Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly even if he’s back in time for pre-season early next year that’s a huge win for us. If he’s on ice this year I’ll be devastated as he’s a huge out for the games we have coming up - especially when we have to win pretty much all of them to make finals. I’ll be equally devastated for him as I think he had a massive shot at a PCM. But if he’s back even early rounds next year I’ll be over the moon.
You'd take back for the preseason every day of the week

I reckon it's more likely to be both ACL and medial.

I base this on nothing else but the massive amount of flex that his knee suffered. I can't imagine escaping an ACL with that degree of impact.

Not to blame but contributed

sdff-jpg.713245

I reckon it's more likely to be both ACL and medial.

I base this on nothing else but the massive amount of flex that his knee suffered. I can't imagine escaping an ACL with that degree of impact.
Doubt its medial, the knee normally has to wrench inwards. Initial hawthorn doctors report was lcl tear with the possibility of an acl. I was told by my physio that it’s fairly unlikely that u year the lcl without damage to the acl, so not great news, but he might be a lucky one

If the AFL made a rule change for sliding into contests, surely they're going to do something about this push in the back during marking contest stuff.

This incident and the Jack Lonie incidents both exactly the same. Bloke who's clearly making no attempt to spoil the ball pushes(using body or hands) the marking player out causing them to land awkwardly.

Also similar to Robby Gray's incident in 2012, where collingwood defender body's him under the ball.

And Aaron Blacks last year when ben brown nudges him under the ball in a marking contest.

Bottom line is if the AFL is going to be serious about protecting the players, need to cut this crap out of the game. I'm not talking about body-work/strength battles while players are on the ground, but to push someone out of the air is a dirty move and needs to be addressed imo

Geelong germ pushing in the back major reason for the injury
I think it’s a bit harsh casting blame on the Geelong player. He did whatever any other player would do in a marking contest. It probably happens 50 times a game but unluckily it got Impey off balance causing him to misjudge the landing. That’s why this game can be so unbelievably harsh at times.

I think it’s a bit harsh casting blame on the Geelong player. He did whatever any other player would do in a marking contest. It probably happens 50 times a game but unluckily it got Impey off balance causing him to misjudge the landing. That’s why this game can be so unbelievably harsh at times.
I'm fine with contesting a marking contest, but when you're clearly not going to spoil it really is dangerous to take out the body of an airborne player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt its medial, the knee normally has to wrench inwards. Initial hawthorn doctors report was lcl tear with the possibility of an acl. I was told by my physio that it’s fairly unlikely that u year the lcl without damage to the acl, so not great news, but he might be a lucky one
Watching the replay on the screen at the ground there looked to be a heap of bend towards the outside of the knee, and then of course that twist too. This paragraph on LCL injuries made my stomach sink as it could describe what we saw exactly. :(

How is the LCL typically injured?
Injuries to the LCL are less common than the MCL, occuring approximately 25% of the time. The LCL is usually damaged with a sudden varus force or twisting the knee, such as when attempting to change directions when the foot is planted on the ground. It should be noted that the LCL and MCL are both susceptible to repetitive stress that can cause an overuse injury over time.

Sicily didn’t seem to think it was kosher having words with the Cats player whilst waiting for the stretcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back