Toast Welcome to Freo, James Aish!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty happy to get him and he defo slots straight into the best 22. I'm hoping this could potentially see Wilson move up the ground to the wing if JLo sees Aish playing across half-back.

Wonder if we’ll remember or care that we downgraded one of our oh so precious 2020 second round picks for him at the end of the season?

Proven player who I’m sure will be a valuable player for us.

Welcome to Freo!
We will just trade our next years second on a player. It's a common theme

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue - Hamling - Ryan
Wilson - Pearce - Aish

Not too shabby at all.

Depth
Hughes
Duman
Watson
Carter

Might be Hughes or Duman over Logue. I think there's a risk with having 3 KPDs in one defense.

A fit Alex Pearce and Nathan Wilson next season along with adding Aish should make for yet another step up for our back line. I think a few have forgotten how good it was in the first third of the season.

Hughes ~ Hamling ~ Ryan
Wilson ~ Pearce ~ Aish

I still have Hughes ahead of Logue myself but will be interesting if we play 7 defenders in the B22 next season. Think these 7 are the ones if so.

I'm not in the play Stephen Hill off half back thought group. We need his delivery i50 and wouldn't the wing be the place with the least chance of injury? Hope we don't see Cerra, Blakely or Conca playing off half back again (unless we have no choice).

I like the idea of him on a wing. We need to replace Langdon and this bloke is an upgrade overhead and skills wise. Remains to be seen if he can replace Ed's best assets which for mine was his defensive work.

Stephen Hill to the other wing and we haven't lost much at all. Will be great to hopefully see Shill back where he belongs running free and kicking the ball lace out inside 50.

Very happy with this trade, absolute bargain.

You naturally get more prone to this as you get older but James Aish coming to Fremantle has made me wax nostalgic for his uncle who was such a wonderful player in state games and by extension for Norwood. Smooth and calm mover on the field, I'm sure more than a few of the older posters here remember him well. It feels nice to have an Aish at Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back