Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Ned Reeves. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to have a glimpse at what Reeves is going to become rewatch the first half of the Easter Monday game.
Exactly.
He was everywhere. First hands to it, a couple of big marks. Then the shoulder went
He was starting to get confidence back in his shoulder then the club sent him for surgery

Is that a bit of tractor dust in Big Boys eye there?
Seems the two of them had a great bond.

Reeves spoke so glowingly of BigBoy at the PCM, he genuinely loved being taught by someone who he had so much respect for, and it shows that McEvoy really appreciated Reeves for being such a good listener.

Seems the two of them had a great bond.

Reeves spoke so glowingly of BigBoy at the PCM, he genuinely loved being taught by someone who he had so much respect for, and it shows that McEvoy really appreciated Reeves for being such a good listener.
Gee that BB video, he was quite emotional there. I hadn't understood the relationship those 2 had.....warms the heart

The only thing that Reeves needs to improve on is taking more marks around the ground. He averages only 1 mark per game. At the moment he doesn’t get to enough marking contests like McEvoy used to. If he can add that to his game then no reason why he couldn’t dominate in the ruck.

The only thing that Reeves needs to improve on is taking more marks around the ground. He averages only 1 mark per game. At the moment he doesn’t get to enough marking contests like McEvoy used to. If he can add that to his game then no reason why he couldn’t dominate in the ruck.
He's only 24 yrs old and played 20 odd games. No injuries plzzzz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's only 24 yrs old and played 20 odd games. No injuries plzzzz.
To be fair…..only ruckmen get to 24 with only 17 games under their belt and continue to survive in the AFL.

He will stay on our list for another 6 seasons regardless of injury.

Ned Reeves was excellent in that 1st half against GWS and OK in the 2nd half. Flynn is a good ruck and Reeves dominated with great taps to advantage. Better still, he started to pack mark around the ground. Ned dominated the pack with his weight and then took the mark with his height. Dare I say it, he is starting to believe.

Ned Reeves was excellent in that 1st half against GWS and OK in the 2nd half. Flynn is a good ruck and Reeves dominated with great taps to advantage. Better still, he started to pack mark around the ground. Ned dominated the pack with his weight and then took the mark with his height. Dare I say it, he is starting to believe.
Probably also getting some more confidence in his body after coming back from his shoulder surgery. I do notice that he often starts well and fades in the second half, feel like fitness is still an issue. Looking forward to see him continue to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back