Status
Not open for further replies.

dropdead1

All Australian
Apr 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ratts hinted at the fact that we may be making a play for Trav. Can't see him leaving Port, but how much do you rkn he's worth?

Until he decides he's definitely coming back to Victoria, I'd leave this type of discussion to the rumour file/ general discussion threads.

Definitely would love to get him to the CFC, unfortunately I don't think we would pay the asking price.

I don't think our 1st Round + Russell would get the job done and I can't see us offering up Gibbs + Russell/another pick to get him.

Boak is a fantastic player however I would rather keep our players and develop within. You can only buy so many good players. Our player development seems to have stalled a bit this year. Got to get more out of Gibbs, Russell, Kreuzer, Lucas, Watson, Yarran, Garlett et al. This is how we will get to number 17.

I'd take the trade proposed by Robbo on one of the talk shows. Boak + top five pick (if the Power remain there) for Carlton's late teens pick with Gibbs. I know Gibbs has his fans but there's not as much difference between Gibbs and Boak as there would be the top pick and the pick in the mid-to-late teens.

I'd take the trade proposed by Robbo on one of the talk shows. Boak + top five pick (if the Power remain there) for Carlton's late teens pick with Gibbs. I know Gibbs has his fans but there's not as much difference between Gibbs and Boak as there would be the top pick and the pick in the mid-to-late teens.

Now we're trading Gibbs????

A more likely scenario is Paddy (an SA boy) + our first round pick. I'd prefer to spend our first pick in the teens on a CHF from the draft, personally.

Well it all comes down to who is blowing smoke ... Ratts or McKay.

Ratts says that we have room in our cap to land a player on a significant contract, whereas Andrew McKay the day before says that we have no room to move in in our cap?

Hmmmmmmm ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Boak, recon he'd possibly be a better player in our team and would have a role to play. Is a good age to fit in with our blokes. I would consider trying to offload Russell to them as SA is his home state. It's really strang to announce this at this stage of the year out in public so not sure the comments would be taken all too seriously.

Remember when considering salary cap space, there will be a trade so lets say that is Russell as for example.
(Russell's Salery) + (salery cap remaining) = How much room we have

Would likely be enough, depending what he is asking I guess plus his desire to be in Victoria.

IF Boak decides to leave, IF he wants to come to Carlton, IF we have something Port would accept for his services..... get him, for sure. Very good player, would benefit greatly from not copping the tag so heavily. Could be very damaging. I definitely rate Boak.

But that looks like too many "IFs" to get through to be any kind of reality.

We'd need to entice Port with something decent.

Warnock/Russell + first round pick. :)

The only concern with this scenario is that it is similar to what we gave up for Judd. I haven't seen Boak play enough to make a call. Seems like a lot.

I don't think you guys will go for another mid, you need KPPs, Blues and Pies will be the 2 most uninterested clubs IMO.

I don't want to give up Gibbs but if we got Boak plus their first rounder for Gibbs and our first rounder I would pull the trigger, Surely they wouldn't go for that though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back