Traded Travis Cloke [traded to Bulldogs for pick 76]

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis still has a place in the game at the right club. As I said weeks ago before he got dropped the "momentum" was there .....

As I said in the OP "Tigers considering taking the bait" - Think it will come down to what club will offer Pies the most salary cap relief. Pies will take a lesser pick to remove more of his salary from their cap.

Pies have the front running in another target and the need the cap space to get it done.
Who is this illusive target we need the space for? Spill the beans ya campaigner

God I hope he goes there.Would set them back another 5 years

Dont think anything is set in stone ... Vickery where he lands could have a massive bearing as I alluded too in the OP.

I heard the Dogs were into him but have been trumped by an interstate team. But again nothing set in stone.

Last edited:
Dont think anythings is set in stone ... Vickery where he lands could have a massive bearing as I alluded too in the OP.

I heard the Dogs were into him but have been trumped by an interstate team. But again nothing set in stone.

There's a certain type on Bigfooty who you just know have great mail. They only pop up occasionally, drop their info in a definitive and clear way, free of commentary or pumping up their connection to the source. And when they post again, you know they are on the money, because they have a great track record.

This is not example of this type of poster.

Travis still has a place in the game at the right club. As I said weeks ago before he got dropped the "momentum" was there .....

As I said in the OP "Tigers considering taking the bait" - Think it will come down to what club will offer Pies the most salary cap relief. Pies will take a lesser pick to remove more of his salary from their cap.

Pies have the front running in another target and the need the cap space to get it done.
Why do you keep going on about cap relief. We've already cleared close to a million next year with the retirements of Swan, Caff and Toovey. Add to that Cloke is a veteran, so he'll be taking up like $300k. That's not a salary that screams 'we need cap relief!'

Cloke has requested a trade.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-30/veteran-forward-travis-cloke-requests-a-trade-from-collingwood

I beleive that bulldogs would be a suitable match on a 2 year deal - however - do you think the mentoring for the young key forwards at brisbane would be a win win - 2 year deal - clunk them and teach them?

Clunk what?
Our rebounding HBFers have been shithouse this season.
Leave us to sort our coach, Cloke can go clunk elsewhere.

Think he means recently because Swan did it as well, but it wouldn't exactly have been an accomplishment had Cloke done it, IMO.

Really frustrated at the way Collingwood have dealt with Cloke this year. If he finds his way to a club with a strong football department that uses him in a role he's best suited too he'll put together a 50+ goal season.

The Dogs and Hawks standout to me, but the Tiges really should steer clear. Either way Collingwood won't get full value and given this has been in the clubs control its a really poor outcome and not the least bit surprising.
Buckley was more than patient with Cloke, he had no choice but to drop him in the end.

Cloke is in it purely for the money, always has been, he's after a trade because we won't extend his contract beyond next year, if he stays at Collingwood next year and spuds it up again his career is shot, and he knows it

Him and Damir are trying to eek out every last penny from his career, considering he's bled us dry at every opportunity over the years and has delivered 2/5ths of * all on his current contract, one would hope he showed a bit of loyalty and worked his ass off to pay us back, but nup, threatens to run to highest bidder yet again, no one will be stopping him this time though.

Richmond has made an art of pointless trades!

How do you play Cloke and the million dollar man Boyd in the same forward line? Surely Dogs have to back Boyd to do the job for them?

Not sure who Cloke would suit, be an interesting destination when it's announced. You'd think the destination club wouldn't have to give up too much for him, think Hall went to Dogs for a 50s pick and Hall was still a good player, just fell out with Paul Roos, bit like Cloke and Buckley. Pies will be glad to offload some of Cloke's contract.

You have to remove Boyds salary from analysis it isn't relevant. He is what he is, a developing tall who will take time and who spends a significant part of the game in the ruck. They have no tall target when he is rucking, and when he is in the forward line he is not a player who will be a hit up target on the wing.

There's a certain type on Bigfooty who you just know have great mail. They only pop up occasionally, drop their info in a definitive and clear way, free of commentary or pumping up their connection to the source. And when they post again, you know they are on the money, because they have a great track record.

This is not example of this type of poster.

You are soft as butter - Roos & Jackson are right about your type. There is nothing you could not complain or winge about ...

You are soft as butter - Roos & Jackson are right about your type. There is nothing you could not complain or winge about ...

What is this? Personal attacks?

Where's all the positivity? You know, I've invested heavily in some psychological programs that focus on positive well being.... I'll just go and have a chat with my good friend and associate Tami Roos to get you a freebie :D:D:D

The other thing about Trav is that he isn't what you'd call one of nature's deep intellects, nor is he quite Dane Swan in understanding where the play will be heading. He did well under Mick because we had a very straightforward plan that was predictable and required him to play an equally predictable role he understood. This let him use his strengths (contested marking, stamina) to good effect. He, along with a few others at Collingwood have struggled to understand their role as the game plan has become more complex.

If Beveridge is able to give him a clear role and effectively communicate that to Trav, I think he'd be like a new player. As it is, the combination of being a massive confidence player who doesn't quite have his head around what he's meant to do has seen him be a shadow of himself.

From what I understand Bevo does seem to be good at getting players understanding and committed to their roles?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really is ideal that Cloke nominated the Bulldogs, they seem to have to the appropriate currency as well.

He will go where the money is as he should. Ideally he will go to a club which has a specific need for his talents.

He has been a great servant for Collingwood and brought its fans many great moments.

Good talls can aften play well into their early 30s.

Whoever picks him up will either get 1 good year out of him or 5.

Whoever picks him up will either get 1 good year out of him or 5.
1 year would help us given for KPFs we have Redpath on the LTI for most of next year, Tom Boyd developing and needed in the ruck, then nobody.

He will be a good pick up for the doggies, Boyd will definitely benefit from having Cloke in the forward line for a couple of seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back