the development of so many young lads this year, really hoping to see something from him in 2021 and I really hope he makes it, just the type we bloody need right now.

For a bloke who been 3 years on the list just wanna see him play..

What did i Used to say back in the day ???

Oh yeah!!!

JUST PLAY HIM
He’s been on the list for a year and a half.

Wilson might be the new Murphy, who was the new Scharenberg...

Hope he plays next year... I liked what I saw of him at half forward out at Werribee 12 months back... but gee, the club must be confident in him coming good very soon-ish.

Others like Wooller, Keitel, Ballenden etc out there that have more pedigree and shown more thus far

But (so far) we’re putting all our faith in defender-now-forward Kelly and Wilson coming through in 2021.

Any KPF draftee we take this year is unlikely to have an impact next year.

Hope he plays next year... I liked what I saw of him at half forward out at Werribee 12 months back... but gee, the club must be confident in him coming good very soon-ish.

Others like Wooller, Keitel, Ballenden etc out there that have more pedigree and shown more thus far

But (so far) we’re putting all our faith in defender-now-forward Kelly and Wilson coming through in 2021.

We see what Happens in the National and Rookie draft 1st

Wilson played in the national carnival as an u16 before concentrating on basketball, so while Wooller etc might have more development time under their belt I’m not so sure their pedigree is any better. Time will tell, but I get the feeling the club are quietly confident that Wilson will become quite a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like it or not, Mason Cox coming good is our only real hope to have a decent KPF next year.

Like it or not, Mason Cox coming good is our only real hope to have a decent KPF next year.
So no hope then. gotcha

Hine is obv getting us ready for the AFL's pending side basketball competition, which we will win hands down and pick up the $500 winners cheque.

PG - Rantall
SG - Pendles
SF - Wilson
PF - Grundy
C - Cox

6th man - Madgen
Team admin - Sier

We'd prob even go close to an SEABL title with that team....

He was one I had big hopes for in 2021 and beyond and then covid hit and he didn’t get to play any twos footy. Hopefully that hasn’t held him back too much

Looks to be putting the work in this offseason with Taranto, DeGoey, The King Brothers, Daicos and McKay.

Also noticed Taylor Adams and Pendlebury joined their last session.

Hine is obv getting us ready for the AFL's pending side basketball competition, which we will win hands down and pick up the $500 winners cheque.

PG - Rantall
SG - Pendles
SF - Wilson
PF - Grundy
C - Cox

6th man - Madgen
Team admin - Sier

We'd prob even go close to an SEABL title with that team....
Sier as team admin had me cackling

Keen to see what position he plays come training in 2021. I hope it’s not in the back 50 but will see. This is the year he needs to start showing something. I don’t mean break into the AFL side but at least a few big performances in the reserves. How many years has been back in the system now for?

Where do people perceive Wilsons best role to be?

Unfortunately in defence. For some reason they played him all over the place and as usual, it's defence where they shine best. He was showing a bit as a forward a couple of years ago but then, as the club does, they don't like developing forwards so they started to move him around. To me, he is stuck in no mans land due to the s**t development in our club atm, wouldn't surprise me if he didn't make it.

Keen to see what position he plays come training in 2021. I hope it’s not in the back 50 but will see. This is the year he needs to start showing something. I don’t mean break into the AFL side but at least a few big performances in the reserves. How many years has been back in the system now for?
Been in the system for less than 2 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back