Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks like Ryan made the cut again Clarkco must have big plans for him he is a jet let's hope he turns on the afterburners in the finals and kicks some butt players like him really are our future and it looks like Clarkco is willing to roll the dice on him. and good on him in Clarkco we trust go Hawks

Have seen some nice moments from Ryan in his first two games. Hopefully he can string a few of those good moments together and snag himself at least a couple of goals tomorrow. However our season finishes, I am looking forward to him having a full and effective preseason

Have seen some nice moments from Ryan in his first two games. Hopefully he can string a few of those good moments together and snag himself at least a couple of goals tomorrow. However our season finishes, I am looking forward to him having a full and effective preseason
I'm looking forward to Burton being our next outstanding young player and leading our other good young players along.

I just watched the replay of West Coast versus Hawthorn Burton didn't do much in the first three quarters but in the last quarter it looked like they moved him to halfback where he done quite a few nice things he has class written all over him. that might be the plan again for him this week and thats why we dropped Brand.

I just watched the replay of West Coast versus Hawthorn Burton didn't do much in the first three quarters but in the last quarter it looked like they moved him to halfback where he done quite a few nice things he has class written all over him. that might be the plan again for him this week and thats why we dropped Brand.
Think we dropped Brand cause the pies have a small forward line but don't you just love Burton.
He could make a big difference for us in the finals.

Surprised he wasn't dropped.

Will need a big one to stay in the side. Looking forward to it
He wont be dropped for the rest of the season. I think he has very big raps and he is being fast tracked for next year. I really think Clarkson is just building this season. Winning a fourth grand final in a row will just be a side effect of the plan.

They did him no favours with how they kicked it inside forward 50.

He wont be dropped for the rest of the season. I think he has very big raps and he is being fast tracked for next year. I really think Clarkson is just building this season. Winning a fourth grand final in a row will just be a side effect of the plan.

Agree....
Isn't it exciting :).

They did him no favours with how they kicked it inside forward 50.
agreed but not just him all our forwards had a tough night even our best players were fumbling all night which was out of the norm. so it wasn't a surprise he didn't do much in the first three quarters but I really really like the look of him down back he seemed more comfortable he just makes good decisions with the ball and you can just tell he's just pure class

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very excited for Burton as a future prospect.

Not sure is doing enough at the moment though. Everyone is talking about fast tracking his development but we are pushing for a flag here. No room for that.

Looking forward to watching him closely live tomorrow. Comes out for Stratton for mine however.

He wont be dropped for the rest of the season................. I really think Clarkson is just building this season. Winning a fourth grand final in a row will just be a side effect of the plan.

I think that would be a pretty crappy way to treat the men who have played and sacrificed for so long for this club, and whose chance at further immortality could be crueled by a plan that places developing a first year player over winning another cup.

You're wrong - I hope. My respect for Clarko would drop considerably if this was true.

I think that would be a pretty crappy way to treat the men who have played and sacrificed for so long for this club, and whose chance at further immortality could be crueled by a plan that places developing a first year player over winning another cup.

You're wrong - I hope. My respect for Clarko would drop considerably if this was true.
I think you've misread my post. It's just a bit of tongue in cheek and not a serious post. As in we will hopefully win a fourth straight flag whilst given kids some experience.

Having said that, Burton is likely to be the Langford of 2014 for this year's finals.

Last edited:
I hope he plays well enough to earn a rising star nomination this week he is the definition of a rising star. but he hasn't played enough games so far this year to make him ineligible next year although a safe bet would be for him to win the rising star next year when he will take his game to a whole new level as his fitness and confidence in his body improves

I hope he plays well enough to earn a rising star nomination this week he is the definition of a rising star. but he hasn't played enough games so far this year to make him ineligible next year although a safe bet would be for him to win the rising star next year when he will take his game to a whole new level as his fitness and confidence in his body improves
I just ran out of breath.

He would have to have one heck of a game to take this week's nomination off Barrass from the eagles.

I'd be more entertaining if he didn't get it but then went on to win the Norm Smith medal in a winning GF.

Roos was pushing for Hunt to get it even though the Dees phoned it in he probably will

it looks like Ryan made the cut again Clarkco must have big plans for him he is a jet let's hope he turns on the afterburners in the finals and kicks some butt players like him really are our future and it looks like Clarkco is willing to roll the dice on him. and good on him in Clarkco we trust go Hawks

Short term, I think they will use him on an outside midfielder (if they are getting on top)

Allows smith, hill and hartung more chance to get ahead of the play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back