Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
swings and roundabouts...
what we gave up for Jaeger..that most raised eyebrows ...which still might be a good deal ...
what we gave up for Burton is already a massive plus

Win some, lose some but HFC usually comes out with more hits than misses

His finishing skills from long range, at this moment appear to be absolutely elite. Seems slightly wasted to have him back from now.

I wonder if he has any ball winning ability and could see a transition to the midfield.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have good reason to believe that he will play forward this year.

I have good reason to believe that he will play forward this year.
I can see him and Gunston playing very similar roles. Being named up forward but spending a lot of time getting up the ground to help with the transition, before getting back into the forward line to double back and be a lead up target. Also helping control the tempo by falling back to half back late in quarters and when ever the oppo gets some momentum. And of course like last year either/both of them can swing back and cover for losses in the back line.

I thought he'd trained with the defenders for most of the pre-season and certainly played their in the intra and AFLX???
Listening to the Q&A Clarko just did it sounds like he will spend most of the season down back with stints up forward. Sounds like midfield isn't on the cards for this season either (not that i think too many are surprised by that)

Spot on. The trade for Jed was pick 15, but by the time academy picks had been taken it was the 19th pick in the draft

In before someone mentions the inconsequential swap of later round picks like they always do...

You'll be happy to know I have read a poster on the Norf board claim that Ben McKay is going to have a better career than Ryan Burton - so that should be fun to watch.

In before someone mentions the inconsequential swap of later round picks like they always do...

You'll be happy to know I have read a poster on the Norf board claim that Ben McKay is going to have a better career than Ryan Burton - so that should be fun to watch.
Gee, thats delusional.

Gee, thats delusional.

The Norf board is full of great delusion. Granted most know where they are at - but there are a couple of posters who seriously need to rein in their expectations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes, with Johnny Hay, Nathan Thompson and now this, they really are our bunnies...

We did take a couple of spuds off their hands though, what were their names again? Gibson and Hale or something I think.

I am super excited about Burton, going to be one of the reasons I watch every week this year no matter how the season pans out.

We did take a couple of spuds off their hands though, what were their names again? Gibson and Hale or something I think.

I am super excited about Burton, going to be one of the reasons I watch every week this year no matter how the season pans out.

Was reading a North thread (SC research) and the topic off Josh Gibson came up. The vitriol directed at him was mind blowing. The bloke was borderline best 22 for North just before we went knocking.

I remember watching him play (Gibson) at Blundstone Arena for North Ballarat against the Tassie Devils years ago and wondered how we was not first 22 for the Roos. He was a class above. The other players who were a class above that day were a veteran Jade Rawlings and a young Jack Riewoldt (he had star written all over him).

Last edited:
Was reading a North thread (SC research) and the topic off Josh Gibson came up. The vitriol directed to him was mind blowing. The bloke was borderline best 22 for North just before we went knocking.

I remember watching him play (Gibson) at Blundstone Arena for North Ballarat against the Tassie Devils years ago and wondered how we was not best best first 22 for the Roos. He was a class above. The other players who were a class above that day were a veteran Jade Rawlings and a young Jack Riewoldt (he had star written all over him).
I remember him towelling up Buddy the week after our Elimination Final win against the Crows.

You guys forgot the biggie of the 2004-05 period.

Lance Picioane.

He spent his final season in the AFL at Norf.

Hey while you are here and this is the Ryan Burton thread do you think you could arrange for McGrath to give back Ryans Rising Star award.

It could all go away very easily with no report of theft or involvement from Victoria Police :D.

Hey while you are here and this is the Ryan Burton thread do you think you could arrange for McGrath to give back Ryans Rising Star award.

It could all go away very easily with no report of theft or involvement from Victoria Police :D.

* players are well versed in handing ill-gotten awards to more deserving Hawks.

Come to think of it Daniher owes Howe his award also.

Essendon get done for systematic doping and now multiple theft's.

It was the AFL that thieved those awards from Burto and Howe, in an attempt to get Essendon on the back pages for positive reasons...

Gil is a thief and supports drug takers !!!!

Jeremy Howe should indeed have gotten last year's MOTY.

McGrath, on the other hand, well deserved.

Except there isn’t a single logical metric that puts him ahead of Burton overall. But logic and facts aren’t things that * fans are all that in touch with the past 6 years or so - so I can forgive why you’d come to the conclusion you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back