Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I took an approach with Mitchell Lewis that I think I’ll try again with Jeka...

That despite the promise he exhibits I will just assume he won’t make it.

That way if he never made it I wouldn’t feel too disappointed about it. But that if he did then it would be a very sweet surprise.

And I can tell you I’ve been very satisfied with the result of that so far!

Arrogance is just a s**t human quality...

I hope we as a culture are never 'mature' enough to embrace 'arrogance' as a desirable trait in our sportspeople
People often mistake confidence or assurance for arrogance

Also anxiety being masked by bravado

People have no clue most of the time.

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer on this guy but I hope he does better for us than the game he put up against Eastern Rangers.
Was held touchless up until 3/4 time so much so that he wanted to punch on with Joel Nathan (Rangers) during the break, Nathan was heard to tell him he still had a whole quarter to get his hands on the footy. Jeka kicked a goal in the last, Joel gets third best on ground for Eastern.

Footnote not a single Eastern player gets picked in the draft, know for a fact that $wans, Port and Bulldogs told one kid they would take him second round onward (no dice) then that night $wans call him to say they would 100% rookie him (again no dice) that night from the $wans Crickets.

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer on this guy but I hope he does better for us than the game he put up against Eastern Rangers.
Was held touchless up until 3/4 time so much so that he wanted to punch on with Joel Nathan (Rangers) during the break, Nathan was heard to tell him he still had a whole quarter to get his hands on the footy. Jeka kicked a goal in the last, Joel gets third best on ground for Eastern.

Footnote not a single Eastern player gets picked in the draft, know for a fact that $wans, Port and Bulldogs told one kid they would take him second round onward (no dice) then that night $wans call him to say they would 100% rookie him (again no dice) that night from the $wans Crickets.

Gee that poor kid.

Maybe the Rangers need to have a good look at their program and some involved in it .

Eastern Ranges didn't have a single player selected?

Jesus. That's unusual for a team that finished runner-up in the U18 Grand Final.

For some reason I just assumed Mitch Mellis had been picked up.

If it was just that then mitchell lewis would have done the same. Kids got something not easy to outmark sis in a one on one
Sis is very good at marking the ball when his opponent is ALSO trying to mark it. Where he fell down was trying to mark it when his opponent was trying to spoil it. So outmarking Sis is a real feather in the cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sis is very good at marking the ball when his opponent is ALSO trying to mark it. Where he fell down was trying to mark it when his opponent was trying to spoil it. So outmarking Sis is a real feather in the cap.
So the weakest part of Sicily's game is in marking the ball when his opponent is trying to spoil. Given he plays mostly as a key defender on a taller opposition key forward, that's already a win in my book. Just goes to show how much awe he is held in by opposition.

On the subject of Sicily's weaknesses, another one is when trying to mark the ball while getting assaulted by his opponent. ;)

Wasn't Cassar, was it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back