Toast Welcome Blake "Sherrif" Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep never rated the bloke in fact loathed him for the so called hype he got but was prepared to give him a chance ,new club etc but yep still soft as butter and worse makes dumb decisions.
Will be depth only here until he gets delisted

I actually never really even knew him at St Kilda, and even didn't notice him much in the 3 games so far for us until for a moment tonight when I thought who was that big guy not Darcy, man.. it looked like he didn't even want to pick up the ball there worried about getting hurt wtf.

I actually never really even knew him at St Kilda, and even didn't notice him much in the 3 games so far for us until for a moment tonight when I thought who was that big guy not Darcy, man.. it looked like he didn't even want to pick up the ball there worried about getting hurt wtf.

Nah.... he is going to be heaps good. He was just average at St Kilda because they are s**t.

Saints practically begged us to take him. No wonder.

I'd like to know his bicep routine.
It's forever been a funny consant thing in footy, I reckon whether it's D grade Saturday arvo ammos or all the way to the elite AFL level. Usually it's always one of the big guys on any team that takes to the field that is the biggest peaheart. Almost never anyone that is actually small in stature and build where you could kind of not blame them for being scared out there.

It's forever been a funny consant thing in footy, I reckon whether it's D grade Saturday arvo ammos or all the way to the elite AFL level. Usually it's always one of the big guys on any team that takes to the field that is the biggest peaheart. Almost never anyone that is actually small in stature and build where you could kind of not blame them for being scared out there.
pretty simply explained really. Big kids get used to being bigger than everyone else and not having to go that hard. Little kids need to be 10 times more courageous. Once the size gap closes down and the little kids get stronger, their attack and mindset can be twice as intimidating as the size and stature of the now littler big kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really poor tonight - looked lost and uncomfortable even when the ball was nowhere near him. Would love to be a fly on the wall at his review.

Yeah he was poor tonight, but I thought he played ok in his 2 previous games and way back when we played Carlton. Think we need to be a bit more patient.

Yeah he was poor tonight, but I thought he played ok in his 2 previous games and way back when we played Carlton. Think we need to be a bit more patient.

He deserves more chances and will get them, but remember he's 24 going on 25 this year. Not a first or second year. I'm not sure failing to bed down a spot in a poor St Kilda side for so many years was all Alan Richardson's fault.

He deserves more chances and will get them, but remember he's 24 going on 25 this year. Not a first or second year. I'm not sure failing to bed down a spot in a poor St Kilda side for so many years was all Alan Richardson's fault.

Looking that way isn't it. I watched him a fair bit at the Saints and he can play, I just don't get what happened last night. Sure those conditions aren't great for a wingman but his attack at the contest was the worst I think I have ever seen. There wasn't a single moment where he looked interested at getting the ball and when the ball came his way he seemed to back off wanting someone else to get it.

He is very very lucky we have so many injuries otherwise that performance gets you dropped for months.

Nah.... he is going to be heaps good. He was just average at St Kilda because they are sh*t.

Saints practically begged us to take him. No wonder.

Goes to show the quality of the Saints posters. They all blamed Richo and his lack of consistency haha. Anyone that knew footy and had seen him play a bit knew he was a squib.

Looking that way isn't it. I watched him a fair bit at the Saints and he can play, I just don't get what happened last night. Sure those conditions aren't great for a wingman but his attack at the contest was the worst I think I have ever seen. There wasn't a single moment where he looked interested at getting the ball and when the ball came his way he seemed to back off wanting someone else to get it.

He is very very lucky we have so many injuries otherwise that performance gets you dropped for months.

He’s a repeat offender. Did it at WP, and continued to do it at the Saints.

Unless his direction from the coaches was to hold back and not crowd the contest to receive the handball and distribute - he didn't put his body on the line to win the ball enough.
I agree to some extent, but when it's your turn you have to go and last night he stepped back a couple of times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back