Player Watch Welcome James Blanck. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Got an absolute unit with pace and a nice kick for the price of a half eaten can of pringles - fingers crossed but he looks pretty reliable
Reckon they were more those ALDI variety imitation pringles. Go well Blankety blanck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredibly important pick-up, this big unit.
Aside from the injured ruckmen, the player we’ve really missed is the strong Brian Lake type full back. We’ve had to use undersized (or underweighted) GrangerB or Frost to play on the forward monsters.
Just give James B a 10 minute highlights package - on repeat all week - of Lake and then let him off the leash next week.

What absolutely astounds me is how in hell our brains trust determined that we could take him with pick 20!
Because Ramsden looks like a long term gun. Assessing risk and reward.
COVID’s been good for us because we seem to have picked up players with limited exposure and form, starting with Newcombe.

Aside from the injured ruckmen, the player we’ve really missed is the strong Brian Lake type full back. We’ve had to use undersized (or underweighted) GrangerB or Frost to play on the forward monsters.
Just give James B a 10 minute highlights package - on repeat all week - of Lake and then let him off the leash next week.

What absolutely astounds me is how in hell our brains trust determined that we could take him with pick 20!
COVID’s been good for us because we seem to have picked up players with limited exposure and form, starting with Newcombe.
Blanck had 18 month contract terms on his head going in so I think they gambled that other clubs wouldn’t take him without the intel that we had with him being under our nose at BH. It was a risky move but once Carlton chose Durden the gamble payed off. Hopefully both players can make the cut.

James Blanck – Box Hill
21yo – 195cm – 80kg

Another young and exciting prospect from the Box Hill Hawks factory, Blanck has consistently performed in defence since his debut last year. Boasting speed for a tall defender and a good rebounding ability, he’s averaged 9.6 disposals and 2.9 marks per game this season. Hawthorn have had their eye on him to add to their key defender stocks.

W
Seems a pretty handy spoiler and pretty clean and agile at ground level for a tall. Not a huge intercepting game etc but not needed in our side.
What we need is the big negating defender who has 1 specific job. Doesn't need to be any more than that. Watching 2MP tear us a new one and has done nothing since is enough evidence for me.

James Blanck – Box Hill
21yo – 195cm – 80kg

Another young and exciting prospect from the Box Hill Hawks factory, Blanck has consistently performed in defence since his debut last year. Boasting speed for a tall defender and a good rebounding ability, he’s averaged 9.6 disposals and 2.9 marks per game this season. Hawthorn have had their eye on him to add to their key defender stocks.
Pretty sure someone mentioned he’s now 95kgs

Aside from the injured ruckmen, the player we’ve missed is the strong Brian Lake type full back. We’ve had to use undersized (or underweighted) GrangerB or Frost to play on the forward monsters.
Just give James B a 10-minute highlights package - on repeat all week - of Lake and then let him off the leash next week.

What astounds me is how in hell our brains trust determined that we could take him with pick 20!
Exactly. We haven't replaced Brian Lake. I doubt he becomes as good as Lake, but at least we can now say we have a replacement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back