Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Brandon Walker (Pick 50)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has his brother played this year?
Has been training with Freo, working full time, and playing for Easts (reserves). Kid doesn't stop. Had some minor health issues making it hard to build and keep on muscle but seems to be now overcoming that. Brandon's the live in the moment, sanguine, party boy. Chris is the deep thinking, calculated, responsible genius. Builds computers in his spare time. Like talking to a 30yo but not in that faux mature way some kids think you want to hear. Worth an NGA late pick up if there is a spot.

Best NGA selection so far I’d say
With respect to Henry, its not even close at the moment.

Walker is at worst going to be a B grade half back for 150 games IMO, scope to win an AA or two if we are lucky

Henry could still be anything and still be nothing...

I'll add that in fairness, Walker is extremely developed already, he's absolute tank

Exit Stephen Hill
Enter Brandon Walker
It’s so fitting 👌

You can just tell he's got what it takes. he was meant to be developing in the WAFL for the year and instead he's carved out a spot for himself in our defence

I think Walker's a big reason as to why NGA's past pick 40 is still going to be helpful. Sometimes recruiters get it wrong (Walker should have at least gone Top 35, and that's just not because of his games so far, but also because his draft year was worthy of it too). If we can get talent like him coming through once every 2-3 years (Or even more) then we're winners.

We might lose the odd talented bloke every now and then, but we'll find diamonds like Brandon still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't follow the WA media so this may already be happening (I highly doubt it) but if he was playing for WC the circle jerk would be in full swing at 7 West.

I don't follow the WA media so this may already be happening (I highly doubt it) but if he was playing for WC the circle jerk would be in full swing at 7 West.

No it wouldn’t. He doesn’t even touch it ten times a game.

He shows very impressive glimpses but that’s about it at this stage.

Yep. Massive difference between having a Hughes or Conca holding the ball up in transition giving the other mob a chance to setup v a guy like Walker who isn’t afraid to just run with the ball & take on tackles.
Really attacking, fast running half backs like this are gold in the current game.
Between him & Wilson & Young’s long kicking we look a far better prospect from defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Massive difference between having a Hughes or Conca holding the ball up in transition giving the other mob a chance to setup v a guy like Walker who isn’t afraid to just run with the ball & take on tackles.
Really attacking, fast running half backs like this are gold in the current game.
Between him & Wilson & Young’s long kicking we look a far better prospect from defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree, however they also need to do the hard stuff like tackling.

No it wouldn’t. He doesn’t even touch it ten times a game.

He shows very impressive glimpses but that’s about it at this stage.
He started his career with 13 touches and has been sgteadily dropping ever since. Only got 5 yesterday. It's a bit because as others have mentioned he's way more direct and attacking than some of our other defenders. I wonder if they're not looking for him yet or if he's not running to the right spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back