Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I've never heard the term of "half 🐀 power" Please elaborate if you can 🧐
He seemed to do very little discretionary running. Pretty much stayed on his flank and was not noticeable. Howie stood out like a beacon. Day looked like he was very gradually easing back into things. I suspect they are managing his injury rather than it being overcome.

He seemed to do very little discretionary running. Pretty much stayed on his flank and was not noticeable. Howie stood out like a beacon. Day looked like he was very gradually easing back into things. I suspect they are managing his injury rather than it being overcome.
He is being managed mate they are controlling his minutes i am sure. He has said himself that there is no pain in the ankle anymore. However they are being conservative with him and that is understandable

It's called little preseason and lacking match fitness nothing about managing an injury

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked like he was blowing a gale. Looks to need another run in the VFL - hope so as should be able to get there to watch.
I reckon exerting himself to that point was the whole plan. The fact he was able to reach that point of exhaustion is precisely why he should come back in. It means he wasn't prevented from doing so by his foot/ankle.

I reckon exerting himself to that point was the whole plan. The fact he was able to reach that point of exhaustion is precisely why he should come back in. It means he wasn't prevented from doing so by his foot/ankle.
Yep only needs to play 50% odd game time. Sam doesn't care about win and loss some people seem to be stuck in a Clarkson mindste of the last few years of protecting margins.

He's not like a CJ in terms of freak runner. I favour him playing a full game at VFL level this week then back in. We know he can play if we can get another game into Maginness this week it helps the bigger picture.

He's not like a CJ in terms of freak runner. I favour him playing a full game at VFL level this week then back in. We know he can play if we can get another game into Maginness this week it helps the bigger picture.
Yeah RR you're the bigger man but i want Day get him in for a selfish prick... yours truly

I was a fan of Maginness' work on the weekend, but he's not really quality enough to make any real change to the bigger picture. Day has the scope to be a star of the competition and getting him back at the level helps the bigger picture far more than playing Maginness who is much more speculative.

Given the club has already intentionally put him on a drawn out and slow program to get back playing there isn't really a massive need to keep him out. I'd put money down that Sam is just being cagey, reckon he has no intention to leave Day out of returning to the game in Adelaide in front of his family.

I was a fan of Maginness' work on the weekend, but he's not really quality enough to make any real change to the bigger picture. Day has the scope to be a star of the competition and getting him back at the level helps the bigger picture far more than playing Maginness who is much more speculative.

Given the club has already intentionally put him on a drawn out and slow program to get back playing there isn't really a massive need to keep him out. I'd put money down that Sam is just being cagey, reckon he has no intention to leave Day out of returning to the game in Adelaide in front of his family.
I think Sam is quite reasonably playing down the prospect of him playing as they would make that call late in the week pending how he pulls up. He may well play but I am sure he will only play if he is physically ready. We won't rush him now after taking a conservative path with him. It also concerns me that we took CJ, Mitchell, Omeara, Wingard and Worpel into the game with all of the under done to some degree. Adding another underdone player won't be great for the side against a better opponent unless a few from that group are clearly improved for the run on Sunday. I won't be surprised if Omega or Worpel come out if they didn't pull up well as clearly both were hampered.

I think Sam is quite reasonably playing down the prospect of him playing as they would make that call late in the week pending how he pulls up. He may well play but I am sure he will only play if he is physically ready. We won't rush him now after taking a conservative path with him. It also concerns me that we took CJ, Mitchell, Omeara, Wingard and Worpel into the game with all of the under done to some degree. Adding another underdone player won't be great for the side against a better opponent unless a few from that group are clearly improved for the run on Sunday. I won't be surprised if Omega or Worpel come out if they didn't pull up well as clearly both were hampered.
Of course they don't confirm or deny anything around team selection until it happens, but I stand by my opinion that it's caginess more than anything and that Day is beyond the point of ever being rushed back. If his ankle is fine enough to play football, which it should be considering he was put on an extremely conservative path and has been given VFL time to prepare, there's no chance they leave him out.

Of course they don't confirm or deny anything around team selection until it happens, but I stand by my opinion that it's caginess more than anything and that Day is beyond the point of ever being rushed back. If his ankle is fine enough to play football, which it should be considering he was put on an extremely conservative path and has been given VFL time to prepare, there's no chance they leave him out.
I hope so mate earlier in the week I was convinced he was going to play but the presser really changed my mind. I was there first hand listening to it. If he is selected Sam would have me in any poker game

I hope so mate earlier in the week I was convinced he was going to play but the presser really changed my mind. I was there first hand listening to it. If he is selected Sam would have me in any poker game
After seeing him on the box on the weekend, my take away is that Sam gives nothing away. Reflecting on all the draftee reports too, that they had no clue the Hawks were legitimately interested until they heard their name called and so on. I reckon that's just the way Sam plays it.

After seeing him on the box on the weekend, my take away is that Sam gives nothing away. Reflecting on all the draftee reports too, that they had no clue the Hawks were legitimately interested until they heard their name called and so on. I reckon that's just the way Sam plays it.
I'm good to have a game of poker with Sam. He wasnt bluffing about day

I'm good to have a game of poker with Sam. He wasnt bluffing about day
Damn, late change? Haha

I just don't see the benefit in this but I guess you don't make any unnecessary changes to a winning formula.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back