Remove this Banner Ad

SK_MD_#7

Captain Dunstan
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Welcome to the St Kilda Football Club number 8 draft pick: Nick Coffield

Last edited:

We've had a good night tonight fellas. Nick Coffield is a fantastic selection at 8. Was high as top 5 on some draft boards. Can play mid and half back. Give him #11.

Wasn't quite sure that Coffield is what we needed, but I was worried that we would push Clark aside to take him. Given that Clark is in the bag I am really stoked that we have brought him in. Elite ball user, big body, pace to burn. Will be a solid citizen at AFL level. The question is where will he play. A few wanted us to take a risk on players with high ceilings, well there is probably no ceiling higher than Coff's IF he can transition into a full time mid resting back.

All said and done, welcome to the Saints Nick Coffield!

I can actually see nick transitioning to AFL level very quickly off half back. Will allow us to play a savage or robbo on a attacking wing. His ceiling is how much he wants midfield time. Has the skills to play as a winger but can he rotate. Great selection

Everyone should go and watch the interview with Coff and Clarke on the AFL website. Clarke seems a bit over-awed, but Coff is the absolute ****. Composed, eloquent... my favourite part is when they make reference to him being a doggies supporter and he says "I used to be". Love him already

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’m so excited with Coff he just has such a strong all round game. For everyone sayig he doesn’t have a contested game fine let’s say he doesn’t I guarantee with good coaching he will. He is by fair the best decision maker in the draft better then cerra. He has a great mix of speed, agility and also strength to get his hands free. If you look st the photos of him his frame has so much potential he is listed I think 190.8 could still grow. I pray that we try and make him into an inside mid.
Mm Goat, coff, and Clarke

Seriously though he is seriously good. Never ever panicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speedy, Classy, Immaculate kick, Natural leader :thumbsu:
This kid is tall and somewhat underweight. He has plenty of work ahead of him to bulk up and then build a tank.
May take a few years to perfect his physique but has enormous potential.

Very pleased with his selection ;)

I'm bullish about this kid and very excited that he fell to us.

Coffield looked the best player in the draft in my eyes, and a player that had with attributes we need more than anyone else available. Great ball user, decision-maker, speed and composure. He simply ticks every box we'd want. If people can get past the whole "he's a half-back" thing and see that footy is getting more and more about being able to play in multiple areas of the ground, as a supporter base we should all be hailing this pick as a great one on draft night.

I'm confident that in a few years, when he is a star in our team and the competition, we'll look back on this pick very fondly.

According to Georgie boy, Nick reads BF. So on that basis, welcome Nick!

Welcome aboard young man. Just a small piece of advice, maybe steer clear of the disco on a sat night. Us ferals can get a bit rowdy sometimes. ;)

According to Georgie boy, Nick reads BF. So on that basis, welcome Nick!

Welcome aboard young man. Just a small piece of advice, maybe steer clear of the disco on a sat night. Us ferals can get a bit rowdy sometimes. ;)
The Disco is the only place the young bloke should tread.
Keep away from the keyboard heros willing to shitcan a kid because he didnt do something they could never have done.

Actually, best to delete your account.

The Disco is the only place the young bloke should tread.
Keep away from the keyboard heros willing to shitcan a kid because he didnt do something they could never have done.

Actually, best to delete your account.

Good points there joff.

Though it makes me wonder, an 18 year old kid and the saints disco.....

Nah, what could possibly go wrong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back