Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thebby gigs are hit and miss for me but I'm the nerd evaluating the sound guy.

would be 20 years since they first played the thebby and my ears are still ringing

Valentines Day 2000. 41 degrees outside. Don't think ive sweat so much at a gig before! Segression were pretty good too

EF4EsqPWsAEw6yX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on this, I'm going to the revamped Whitmore Hotel for dinner tomorrow night which appears to now be run by a bunch of beer brewing hipster, socially responsible Femos, an interesting paradox to its former incarnation.

It's good. Great food and the view from the rooftop is fantastic.

I was talking to one of the owners on their opening night and I don't think they had a clue about it's former glory days.

Along with the bikie run xxx shows in the dark back bar, there used to be a meth lab out the back on the side with all the asian restaurants where that weird "old man's club" used to be.

It's good. Great food and the view from the rooftop is fantastic.

I was talking to one of the owners on their opening night and I don't think they had a clue about it's former glory days.

Along with the bikie run xxx shows in the dark back bar, there used to be a meth lab out the back on the side with all the asian restaurants where that weird "old man's club" used to be.

At one stage there was a small place in the rear street where socially active ladies worked for profit.

Back in the mid 70s it was a genuinely great pub run by a family who understood the hotel caper but it was also the days of business/expense account lunches that had a tendency to extend beyond lunch.

At one stage there was a small place in the rear street where socially active ladies worked for profit.

Back in the mid 70s it was a genuinely great pub run by a family who understood the hotel caper but it was also the days of business/expense account lunches that had a tendency to extend beyond lunch.

I've only ever known it as that dark cathedral style pub with blacked out windows and 'no go zones' inside. That whole area was a very strange place in the 90s.

There's a bit of a resurgence happening there at the moment, around the corner there's an old mechanic's garage that's been converted to a restaurant/bar. Lantern by Nu (chef Nu Suandokmai) is outrageously good food.

I like old, dodgy pubs with character. I think there's still a place for those.

I like old, dodgy pubs with character. I think there's still a place for those.

Lots still around in Sydney.

Won’t be for long though. Justin Hemmes is buying everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back