Trent Cotchin - Disrespect thread

Remove this Banner Ad

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Is there another 3 time premiership captain, Brownlow medalist that is as constantly disrespected by the commentators and umpires like Trent Cotchin.

Seriously, just watching them try and slag him over this Tex "lifted foot" s**t..... Would Selwood cop this crap? Luke Hodge? Gary Ablett jnr? Pendles?

Trent is so massively disrespected by this league for what he has accomplished. For what he has achieved in this game it generally makes you a protected species in this game at his age - yet het gets SFA free kicks, gets soft ones paid against him & the commentators treat him on a completely different tier to Selwood, Pendles, Bont - FFS, they media basically hung his wife and his family out to ******* dry in the hub..... its ******* gross.

Trent Cotchin IS the captain of his generation. More Flags, a ******* brownlow - b&F's - FFS he is, without a doubt, the captain of this generation....so why do we continually watch him not get treated like it?

Pisses me right off

Is there another 3 time premiership captain, Brownlow medalist that is as constantly disrespected by the commentators and umpires like Trent Cotchin.

Seriously, just watching them try and slag him over this Tex "lifted foot" s**t..... Would Selwood cop this crap? Luke Hodge? Gary Ablett jnr? Pendles?

Trent is so massively disrespected by this league for what he has accomplished. For what he has achieved in this game it generally makes you a protected species in this game at his age - yet het gets SFA free kicks, gets soft ones paid against him & the commentators treat him on a completely different tier to Selwood, Pendles, Bont - FFS, they media basically hung his wife and his family out to ******* dry in the hub..... its ******* gross.

Trent Cotchin IS the captain of his generation. More Flags, a ******* brownlow - b&F's - FFS he is, without a doubt, the captain of this generation....so why do we continually watch him not get treated like it?

Pisses me right off

Spot on … took a basket case club that was the laughing stock of the National competition to 3 x flags through sacrificing his own game and changing the mindset of the club post-2016, yet is ‘rated’ an inferior captain to ‘zero flags’ Selwood. Selwood took over a dynasty juggernaut with about 10 x AA and has led his side to zero flags and has the worst win/loss in finals as captain in history.

But yeah, Selwood’s better as Cotchin is not a ‘man’s man’ so the commentators can’t relate to him.

Does my head in as well. Then when our own supporters disrespect him (has been close enough to our best player in 2 of 5 games this season) it makes me wonder what we are all on about as supposed ‘supporters’.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hawk minnow syndrome. Hodge had it easy captaining a minnow club that no one cared about. Zero pressure.

Also got shafted to Brisbane 😂😂😂

We need to give him some air. - poor guy is struggling to deal with the new woken world. I mean, we felt that pain when we nearly lost a premiership over a set of strippers t***ies and a double garlic kebab. His club is about to have a board spill over a pair or ripped ******* jeans for *s sake. It's a hard time to be a Watkins

How do you know he retiring?

We might win in 2023

No player in the history of the game needs to retire more than Cotch. Not due to form, but just for himself.

Much like Dusty right now, if we truely love this club and the blokes that gave us so much joy, we need to HELP THEM embrace the next part of their lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many other players have won a brownlow and captained 3 premierships?

I'll tell you: 3

Syd Coventry
Dick Reynolds
Michael Voss

And Cotch

Yet the footy media prefer 0 time brownlow medalist and 0 time premiership captain Selwood.

* most of these clowns don't even think he's a real brownlow medalist, and still consider convicted PED cheat Jobe to be the real winner

He's one of the greats. Tex is a racist who's never won anything. No flag, no coleman, not even an AA guernsey. Hasn't even won the Crows B&F.

No player in the history of the game needs to retire more than Cotch. Not due to form, but just for himself.

Much like Dusty right now, if we truely love this club and the blokes that gave us so much joy, we need to HELP THEM embrace the next part of their lives.

Actually I can think of a few more players going around that need to retire before Cotch.

Cotch does not have a lot of superstar mids around him to help him at the moment unlike others

He is still making good decisions, he is far from the worst

How many other players have won a brownlow and captained 3 premierships?

I'll tell you: 3

Syd Coventry
Dick Reynolds
Michael Voss

And Cotch

Yet the footy media prefer 0 time brownlow medalist and 0 time premiership captain Selwood.

fu** most of these clowns don't even think he's a real brownlow medalist, and still consider convicted PED cheat Jobe to be the real winner

He's one of the greats. Tex is a racist who's never won anything. No flag, no coleman, not even an AA guernsey. Hasn't even won the Crows B&F.
Tex and Selwood aren't worthy of tying Cotchins boot laces.

Milking frees, booking seats for a premiership cup before its won, Abusing team mates for leaving.

These are a few things cotchin has never done or would think of doing.

Spot on … took a basket case club that was the laughing stock of the National competition to 3 x flags through sacrificing his own game and changing the mindset of the club post-2016, yet is ‘rated’ an inferior captain to ‘zero flags’ Selwood. Selwood took over a dynasty juggernaut with about 10 x AA and has led his side to zero flags and has the worst win/loss in finals as captain in history.

But yeah, Selwood’s better as Cotchin is not a ‘man’s man’ so the commentators can’t relate to him.

Does my head in as well. Then when our own supporters disrespect him (has been close enough to our best player in 2 of 5 games this season) it makes me wonder what we are all on about as supposed ‘supporters’.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cheer up, he is not rate 'inferior' to me, and that's all that counts...

I reckon Cothin wouldn’t give a * about what others think about him, nor need their confirmation. He’s won every accolade under the sun, taken a team to three flags and led the tigers in one of their most dominant periods in their history. Pretty sure he’d be sleeping pretty comfortably every night (with three shiny premiership medallions around his neck)

Actually I can think of a few more players going around that need to retire before Cotch.

Cotch does not have a lot of superstar mids around him to help him at the moment unlike others

He is still making good decisions, he is far from the worst
Unfortunately Magic, there might be a few pulling the pin this year.

Wouldn't be banking on baby Cotch ever pulling on an RFC jumper. The way the media, oppos, and the AFL as a whole disrespect and slag him (Trent) off weekly makes me think someone with us much sense as Cotch would be steering his young fella as far from the AFL as possible.

Cotch has achieved all this game has to offer, but will be forgotten by all (except the RFC family) by 2030. Its a *en disgrace.

Worst thing yesterday was in comparison listening to the commentators, Dwayne Russell in particular commit self felatio every tine Walker went near it praising his courageous comeback from racism.

Not that Cotch even kicked him, but if ever somebody deserved it it’s ******* Taylor Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back