Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes mate. He just needs the size because he’s going to have to distribute under pressure a lot so will need to be able to stand up in tackles.

He shows good tackle technique too so having some size will assist with that as well.

That pretty much the same as every kid who is Drafted though isn't it?

That pretty much the same as every kid who is Drafted though isn't it?

That’s a bit of a generalisation. Some need that development and others don’t because they all have different skill sets. Bianco’s lack of pace necessitates a bigger body in order to compete whereas a guy like McReery doesn’t.

The two are similar in age and size and were drafted with similar selections, but I don’t see McReery needing to add size because his pace is a weapon.

He’s better than Rantall and probably half the players we have drafted in the past 3 years but he wouldn’t get a game in a decent Collingwood side. This is as poor a list I’ve seen.

For a not very solid young player in his first playing year, Bianco has shown a lot. He looks like he will be the player everyone thought we were getting in McCrae.
That’s exciting, because I still think Macrae will also be the player everyone thought we were getting in Macrae.

No Shock that he 2 SA Boys Poulter and Mcreery playing most AFL Games in there Debut Season
Actually Poulter is a shock to me! I definitely wasn't expecting him to get more senior level exposure than Macrae and Henry. Even after I saw his great form in the VFL at the start of the year I thought he was too skinny and error prone to play much AFL in 2021. Glad I'm not a selector!

Actually Poulter is a shock to me! I definitely wasn't expecting him to get more senior level exposure than Macrae and Henry. Even after I saw his great form in the VFL at the start of the year I thought he was too skinny and error prone to play much AFL in 2021. Glad I'm not a selector!
They can surprise you - built like Twiggy Dunne at present lol

They can surprise you - built like Twiggy Dunne at present lol
Goes to show heart can make up for any lack of size. Poulter has taken down some big opposition mids in tackles that I wouldn't trust some of our other players to stick

...or me for that matter, even going back to Poulter's highlights I wasn't convinced, he has a future and hopefully the others drafted above him can start to deliver also.

Bianco will be serviceable for us, still upside there also.

Goes to show heart can make up for any lack of size. Poulter has taken down some big opposition mids in tackles that I wouldn't trust some of our other players to stick
That's the key what you have inside can make you walk tall or crawl.

It’s pretty exciting when you factor in that Henry will be the pick of the bunch in 3 years!

But not as exciting as when Chugg wins a Brownlow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But not as exciting as when Chugg wins a Brownlow.

Poor Chugg! The hype train was outrageous on the back of Jen’s opinions. Like Gault I hope it was a lesson for some and realise it won’t be for others…

Poor Chugg! The hype train was outrageous on the back of Jen’s opinions. Like Gault I hope it was a lesson for some and realise it won’t be for others…
I've never had an opinion one way or the other on him but you know for some people sharing their enthusiasm is more important than being right or wrong.

...or me for that matter, even going back to Poulter's highlights I wasn't convinced, he has a future and hopefully the others drafted above him can start to deliver also.

Bianco will be serviceable for us, still upside there also.
I had the opposite reaction to his highlights. He was the one that excited me most from all our draftees. Liked his size and his attacking attitude.

If he’s still there. We gave Stevo the same and Stevo won a rising star medal. Henry had better get a move on.

There is some decent young talent coming through.

The forward line of the future is slowly emerging - McMahon, Henry, Cameron, McCreery - just need to add the number one key forward. Checkers and Elliott there to transition the next generation.

FWIW how much football did Henry play last season during under 18’s?

He’s better than Rantall and probably half the players we have drafted in the past 3 years but he wouldn’t get a game in a decent Collingwood side. This is as poor a list I’ve seen.
Bianco is the best midfielder Collingwood has drafted since Sidebottom in 2008.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back