Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Looney Tunes Attack GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem
Yep, he’s a nutter.

We desperately lack some cumt in our forward half and I like the cut of his jib when comes to making a nuisance of himself

worth persisting in the front half. will needs to spend the summer working on the art of forward play and running to the right spots

he does launch at packs which is something we don’t have an abundance of

Wasn't so great in the second half, but it wasn't his fault, as the Dees put the game on their terms. I'm not sure he'll be a full-time key forward, and it seems Sam and the staff still want him to be a defender based on what they have said, but I think he could be a very useful swingman. This swing forward has certainly done him good. It has allowed him to rediscover the talents that made him arguably the best player in the 2020 Draft and has also allowed him to get more of the ball. I really do hope this move to the forward line allows him to establish himself at this level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked to have more energy left in the second half compared to usual I think.

Is it happening?

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Tried to take a hanger in the last.

Three months ago he's puffing on the oxygen tank on the bench.

Wasn't so great in the second half, but it wasn't his fault, as the Dees put the game on their terms. I'm not sure he'll be a full-time key forward, and it seems Sam and the staff still want him to be a defender based on what they have said, but I think he could be a very useful swingman. This swing forward has certainly done him good. It has allowed him to rediscover the talents that made him arguably the best player in the 2020 Draft and has also allowed him to get more of the ball. I really do hope this move to the forward line allows him to establish himself at this level.
Sam kinda had to say that they still see him as a Defender (long term), otherwise he's effectively saying that DGB isn't going to make it in Defence & being thrown Forward is his only hope.

I agree that he's not a KPF, but think he could be insane as a 3rd Tall FWD.

He's 195cm/85kg/21yrs & appears to be slowly developing into his height. Could well be 93+kg by the time he's 25 & strong AF to match his speed/leap. Would be a nightmare match-up!

Would like to see him play alongside Lewis + Ryan, but then who plays 2nd Ruck???

I hope we settle him in to one position, at present i think he has shown more as a forward but i hope he has a defined role going in to the off season.

Being a genuine swingman is one of the hardest things to excel at in the game. Let him learn his forward craft over the pre season and attack a full year where he knows they will persist with him in that role.

Imagine if he held onto that mark at the begginning of the first quarter where he ran back with the flight of the ball without any concern for his life. Was Jonathon Brown esque. We would be all jumping on that bandwagon!

We’re very quick to question players futures particularly considering he’s a big kid. If he wasn’t our highest pick in years there wouldn’t be all the expectation on him.
Fantastic to see DGB start to show some form as his confidence builds.
He should get a 5 year extension purely on the fact he ran in to pat Oliver on the head during the 1/4 time scuffle

I stupidly panicked early on, but so many examples of players progression that you can link to DGB. The latest one I think about is Nathan Murphy at pies. 193cm, drafted as intercept defender in 2017, took him 5 years to start getting regular games. Now looks a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back