Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson!

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree tbh. The showboating/s**t talking is what gives him and the players energy. Remove that and you remove a lot of what makes these kids tick
totally agree - Papley is all this and wins games of football.

Wiz needs a 4+ goal game to announce himself - then watch out. Also would like some protection for him, Hardwick or Chol just in case teams try to get in his face need an enforcer just to calm things down

totally agree - Papley is all this and wins games of football.

Wiz needs a 4+ goal game to announce himself - then watch out. Also would like some protection for him, Hardwick or Chol just in case teams try to get in his face need an enforcer just to calm things down
Should have had a 3 pack yesterday.

The 4s will come. He will nick a couple of quick first quarter goals soon and he'll be on. I can't wait for the day he does it

Building nicely and showing a rounded game a level above most every first year small forward that comes to mind (save for the obvious one).

If we ever get a game to really open up, watch him wind up on the end of attacking chains.

Contributes already though, is just a massive competitor, there's no easy ball when he's around a contest.

Last edited:
Disagree tbh. The showboating/s**t talking is what gives him and the players energy. Remove that and you remove a lot of what makes these kids tick

Was going to say this exact thing. It was funny during the collingwood game how certain players stood up as soon as T.Mitchell started throwing lip around and Ginni was getting targeted.

I’m a big fan of the niggle tbh, showboating is more Ginnis thing but the kids love it. I remember being obsessed with goal celebrations when I was about 10 years old so you gotta see it from the kids perspective sometimes too .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love everything bar the showboating. As a rule I don't like our players goading the opposition after turnovers, free kicks etc. Let the scoreboard do the talking.
Anyways, he's had a very solid start to his career. Playing the toughest position on the ground and having 3+ shots on goal most weeks is quite amazing tbh

I thought the tap on the opponent rear when he got the 50m was almost ‘sorry buddy, I did well/got lucky there’ vibe

The intercept and then handball goal assist to Croc for the first goal against the Saints was great.

7 score involvements, good pressure, good goals.

Just love that he's in our colours. Going to be a very good player
That was the play for me too, reminded me of Cyril's intercept and quick hands to Breust in the 2015 grand final.

He is short but he is an explosive little nugget with unbelievable nous, spring like leap, agility to burn with turbo gear changes from start to top speed ….. and has plenty of confidence in his own ability. From a couple of things I have seen him do at training close up over summer we haven’t seen anything yet!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back