Toast Welcome to Fremantle Ethan Stanley - 2023 Mid Season Draft Pick 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of an Acres vibe to him.
Go Away GIF

Many mock drafts had him going to Hawthorn with pick 3. Reckon Freo were stoked when Hawthorn opted to use their first pick to screw over GWS, and take another ruckman! Hawks were probably hoping that Ethan would still be there with their second selection. Nope. 🙂

Now we have a right footed NoD for the opposite wing. Perfectly balanced as all things should be...
infinity war avengers GIF

Last edited:
A big bodied endurance runner with burst speed and a good kick who kicks goals?

... as a rookie pick?

It's more likely that he is being described higher than his actual ability compared to AFL players, but that's exactly the sort of player we want to come through to the AFL side and work out.

At the right age to play ten years with us. Hopefully a late bloomer like Clayton Oliver, but just an even later bloomer to have missed the draft.

He sounds like someone who has been progressing better. Like the way Geelong had no intention of blooding youth - seems they would rather buy other developed players

Liked the way he won his own ball in those highlights, looked like Brodie when he shot out that handball. That’s a good trait for a wingman & not really something Sharpe does, whom I presume is not on the radar now which is not a bad thing.

Love the description in that article. Elite endurance, plays taller by taking the ball at the top of its arc, genuine burst speed & kicks it like a mule. Could be an inspired pick.
Perfect project player.
A couple of elite wingers has been our biggest need other than someone coming up behind Walters.
NOD is one. Perhaps between this kid & Worner we have another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharp was never going to come to us this year. Had a big sook after last year and will probably end up on the Eagles list or unemployed. He has no interest in coming over anymore, and I doubt we have any interest in him anymore tbh. Has shown nothing this year, and his VFL numbers aren't exactly standing out either.

Whilst not surprising we drafted a winger as it’s clearly a list need, I am a little surprised we drafted one who’s clearly a project player that’ll take a year at least to come on.
Says to me we have no plans to push Young, Clark or Chapman up into that role in the future, which does surprise me as we have too much talent in the back half with Wilson, Wagner and Worner all waiting for an opportunity and Chapman injured.

Sharp was never going to come to us this year. Had a big sook after last year and will probably end up on the Eagles list or unemployed. He has no interest in coming over anymore, and I doubt we have any interest in him anymore tbh. Has shown nothing this year, and his VFL numbers aren't exactly standing out either.
This sounds more like spreading rumours then actual fact.

He unfollowed Freo on Insta and started following wce almost immediately after the trade period. He was not following g wce before hand and was following freo. I am being in serious in saying that it’s very compelling evidence.
I don't agree with that being very compelling evidence.

He'd rather get a real job than play for freo? Well good luck sport

I don't agree with that being very compelling evidence.

He'd rather get a real job than play for freo? Well good luck sport
It’s enough evidence to tell you that he’s not happy with the club. If wce want him he’ll go there. I’m sure if we want him and wce don’t then he’ll end up here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back