Traded Tyson Stengle [traded to Adelaide for pick 68]

Remove this Banner Ad

That is very true.
Only problem is they're very cliquey with their 'groups' which doesn't seem to happen as often with the bigger cities.

So whats the deal with Stengle? Someone said he's going to WA now?

I would be shocked if he ended up in WA given your "reported offer of 3 years" and the opportunity to head home.

A trade wont be a complication being a simple token, so I am sure Crows is where he lands.

I would be shocked if he ended up in WA given your "reported offer of 3 years" and the opportunity to head home.

A trade wont be a complication being a simple token, so I am sure Crows is where he lands.

Yeah 3 year contract for a young kid who has played a handful of games would be hard to decline anyway, but the fact that its in his home state has to play a part.
At another side he may have played a bit more footy too given a) Richmonds success and b) small forward depth.

Yeah 3 year contract for a young kid who has played a handful of games would be hard to decline anyway, but the fact that its in his home state has to play a part.
At another side he may have played a bit more footy too given a) Richmonds success and b) small forward depth.
I think he would have for sure mate.

Hopefully not another Menzel/Gore for us.
In all honesty, I dont see him as a small forward due to lack of pace. I think he could.should turn into a mid/fwd in time.
Impossible to tackle, slick and very nice skills.

I came to thread for news on Stengle, but stayed for the Radelaide reviews.

I was born in country NSW and lived in a few places. And I really like Radelaide. Even though I've never lived there, I reckon I could. Easily.

I hope Stengle stays at Punt Rd. I love watching him in the VFL, but his too good for VFL. I'd have him in front of Bolton in our remarkable queue of small forwards, but it would take some freak run of injuries to get him a game. Good luck to him.

Its staggering how many small forwards you guys have, and all decent or better.

Its staggering how many small forwards you guys have, and all decent or better.
Stengle is/will be a good small forward.
His issue is that he is only a small forward.
Butler, Castagna, Rioli, Higgins, Baker & Bolton can/will all play through the midfield
Stengle is a great replacement for Eddie Betts. Im pretty sure they are related some how as well.

Stengle is/will be a good small forward.
His issue is that he is only a small forward.
Butler, Castagna, Rioli, Higgins, Baker & Bolton can/will all play through the midfield
Stengle is a great replacement for Eddie Betts. Im pretty sure they are related some how as well.

Some saying here he'd be better as a high half forward, like a Richard Douglas for us or something similar?
its funny I read about his speed but most that have seen him play dont think he's that quick.

Quite a mysterious character.

Some saying here he'd be better as a high half forward, like a Richard Douglas for us or something similar?
its funny I read about his speed but most that have seen him play dont think he's that quick.

100% is not quick, if he was he would have been starting 22 this year for sure.

Unfortunately we already have a bunch of blokes that lack speed.
Hopefully his elusiveness can make up for lack of speed?
There is a well know joke going around our coaching staff that he didnt get tackled for almost 2 whole VFL seasons, he is incredible awareness and is build like a wombat, hence the nickname.

Hes not quick by foot in a straight line, but hes quick by mind, agile and evasive (one of those dancing feet movers). His speed wont be an issue offensively, but hes not going to be the small forward to run down someone coming from 20 meters back in a flash like a Rioli can.

Good player, will be extremely sad to lose him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he’s not quick , is elusive and well balanced , reminded me of Matt stokes that played a lot of games for the cats. Wouldn’t surpise me at all if he played a decent amount of senior footy

I saw a bit of Stengle this year. Seems to have a decent tank and run to the right spots. He works hard but his kicking is just average to below average. He's a good player but he's small and lacks a bit of x factor. He should play some afl but he's nothing like eddie betts. He plays a bit like Matthew Stokes.

Stengle is a good player. Seen alot of him play. For Adelaide fans:

PROS:
- Good skills - kicking, marking for his size, set shots, etc
- Goal kicker - knows where they are, could easily kick hauls of 3-4 at AFL occasionally imo. Would be a 25 goal/year+ AFL forward.
- Smart footballer - running patterns, can find enough of it for a forward pocket, etc

CONS:
- Single position player - is a forward pocket and not likely to develop into a midfielder or even half forward due to his size and below average running capacity
- Potential - How much of a ceiling does he have? Is 2018 wasn't much of an improvement on his 2017.
- Defensive pressure - is a goal kicker first, pressure player second. Not terrible if you have other players who can pressure but at his size he should tackle more than he does. This is why Liam Baker, who is nowhere near as talented, was getting games in front of him at AFL level this year.

I think Stengle is one of those players who's best could be very good, but who's worst could also be really bad. If he isn't kicking goals, he isn't doing alot else which I think is where his flaws are.

Stengle is a good player. Seen alot of him play. For Adelaide fans:

PROS:
- Good skills - kicking, marking for his size, set shots, etc
- Goal kicker - knows where they are, could easily kick hauls of 3-4 at AFL occasionally imo. Would be a 25 goal/year+ AFL forward.
- Smart footballer - running patterns, can find enough of it for a forward pocket, etc

CONS:
- Single position player - is a forward pocket and not likely to develop into a midfielder or even half forward due to his size and below average running capacity
- Potential - How much of a ceiling does he have? Is 2018 wasn't much of an improvement on his 2017.
- Defensive pressure - is a goal kicker first, pressure player second. Not terrible if you have other players who can pressure but at his size he should tackle more than he does. This is why Liam Baker, who is nowhere near as talented, was getting games in front of him at AFL level this year.

I think Stengle is one of those players who's best could be very good, but who's worst could also be really bad. If he isn't kicking goals, he isn't doing alot else which I think is where his flaws are.
I don't mind grabbing him if he comes cheap (ie: Pick 50+) but anything more than that i'd rather go to the draft. Sounds like we are going to get McAdam anyway and I don't think there are that many spots up for grabs in our forward line in the next couple years, already got Walker, Jenkins, Fogarty, Lynch, Betts, Murphy, Gallucci etc etc etc

Tyson Stenglein was my favorite Eagle

This is the latest article on the Stengle trade. https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/41902647fc5b9e6ae018753162de80ea

Thoughts? For those that can't access the article has Stengle valued at a fourth round pick. I think that's probably around the mark. Richmond seem happy to let him go somewhere where he'll have an opportunity to make a starting list so I think there won't be much haggling. Crows have pick 73 in the fourth, but the rumours are that we're chasing Ceglar and we'd likely have to figure out how to get a later second or third for him as pick 21 is overs so it may be there's another trade that we pick up an earlier pick in the 50's or 60's that can be used for Stengle if Richmond want more than the 73.

This is the latest article on the Stengle trade. https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/41902647fc5b9e6ae018753162de80ea

Thoughts? For those that can't access the article has Stengle valued at a fourth round pick. I think that's probably around the mark. Richmond seem happy to let him go somewhere where he'll have an opportunity to make a starting list so I think there won't be much haggling. Crows have pick 73 in the fourth, but the rumours are that we're chasing Ceglar and we'd likely have to figure out how to get a later second or third for him as pick 21 is overs so it may be there's another trade that we pick up an earlier pick in the 50's or 60's that can be used for Stengle if Richmond want more than the 73.

Was hoping we'd get away with Carlton's 2019 5th for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back