List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tongala caravan park had a phone call of a 80 year old couple who are driving across the nullarbor to come see where Harley is from - What an affect he is having on people!

I said this would happen

In time I think a visit to Tongala to pay respects will be a part of any Eagles fan travel itinerary when in Victoria

Tongala caravan park had a phone call of a 80 year old couple who are driving across the nullarbor to come see where Harley is from - What an affect he is having on people!
I said this would happen
I suspect the thumb might have been on the scale a little here.

He may be right about this for all I know but pretty sure he said Longmuir would be very nervous the night before he signed an extension
Tbf to Ralph, Longmuir should have been nervous.

Why those bozos retained him let alone re-signed him is beyond me.

Tbf to Ralph, Longmuir should have been nervous.

Why those bozos retained him let alone re-signed him is beyond me.
They re-signed him to stop any coach hot seat rumours, but they only re-signed him for one year which really does nothing to quell the rumours and only made them look indecisive at the time.

Very odd choice at the time and looks even worse today (albeit after close losses to Carlton and Port the hot seat chat was non existent, so who knows).

He is really liking showing up the old stars.
Made Dusty look completely uninterested. Poor Harley had to do a diving stretch to get close enough to him to get the don't argue in.
With Fyfe, well he just sat him in his ass, same as he did to Gulden.

Looking fwd to see what he does to the likes of Neale, Danger, Pendles, Cripps etc

The Vic media people talking up $2m a year for Harley have alterior motives. They would dearly love WCE to park our salary cap in one player to stop us building a team around him. Hopefully WCE are explaining the equation to Harley as to how his football legacy and salary negotiations are intertwined. Prioritising $$ could set him up for years of frustration as the best player in an underperforming team, whereas moderating his salary expectation significantly improves his chances of team success (and thereby his own footballing legacy and enjoyment).

What if Harley incurs a long term injury? How does that affect his present pay packet, and long term prospects. Do they get paid the same regardless? eg - if out for a season?

Also off topic, But apparently Yeo is wanting a hefty pay packet in next deal. How does that work with someone who has a history of injuries and could happen again? Also has been loyally supported by the club during those long term injuries, does that factor into his next deal?
Yep is currently playing at AA level. If that continues, then he deserves to be paid at that level.

The Vic media people talking up $2m a year for Harley have alterior motives. They would dearly love WCE to park our salary cap in one player to stop us building a team around him. Hopefully WCE are explaining the equation to Harley as to how his football legacy and salary negotiations are intertwined. Prioritising $$ could set him up for years of frustration as the best player in an underperforming team, whereas moderating his salary expectation significantly improves his chances of team success (and thereby his own footballing legacy and enjoyment).
We are a very smart football club with extremely great retention.
If not for all the Couzo/drug crap I suspect Judd would have been a one club player, he wasn't going to say he wants a trade back to Vic because of the drug culture at the club he captained and won a flag at.

People underrate success a little when comparing it to playing in a big Vic club at the MCG.
As long as we are on the winning curve and start playing finals soon he should want to hang around.
If we have proved one thing in 35+ years it is that we regularly play in and win finals and premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From this report his looking for a multi-year deal. Could have 4-5 years of footy left in him, but could be one injury away from never seeing him again.

View attachment 1968160
In this form, Yeo is the no 1 player in the afl bar none, including Harley. Other than shuey having the biggest GF of all time, yeo was the no 1 player in 18 and most of 19.

Don't f***around with this. Pay him the money and make it 3 years with an extension clause.

Have to pay someone with our riches. Rather Yeo than spud English.

In this form, Yeo is the no 1 player in the afl bar none, including Harley. Other than shuey having the biggest GF of all time, yeo was the no 1 player in 18 and most of 19.

Don't f***around with this. Pay him the money and make it 3 years with an extension clause.

Have to pay someone with our riches. Rather Yeo than spud English.

We don’t need to be so hasty.

A couple of things to point out. Yeo has been paid incredibly well the past four years and has played very little. I’m certain he would feel owed the club a little loyalty and will not be looking to extract every dollar from us.

Secondly he is 6 games into the 2024 season after playing only 37 games in four years.

I hope his body holds up, I hope he is finally over his injuries, god knows we all love seeing him playing again and he deserves a bit of good luck but no way in hell am I rushing to re-sign him at this stage of the season. Open negotiations and make sure any contract extension is triggered by games played. Now and into following seasons.

We don’t need to be so hasty.

A couple of things to point out. Yeo has been paid incredibly well the past four years and has played very little. I’m certain he would feel owed the club a little loyalty and will not be looking to extract every dollar from us.

Secondly he is 6 games into the 2024 season after playing only 37 games in four years.

I hope his body holds up, I hope he is finally over his injuries, god knows we all love seeing him playing again and he deserves a bit of good luck but no way in hell am I rushing to re-sign him at this stage of the season. Open negotiations and make sure any contract extension is triggered by games played. Now and into following seasons.

Don't be so sure on Yeo, he was very pissed about how his injuries have been handled. Felt as though he was doing all the right things and it was on the club.

Is this good? i'm not sure as can't recall the last rising star we had that had anything resembling an apperance on the leaderboards.
View attachment 1967882

What is Harley's stats against the comp?
Don't be so sure on Yeo, he was very pissed about how his injuries have been handled. Felt as though he was doing all the right things and it was on the club.
Unfortunately for Yeo he is the wrong side of thirty, played less than 50% of games in the last three years. And with travel and being the main guy in CBA I am not sure his body will last for three with how he plays (bash and crash)

It is what it is, the club needs to grow up and at some point and start playing the hard line. If they go down that path, it needs to have a never-ending clause of triggers because I don't see his end holding up the deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back