Toast Welcome To Freo Cooper Simpson (pick 35 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not an ideal comparison, but it'll do in a pinch. 😜

Reminds me a bit more of peak Ballas actually - similar leg speed, very steady trunk, strong through the hips. I reckon Coops has a higher ceiling than Ballas did though.

Ballantyne was All Australian one year. He was a gun for over half his career and above average for the rest. He kicked over 50 goals in a season.

I loved the look of this bloke as much as everyone but imagine this page when he has 12 touches and a goal!
jizz in my pants GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ll score 150 when he touches it 30 times is what I choose to believe
In all seriousness can you imagine FreoBigFooty if Simpson has a decent stat line of say 3 goals and 12 possessions in a game this season. Im all in on the hype too so Im not having a go at those getting excited. Its just something about what he does with ball in hand and the way he moves around the football field that makes me think we have something special.

In all seriousness can you imagine FreoBigFooty if Simpson has a decent stat line of say 3 goals and 12 possessions in a game this season. Im all in on the hype too so Im not having a go at those getting excited. Its just something about what he does with ball in hand and the way he moves around the football field that makes me think we have something special.

Cooper Judd Simpson

At Subi there was a group of lads sat a few rows behind me who would get up and sing “Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling Ballantyne” when Ballas scored
Lol i recon that was one of my best mates and his family, they sit near me at optus and the first game sitting near them they started doing it.

I can still remember the look I gave them

Lol i recon that was one of my best mates and his family, they sit near me at optus and the first game sitting near them they started doing it.

I can still remember the look I gave them
Since presumably there was only one group of Oh My Darling Ballantyne singers: They were in the same block as me at the GF (standing room in the dungeon in the SE pocket).

We’ll score 150 when he touches it 30 times is what I choose to believe
It’s not always going to be like that, but he’s got the Stephen Hill’s mate.

If he gets 20-30 the other guys are in big trouble.

Kids who break lines like that, then make the right decisions, then make the kick are like rocking horse poop.

That’s his next step. Regular possession counts of 15-20.
I’d love him on the fat side flank with Sharp. They could do some real damage up and down that wing

It’s not always going to be like that, but he’s got the Stephen Hill’s mate.

If he gets 20-30 the other guys are in big trouble.

Kids who break lines like that, then make the right decisions, then make the kick are like rocking horse poop.

That’s his next step. Regular possession counts of 15-20.
I’d love him on the fat side flank with Sharp. They could do some real damage up and down that wing
Nah he belongs on the thin side creating space where there isn't any, not waiting on the far side for other people to do what is necessary first.

boy I hope he gets to play again (as in not dropped). I wanna see more of this "good stuff", but at the proper level please!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back