Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister I'd agree with. Never been a fan of Aussie 'comedies'.

This is Port right now, trying to find a way to frame questions and options to make going Blue and White hoops over PB's able to be spun.

Sir Humphrey: "You know what happens: nice young lady comes up to you. Obviously you want to create a good impression, you don't want to look a fool, do you? So she starts asking you some questions: Mr. Woolley, do you want to see the Port fans who didn't support the Magpies welcomed?"
Bernard Woolley: "Yes"
Sir Humphrey: "Are you worried about our image with other clubs?"
Sir Humphrey: "Do you think supporting our CEO and board promotes unity and success?"
Sir Humphrey: "Do you think the board wants the 150th to be a success?"
Sir Humphrey: "Would you be in favour of wearing our original Blue and White guernsey?"
Bernard Woolley: "Oh...well, I suppose I might be."
Sir Humphrey: "Yes or no?"
Sir Humphrey: "Of course you would, Bernard. After all you told you can't say no to that. So they don't mention the first four questions and they publish the last one."
Bernard Woolley: "Is that really what they do?"
Sir Humphrey: "Well, not the reputable ones no, but there aren't many of those. So alternatively the young lady can get the opposite result."
Bernard Woolley: "How?"
Sir Humphrey: "Mr. Woolley, are you worried about drifting away from history?"
Sir Humphrey: "Are you worried about having co-captains?"
Sir Humphrey: "Do you think there is a danger in always giving into the AFL?"
Sir Humphrey: "Do you think it is wrong to force Port to wear something other than the Prison Bars against their will?"
Sir Humphrey: "Would you oppose us wearing our original Blue and White guernsey?"
Sir Humphrey: "There you are, you see Bernard. The perfect balanced sample."
Top effort:thumbsu:, it's got me stuffed how they ever remembered then delivered their lines so well.

How is your dog going?

Its amazing what they can survive, a mates dog years ago ate a whole tray of weed cookies, one cookie was enough to put a human on their arse and he ate about 20 of them. He had the best sleep of his life and went back to being his dopey old self like nothing ever happened.

Found some nuts that had been spewed up in the middle of the night, so maybe not out of the woods yet but at least it's the week and vets are open again if it gets bad.

Re GOT, I'm mostly annoyed that
Cersei didn't die some awful way like having her eyes plucked out or something equally gruesome

I don't think there was a definitive ending there. I expect to see more in the last episode

I don't think there was a definitive ending there. I expect to see more in the last episode

Yeah, I kind of wonder if Arya's going to pull a trick with one of the dead people's faces (maybe Jaime to get close to Tyrion and maybe Daenerys?), but will also be looking out for the mother we saw this week appearing in the background somewhere (I know her face was burnt with the rest, but who knows)

Yeah, I kind of wonder if Arya's going to pull a trick with one of the dead people's faces (maybe Jaime to get close to Tyrion and maybe Daenerys?), but will also be looking out for the mother we saw this week appearing in the background somewhere (I know her face was burnt with the rest, but who knows)

You make a good point. Arya hasn't pulled out enough tricks besides sword fighting this season. She must have something up here sleeve. Very curious to see what happens to Tyrion.

Post season one I guess you count me, even though chiwigi once told me that still isn't enough to make a definitive call on whether or not I'll like it.

People enjoy their trends, power to them. Having current things going on to talk about is helpful in social situations I guess.

could it be that it's not a trend and actually is (or was, should i say more accurately) a very good show that people enjoy watching?

I was expecting the same but I don't think the writers are that clever.

could it be that it's not a trend and actually is (or was, should i say more accurately) a very good show that people enjoy watching?

Impossible.

I'm told everything popular is trendy and not giving in to it is empowerment.

After all, this is a place where people brag about not seeing Star Wars, but it's lame when they talk about not caring to watch GOT?

I enjoyed the most recent episode of GoT. It did get a bit repetitive, but for me its was the best episode of the season.

TBH (and this is probably due to the fact that I'm not *that* much into magic, especially when compared to political intrigues) the White Walkers had to be finished off early for the series to regain its complexity. As the WW threat increased, I felt like the characters became more one-dimensional, no nuance or anything. Because who has time for scheming when there is an apocalyptic threat on your doorstep? So differences are pushed aside, and everyone has to be one big happy family to fight them.

Once the WW are out of the picture, the human qualities of suspicion, paranoia rise to the fore. I think the decision for Daenerys to go mad was great (despite the inevitable criticism), but if Tyrion survives I'll be quite disappointed as his poor decision making should have ended him a while ago.

Impossible.

I'm told everything popular is trendy and not giving in to it is empowerment.

After all, this is a place where people brag about not seeing Star Wars, but it's lame when they talk about not caring to watch GOT?

Carn. There isn't a person alive that doesn't know what Star Wars is all about, especially considering the new trilogy is just a rehash of the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carn. There isn't a person alive that doesn't know what Star Wars is all about, especially considering the new trilogy is just a rehash of the past.

What's that got to do with whether or not they verbalise that they've not watched it?

And yes, yes it is.

What's that got to do with whether or not they verbalise that they've not watched it?

And yes, yes it is.

Because bragging having not seen either is pretty different. GoT is pretty unique and widely considered one of the best shows ever made with a huge amount of detail, plot twists and interweaving storylines. SW hasn't shocked anyone since 1980 something.

Because bragging having not seen either is pretty different. GoT is pretty unique and widely considered one of the best shows ever made with a huge amount of detail, plot twists and interweaving storylines. SW hasn't shocked anyone since 1980 something.

Just from facebook and here I have an understanding that recently there was a big battle, Jon Snow came back from the dead, somebody teleported in from nowhere to stab someone else, the kid with the blonde hair was a douche, the guy from Pixels likes threesomes, a fat dude held the door, political backstabbing shenanigans that the Roman Senate would consider a bit much, and nobody watched StarGate Atlantis.

I told you that GoT is written by a psychopath. That’s why there won’t be any emotional resolution for you. You’ve wasted your time if you’re expecting satisfaction.

It’s supposed to be a tragedy.

Last edited:
Inappropriate Business Idea:

A child abduction service where your child is taken and held captive for a day so they will listen to you when you tell them not run off when you're out in public. Would require some post-abduction therapy as a follow up service.

Can they do 16-month olds going through a hideous sleep regression as well?

The other one that shits me with the Libs is they all knew Bishop was the only one with a chance of winning, but still put up Dutton and Morrison and Dutton's religious nut jobs when he was knocked out wouldn't vote for a woman. ******* hell, the Tories got over that one 40 years ago.

Coming back to this for a sec, do you think it is feasible in the current day for a female to head a conservative party?

Coming back to this for a sec, do you think it is feasible in the current day for a female to head a conservative party?
Talking National level I assume. Seems to do ok in the UK and Angela Merkel leads a centre Right party in Germany. The US unfortunately not.

Here the Libs won’t go that route unless there’s one from the Right, rather than Moderate wing of the party. The nut jobs will reluctantly back a Moderate or a Woman, but a Moderate woman is a bridge too far for them. Most of the women are too sensible to go to the far Right side of the party, so it’s not happening soon, unless all the nut jobs who dislike each other put up a Woman as ‘at least it’s not one of those other pricks’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back