2nds VFL Round 9 - Geelong V Sandringham. 1PM, Sunday 5th June at Kardinia Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just left the ground, sorry to miss the last quarter. Clark is looking great , kicked 3 in the second quarter, playing mainly as key forward and helping out in the ruck. Vardy much improved on recent weeks. Gregson the best of the AFL boys, Menegola having a go and will improve with a game or two. I wonder how long Clark will play VFL as we are crying out for a second Key forward in the AFL.

Did you see any of it Lana? Im not sure a rep side winning or losing against another rep side , is the same as having 5 kids from that rep side go straight to one club. I agree as time goes on, it must be more difficult to get value , other clubs should have the ability to move them.

I didn't watch it, I just read the match report but given that half of those South Australian's probably won't get drafted (at least at the national draft) the result is telling. Though looking at the numbers it looks like the more fancied QLD academy players under performed the most. This entire year we've been getting told that the potential top 10 talents is full of academy players, but if that was the case then their representative team would be more competitive. My contention is that the players in those environment are overrated as a group and will cost more than they should.

I'm willing to bet we'll draft a couple from Tasmania (zero players in the allies rep team) in this years draft

Last edited:

I didn't watch it, I just read the match report but given that half of those South Australian's probably won't get drafted (at least at the national draft) the result is telling. Though looking at the numbers it looks like the more fancied QLD academy players under performed the most. This entire year we've been getting told that the potential top 10 talents is full of academy players, but if that was the case it was their representative team would be more competitive. My contention is that the players in those environment are overrated as a group and will cost more than they should.

I'm willing to bet we'll draft a couple from Tasmania (zero players in the allies rep team) in this years draft
Was thinking over the weekend as it's been discussed again about Tasmania getting its own team that Wells probably wouldn't be too happy about it as he'd probably miss the chance to get them to Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair effort that considering the limited numbers on the bench.

Glad to hear Clark played so well, I don't think they will bring him straight back to afl without another vfl game or two, but impressive comeback.

I didn't watch it, I just read the match report but given that half of those South Australian's probably won't get drafted (at least at the national draft) the result is telling. Though looking at the numbers it looks like the more fancied QLD academy players under performed the most. This entire year we've been getting told that the potential top 10 talents is full of academy players, but if that was the case then their representative team would be more competitive. My contention is that the players in those environment are overrated as a group and will cost more than they should.

Your contention may have weight . I will say that it seems to Metro quite often play better as a team,, than VicC yet VicC players individually are just as talented if not more. Lets see what the Allies are like over the full set of games. As to them being over rated. Id say exposed more than over rated.

People watching... did Clark play well all game, or was it just a burst of goals in a quarter?

I'm rapt he seemed to go well, just wondering if he was flattered by the numbers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back